New Members Feel free to introduce yourself.
View Poll Results: No fender tag
Value ?
0%
Difficult to sell without fender tag should I decide to sell ?
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

1968 GTX--No fender tag

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2021, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 1968 GTX--No fender tag

Glad to join this great site with MOPAR guys & girls.. Have never owned a MOPAR, but have recently became more attracted to them Over my '67 Chevelle SS Clone, ....Looking at '68 GTX---New 727 w/ 3500 Stall, 3.91 Posi-Trac, 440-4 bbl with 505 Stroker w/ Serpentine belt set-up, Runs really good, Owner Saying it is somewhere in the vicinity of 600+ HP, Chrome everywhere, Headers, Power steering & Front disc brakes...New suspension, Air shocks, & 3" Flo-Master(s).Extreme low mileage, Carpet replaced, New fuel tank (but sending unit not working), All other gauges, lights, mirrows, wipers work...Good glasses & windows, How0ever needs all new weatherstripping, Only rust inside trunk slight around inner RH trunk wheel well seam, Otherwise no signs of any rust,, All chrome trim in excellent condition,Would rate the interior and exterior paint job a 8-1/2+, an the same for the vinyl roof...Vin # does check out with current options...He is supposedly 2nd owner, Says will take me to original owner to verify car purchase from a dealership...Seat belts, Magnum 500 wheels, Tires good, ,,Could someone comment on..What RPM's should be @55, @65 MPH, etc with this stall with 440 (505 Stroker), ... Should I be leary even if I get positive comments from original owner not having current fender tag.. ? How will having no fender tag affect If/When I decide to sell it ? Asking for a general comment(s) on what this cars value should be..ASSUMING all other mechanical features check out, and without having pictures to share.. How-ever, it is exactly how I'm describing.. Clear title, AM Radio...I appreciate any and all comments.. THANK-You for your time
Old 11-20-2021, 04:20 PM

Sounds like a fun car? Missing fender tag would only be a consideration depending on price. Personally, I could live with it.
Good luck,
Bill
Old 11-23-2021, 09:10 PM

Thanks Bill., Was mainly interested in..to what affect Not having a fender tag would it hurt should I choose to resell one day and a ballpark value of it As described..
THANKS for your reply thou
Old 11-24-2021, 10:24 AM
Mopar Fan

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
You should use NADA or similar to get your value estimate. To get the best price at resale, you would need the tag. Without it the price would have to be lowered because of not being able to prove options. That said, the VIN proves a lot, and you can go back to Chrysler and get the original build sheet for that exact car. Again, the tag is only of interest to someone who shows the car or to a high end collector. It is a great sounding car, but probably not a collector, so I think you won't get hit much for the tag. Depending on the price, and I'd use the NADA price as a gauge...I'd snap it up.