New Members Feel free to introduce yourself.

Howdy

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 02:11 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Howdy

Howdy folks. As you may have guessed from my handle, I don't own a Mopar . Have had a couple over the years including one I bought new off the dealer's lot. Not wanting to start any arguments here, I still feel FORD is best. Now that I've got that over with, I DO like the Mopar family of vehicles ( not the mistubichis, the original Mopars ). Also like AMC even before Mopar bought them. Once owned one & it was a good one. If I could find a nice older ( mid 60s -mid 70s ) Mopar I could afford, I would own one. Regardless, just wanted to say howdy & check out what's happening in Mopar land.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:43 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
welcome to the forum
Old 12-21-2009, 02:58 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Originally Posted by 67 GTX
welcome to the forum
Thanks. Just to be clear, I don't dislike Mopar. Think they made some cool stuff. I'm sure even the kids these days have heard of a Hemi Cuda, but how many know what a Lil Red Express was? Doubt seriously if they ever heard of Mr. Norm or Sox & Martin. Who wouldn't love to have a Superbird or Daytona Charger? Nothing wrong with a Duster / Demon either. Which reminds me, have seen stuff that looked like them called a Dart. My recollection of a Dart / Valiant is from 60s & 70s. Are those Darts? What about the Aspen / Volare, was that a replacement for the Duster / Demon? There's a strong resemblance to me.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:48 PM

Howdy back Old Ford Man,keep coming back here and you will forget what a ford is,L0L, my brother is a ford fan.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:56 PM
Mopar Fanatic

It's like I said, Mopar made some cool stuff. Have owned a few over the years & who knows? If I could find the right thing for the right price, I'd own one again. Mopars ( & AMC ) I've owned include a '64 Fury, '72 Gremlin X, '77 Monaco, '88 Diplomat, & last but not least a new off the lot '94 1500 2WD. Only reason it left was because I needed FAST & it was paid for. Actually tried to buy it back before I got my truck, no sale. Sold to neighbor's son or grandson, forget which. Always have had a soft spot in my heart for Mopars.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:09 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Forgot to mention, I've got a neighbor with a suhweeeeet Mopar. Think he said it was a '70 Charger or Challenger ( sorry, never could keep those two straight ). It's the one that looks like a Cuda. Nice bright yellow with the stripes. He used to have a gm & sold / traded it For a newer ( " 94 / up ) Dodge pickup. Just repainted it the same yellow as the car. He is a true Mopar fan. He also has a Nash ( predecessor to AMC ) & his wife has something that resembles ( shape / size wise ) my old Diplomat. Will see if he'll let me get some pictures one of these days. Know you guys would like to see them. You use Photo Bucket here?
Old 12-22-2009, 04:26 AM

Not sure about photo bucket, i have a file in......My Pictures.......,i just open the picture from there and upload.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:55 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 117 Likes on 115 Posts
Howdy One Old Ford Man....... Welcome to our forum. Look around and you will see that we are a peaceable bunch!!!!! As long as you agree with us!!!!!

I can't down the Fords too much... My wife has a 06 Mustang that is a blast to drive and a F-150 4x4 truck.... Any my company truck that I drive every day is a Ford F-150.... So I do know a little about that brand X......

But, my love is Mopars.... I have a 3500 deisel that pulls my race car. One is a 1968 Barracuda and the other in a 2009 Challenger Drag Pak.

Welcome again and give us your thoughts and ideas as well........
Old 12-22-2009, 08:27 AM
Mopar Fanatic

I am willing to own & drive a Mopar, but I want what I call a " REAL " Mopar. None of this micubichi 4 banger / V6 front wheel drive stuff. If I ever get another Mopar, I'm going for a big block. Sure I'd LOVE a Superbird or Daytona Charger, who wouldn't? Hemi Cuda? Sure. I also know I wouldn't even be able to afford insurance on one, let alone buy one. What I would like to find is something not quite as expensive that I could use for a daily driver. I want a 2 door with buckets & a floor shift. Have to have an auto. ( can't push a clutch due to an old injury ). One of the reasons I decided to join was to check out the Mopar world & see what's out there. Might even consider a 340 or 360, but I really want a big block. Mr. Reeves, was going back through some of the old stuff here & see you got one of the new Chas ( sorry, I STILL haven't gotten it straight in my head which one is which, Charger / Challenger ). How's the build coming along on it? Had it to the track yet? Not sure what your rules are on a newbie listing stuff for sale, so I'll just say I'm trying to sell my current car & IF I can find a Mopar I can afford that I like, I may be back with a Mopar. See you guys are rubbing off already !! Thanks again to everybody for the welcome, wasn't sure how y'all would feel about a non-Mopar owner coming in here. Not trying to invade or convert anybody, just hanging out. It's like I said, think Mopar used to have some cool stuff & they're finally trying to get back. How many years was it when they didn't even build a V-8 ( or slant 6 ) RWD car? Only trucks or vans.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:15 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Just re-read what I said & realized I missed a Mopar that I owned ( actually 3 if you count AMC before Mopar bought them ). I also had a '74? '75 Monaco 440 4Bbl. ( Ex-CHiP mobile, was stationed in Calif. at the time ). Traded that for a new '80 or '81 AMC Eagle ( 4WD ) & then about a year later traded it for a new Eagle wagon. Missed another one, had a new Dodge ½ ton 2WD that I traded the Eagle wagon in on. So as you can see, I have owned Mopars before & for the most part was pleased with them. I'd rather push a Mopar than drive a shstartrolet ( any flavor, oldsmobubble, punkattack, all the same. Even crapalac ) or japan product.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:09 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 117 Likes on 115 Posts
Originally Posted by 1OldFordMan

Mr. Reeves, was going back through some of the old stuff here & see you got one of the new Chas ( sorry, I STILL haven't gotten it straight in my head which one is which, Charger / Challenger ). How's the build coming along on it? Had it to the track yet?

Yes we are building a Challenger Drag Pak... Going very slowly at this time..... My chassis guy had two jobs ahead of me and is finishing them up and I'm next... Was hopeing to get my car to him this week but looks like its going to be close to the first of the year.. But it will happen when its supposed to.... As far as calling it a Challenger or Charger that is OK just as long as you don't call it a Camaro!!!!!!
Old 12-22-2009, 01:28 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Originally Posted by MReeves
Yes we are building a Challenger Drag Pak... Going very slowly at this time..... My chassis guy had two jobs ahead of me and is finishing them up and I'm next... Was hopeing to get my car to him this week but looks like its going to be close to the first of the year.. But it will happen when its supposed to.... As far as calling it a Challenger or Charger that is OK just as long as you don't call it a Camaro!!!!!!
Admittedly I am a little weak on what's what, but I wouldn't insult anyone like that!! I can tell the difference between a Mopar & a piece of shstartrolet ( at least the older stuff ). Nowadays, well that's another story, they all look made in japan to me. So if I'm right ( yours is a Challenger ), the Charger would be the one that looked like a Road Runner instead of a Cuda? That would mean my neighbor ( who wasn't home a few minutes ago ) has a Challenger also. Wanted to see if he'd let me get some pictures of his Mopar family. For what it's worth, I put pictures of my current rides up even if they aren't Mopars. After all, I saw a hodna there, so I figured at least this is American, V-8, rear wheel drive.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:49 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Welcome to the forums here. Doesn't matter if you own a Mopar the right one will pop up one day. Nothing wrong with Fords, I like the older ones compared to the new ones out.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:11 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Thanks. I'm the same way with Mopar. Except the new Challenger(?). The 2 door version, not the 4 door. Maybe tomorrow I can get pictures of my neighbor's Mopar family & put them up for you fine folks to drool over. That reminds me, where do I send the bill for my new keyboard? I've been checking out the " Member's Rides " pages & the drool has mine shorted out.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:15 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 1OldFordMan
Thanks. I'm the same way with Mopar. Except the new Challenger(?). The 2 door version, not the 4 door. Maybe tomorrow I can get pictures of my neighbor's Mopar family & put them up for you fine folks to drool over. That reminds me, where do I send the bill for my new keyboard? I've been checking out the " Member's Rides " pages & the drool has mine shorted out.
Cool more car ****!!!! I keep 2 towels for drool beside my keyboard, this is a hazard of all these cool cars.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:58 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Originally Posted by old tired rebel
Cool more car ****!!!! I keep 2 towels for drool beside my keyboard, this is a hazard of all these cool cars.
Yeah, he's got a nice ( think he said '70 ) Challenger(?), the one that looks like a Cuda, not the one that looks like a Road Runner. I promise if I ever get another Mopar, I'll learn which one's which. He also has a 4 wheel drive Ram 1500 he repainted to match. Plus a Nash & his wife's car. Body style looks like the '88 Diplomat I once had. Think it might be a Grand(?) Fury, not sure.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:59 AM
Admin

Received 200 Likes on 195 Posts
Welcome!
Old 12-23-2009, 07:48 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Sorry folks, no Mopar **** yet. Think my neighbor must've disappeared for Christmas. I promise when I catch up with him, I'll talk to him about me taking pictures of his Mopar family. I think you'll enjoy it ( especially the yellow Challenger(?) Charger(?). Please be patient with me, I'm a newbie here.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:55 AM
Mopar Lover

welcome to the show ford guy, glad your here. dont feel bad we all have our secrets. I work for g.m. i drive all mopars, and my wife has a 92 stang g.t. convert. important thing is we all have a common ground here, our love for ma mopar.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:47 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Too cold lately for any Mopar **** . Waiting for warmer weather . Just noticed the guy next to him now has a Mopar sitting at his place too. Don't know him, think I need to meet him . Just at a guess, I'm saying around '73 Satellite or whatever the Dodge version was . So IF the weather ever gets warm & I can catch these guys at home, I'll get some new Mopar **** up for everyone else to drool over. Is summer coming anytime soon?
Old 01-07-2010, 05:33 PM
Mopar Lover

Hey Old Ford Man, welcome! My first car was a 1965 Mustang 6 cyl with a 3 speed on the floor for $400. I love the old Fords. For much of my life I was a Corvette guy, but not one of those real dicks. Now all the Vettes are gone and I am almost done with my first Mopar, a 67 GTX Clone project with the 440 and a 4 speed. I have been treaetd with nothing but kindness here, and I see that it has been the same for you. Again, welcome!
Old 01-07-2010, 06:00 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Originally Posted by 67gtxclone
Hey Old Ford Man, welcome! My first car was a 1965 Mustang 6 cyl with a 3 speed on the floor for $400. I love the old Fords. For much of my life I was a Corvette guy, but not one of those real dicks. Now all the Vettes are gone and I am almost done with my first Mopar, a 67 GTX Clone project with the 440 and a 4 speed. I have been treaetd with nothing but kindness here, and I see that it has been the same for you. Again, welcome!
Have had no reason to complain. Folks here have been willing to talk & even had a few people find Mopars for sale. My big problem right now is I haven't sold The Beast yet. Even suggested that if somebody wanted to park their Mopar for the winter, The Beast would be a good car to drive. So far, no takers. I'm thinking that once I sell The Beast, I can afford a cheap Mopar. Somebody sent me a thing about one of the Aspen / Volare Road Runners in Tenn. No money right now & a 10 hour drive to even look at it in person. Price wasn't bad. Supposedly just needed a battery & brakes. Even included a lot of extra parts.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:00 PM
Mopar or no car,truck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is a Dart,a 63 Dart GT.
Attached Thumbnails Howdy-5451_101877503159079_10000010490527.jpg  
Old 03-10-2010, 12:30 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome I used to be in love with ford trucks thats all I said I would ever own, then I found my first 73 swinger and I was INTOXICATED by the mopar maddness