New Members Feel free to introduce yourself.

New from Independence, MO

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 05:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New from Independence, MO

Hi everyone. My name is Mike! I've joined this forum hoping that I might be able to locate an older Mopar car that I could spend time fixing up and taking to shows locally. I've owned Chrysler Corp cars and trucks since 1994, and currently own a 2006 Ram 2500, and a 2011 Chrysler 200.

Here is the list of cars that I'm looking for. If anyone would know where I could locate or have one of these cars for sale I'd like to talk with you.

1955 Desoto Sportsman 2 door.
1955 Chrysler New Yorker 2 door.
1961 Dodge Polara 2 door.
1961 Dodge Dart Pioneer 2 door.
1962 Chrysler Newport 2 door.

Any help you could provide would be appreciated.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:42 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 80 Likes on 80 Posts
welcome to the forum
Old 07-05-2011, 11:46 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Welcome to the madness and good luck in your search !
Old 07-05-2011, 02:40 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Try running up to Chanute, there is a old gas station near downtown, (Gas station looks a little abandon) that had a sweet late 60's B body out front a summer or so ago. Had some massive slicks on the rear.

Good luck

Joe.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:30 PM
Admin

Received 200 Likes on 195 Posts
Welcome!
Old 07-05-2011, 09:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 181 Likes on 170 Posts
Welcome aboard from Texas and a fellow show me state resident...grew up in St. Charles......
Old 07-06-2011, 03:54 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 117 Likes on 115 Posts
Welcome to the forum.... Good luck on your search for that just right Mopar.... Speaking of just right Mopars be sure to check out the Mopar of the month contest... See the sticky for the simple rules and then cast your vote to help pick the winner ..
Old 07-06-2011, 07:31 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
Seek and ye shall find... it's part of the fun!
Old 07-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Welcome! good luck with your search.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:14 PM

Thanks for the greetings everyone, I've enjoyed the search so far, and hopefully I'll be able to find one soon. It's funny that Barfly mentioned Chanute as I grew up in SEK and we competed against Chanute in high school. I'll check out the Mopar of the month contest, and maybe with any luck I'll be able to see if my car would be worth voting for. Take care everyone!
Old 07-06-2011, 06:17 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
Welcome aboard Mike
Old 07-09-2011, 07:11 PM

Got myself a nice classic car.

I bought myself a nice car today. It's a 1956 Chrysler New Yorker Newport. It needs some work but it should clean up really nice. It has:

354 ci Hemi with a Push Button Automatic Transmission
Factory Air Conditioning
Power Windows
Power Seats
Power Steering and Brakes.
Factory installed record player.

I'm really excited about getting it home and taking it to shows.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:55 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Originally Posted by mjcolemo
Thanks for the greetings everyone, I've enjoyed the search so far, and hopefully I'll be able to find one soon. It's funny that Barfly mentioned Chanute as I grew up in SEK and we competed against Chanute in high school. I'll check out the Mopar of the month contest, and maybe with any luck I'll be able to see if my car would be worth voting for. Take care everyone!

Yea I saw Independence and was thinking KS.
So it is kinda cool you are familiar with Chanute which is about 45 minutes north of Independence KS.

Anyway, good luck with your search!

Joe.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:37 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
welcome to the forum
Old 07-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts
Sharp Chrysler! Congratulations!!
Old 07-12-2011, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by Barfly

Yea I saw Independence and was thinking KS.
So it is kinda cool you are familiar with Chanute which is about 45 minutes north of Independence KS.

Anyway, good luck with your search!

Joe.
Well I actually grew up in Edna Ks, which is east of Coffeyville about 10 miles. The school I went to played against Independence, Ks in High School also.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by Silverick
Sharp Chrysler! Congratulations!!

Thank you. I'm really looking forward to getting it home.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:13 PM
Mopar Fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome fellow Independence resident. (Independencian just doesn't sound right). Good to see another Mopar guy in town. Maybe I can see that beauty at one of the local cruise nights around town. Would be cool to meet another board member. Congrats on the new car.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by CustomDave
Welcome fellow Independence resident. (Independencian just doesn't sound right). Good to see another Mopar guy in town. Maybe I can see that beauty at one of the local cruise nights around town. Would be cool to meet another board member. Congrats on the new car.
Good to have a local guy to talk to. That's a really nice looking Fury that you have! I have a little work to do on the New Yorker to get her ready for cruise nights but maybe by the end of summer I can get out once or twice. Who do I get a hold of to find out when the cruise nights are going on?
Old 07-12-2011, 07:11 PM
Mopar Fan

Well, there are several local ones around. The High Performance Auto Club (HPAC local Mopar club) has one the 3rd Saturday of every month. So this Saturday. But it is a bit of a drive at the Culver's at 135th and Antioch. There is one every Thursday night at the McDonalds at 24 hwy and 291. All makes and models welcome at that one. There is also one over by my house at the Big Boy Burgers on 40 hwy and Chrysler every Wednesday night, also all makes and models welcome. And I have heard there is one at the Red Robin on Tuesday nights, but haven't confirmed it yet. There is also one in Blue Springs on one Saturday every month but I can't remember which one.

Here is a link to some from last year, I think they have updated any that have changed. http://www.kcsr.org/showthread.php?t=69299

Here is a link to the local mopar club. http://www.hpacmopar.com/

I wouldn't worry about what your ride looks like too much. It is just cruise nights for fun. Mine looks better in pics than it does in person, and I take it out to them when I can. ( it isn't too often that I get off in time to go to them though) Most of the people are really nice at them and just glad to have more along.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:55 AM

Well, there are several local ones around. The High Performance Auto Club (HPAC local Mopar club) has one the 3rd Saturday of every month. So this Saturday. But it is a bit of a drive at the Culver's at 135th and Antioch. There is one every Thursday night at the McDonalds at 24 hwy and 291. All makes and models welcome at that one. There is also one over by my house at the Big Boy Burgers on 40 hwy and Chrysler every Wednesday night, also all makes and models welcome. And I have heard there is one at the Red Robin on Tuesday nights, but haven't confirmed it yet. There is also one in Blue Springs on one Saturday every month but I can't remember which one.

Here is a link to some from last year, I think they have updated any that have changed. http://www.kcsr.org/showthread.php?t=69299

Here is a link to the local mopar club. http://www.hpacmopar.com/

I wouldn't worry about what your ride looks like too much. It is just cruise nights for fun. Mine looks better in pics than it does in person, and I take it out to them when I can. ( it isn't too often that I get off in time to go to them though) Most of the people are really nice at them and just glad to have more along.

Great, thank you for the information. That helps me a lot, I've noticed the HPAC club out of Liberty on the internet, but thought they only have 60's model muscle cars so I didn't know if the New Yorker would fit in. But I'll check it out. So you live over be 40 and Chrysler. I live over by 70 and Lees Summit Rd so we have some proximity. thank you again for the information.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:40 PM
Mopar Fan

Well, I went to the HPAC show about a month ago out in Olathe and joined. I will say that the majority of the cars there were muscle cars, but there were cars spanning all years and models. Everyone with a Mopar is welcome to join I believe. The people I talked to were all very nice.

I just noticed you said your car has a factory record player. Now I really can't wait to see it. I have never seen anything like that, sounds cool.

Last edited by CustomDave; 07-13-2011 at 09:42 PM. Reason: I suck at the english language.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:57 PM
Mopar Fanatic

welcome, dont get none of those tranny buttons stuck now
Old 07-14-2011, 12:56 PM

I just noticed you said your car has a factory record player. Now I really can't wait to see it. I have never seen anything like that, sounds cool.

Yeah, I was surprised to see that too. I hope it works, thought I'd play some Elvis music at the cruise nights.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:58 PM

Got her home.

I went out to Salina last Friday and loaded the New Yorker on a trailer and brought her back to Independence. Need to do a few things to her before getting out on the road but maybe by September! Unfortunately the record player doesn't work, so I guess I'll have to send that out with the radio to get fixed.