Dodge Demon concept.. WTF!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 11:38 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Dodge Demon concept.. WTF!

Just decided to type in Dodge Demon concept on google images to see what came up.. And all I can say is wtf is wrong with chrysler! This thing looks like a mazda miata and a nissan 350z boned and this ugly runt popped out and was takin and raised by dodge! This isn't a Demon. This is a wannabe import. A demon was a rough tough mean looking muscle car. This thing is a dainty frilly girly car in the same league as a VW Beetle. I didn't bother reading what would be under the hood but I bet anything its going to come with a 4 cylinder maybe a 6. In all fairness to dodge, its not a bad looking car. But it's no Demon. Now if they badged it as a Dodge Colt. I would be on the opposite end of the spectrum. The Dodge colt to me always looked like an old school import (really close to the old Corollas). And I am a fan of the Nissan Z cars. But if its a muscle car let it be a muscle car, dont try to build it to compete with imports! But thats my opinion whats yours? lol

http://www.google.com/search?q=dodge...GuHhygGy9oG4AQ

Last edited by rcknrolfender79; 03-02-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it looks cool... if i was a highschool cheerleader. Im willing to bet it comes with a spare hamster for when it gets tired. Now a SRT with a 6.1 I may have to buy one.... for the wife
Old 03-05-2013, 03:04 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 145 Likes on 141 Posts
No way it looks like a Toyota. Check out the 2014 Cuda its alot nicer I heard it is a 2.4 turbo ???????? And the Challenger is going away.But thats what we hear at the dealer level
Old 03-07-2013, 02:43 AM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by smitty
I think it looks cool... if i was a highschool cheerleader. Im willing to bet it comes with a spare hamster for when it gets tired. Now a SRT with a 6.1 I may have to buy one.... for the wife
LOL
Old 03-07-2013, 02:48 AM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by pro-tech
No way it looks like a Toyota. Check out the 2014 Cuda its alot nicer I heard it is a 2.4 turbo ???????? And the Challenger is going away.But thats what we hear at the dealer level
No I don't think it looks like a toyota (I think the old dodge Colts looked like Corollas though). But it most definitely resembles a Mazda Miata and a Nissan Z car. The tail end of it looks like a Z car. The front of it looks like a Miata.

If you google image oh say a 1973 dodge colt then google image 1973 corolla you'll see they are very similar. And yes I have heard they are going to replace the challenger with the cuda. Not sure I like it yet though. I just wish they would stick a bit closer to the 70 or 71 cuda since that is the design they are obviously basing it off of.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:59 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts
Yep its butt ugly but then all the new cars are so whats the difference? The only good thing is it has a nice dash that doesnt look like an airplane.

The new dart looks similar the old one in that it matches a simple everyday driver car of the year. The dart sport/demon was offered later and again didn't really look like much compared to the challenger or charger cars of the time. It was seen later on as a muscle car but not at first.

The new charger is ...ugly. While the charger and challenger come iwth the 6.4 engine , not sure what mos stands for, at least they have cubic inches.

I do wonder when the 7.0l will hit production and if they will tag it as the 426 which imo sounds cooler.

Ops read that wrong it's MDS for the cylinder cutoff.

Last edited by jacilynn_s; 03-13-2013 at 10:25 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:47 AM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by jacilynn_s
Yep its butt ugly but then all the new cars are so whats the difference? The only good thing is it has a nice dash that doesnt look like an airplane.

The new dart looks similar the old one in that it matches a simple everyday driver car of the year. The dart sport/demon was offered later and again didn't really look like much compared to the challenger or charger cars of the time. It was seen later on as a muscle car but not at first.

The new charger is ...ugly. While the charger and challenger come iwth the 6.4 engine , not sure what mos stands for, at least they have cubic inches.

I do wonder when the 7.0l will hit production and if they will tag it as the 426 which imo sounds cooler.

Ops read that wrong it's MDS for the cylinder cutoff.
Yup. I agree with you. I dont care for the new dart either. I'd personally rather have this demon than one of the new darts. Nothing about it looks cool to me. Now the new Challenger is nice... but its too tall. And the charger if you ask me is a disgrace to the charger name. How in the hell are they going to come out with a charger (probably the most iconic muscle car of all time) and not even offer a 2 door version!? Now they are trying to make it look like a 69/70 with the tail lights on the newest ones. You'd think chrysler would be smart enough to fire up the old presses and just reproduce the exact same cars from back in the day just put updated interior, engine, and safety features. I'd bet anything it would out sell every new muscle car out in the first day. Maybe not on all of them, but at least for the challenger and charger since they are obviously trying to style them after the originals. How cool would it be to own a 2013 challenger SRT8 6 speed that looked exactly like a 1970 all the way down to the chrome trim and bumpers? I really wish they'd get the super bee name off of the new charger and come out with a reproduction of the coronet and put the super bee name back where it belongs. I think a great concept for a new coronet would be a 68 haul and rear end with a 70 front clip. But thats just me. The quarters and tail lights on the 68's were just mean and muscled looking, and the 70 front clip just has a face that says I'm pissed off and going to eat your soul lol.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:37 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 145 Likes on 141 Posts
LOL I had a 70 super bee and never thought of it like what you did.( EAT YOUR SOUL) WOW... I thought the 2 wrap around bumpers and twin functional hood scoops were awsome looking. The car was Plum Crazy with the white wrap around stripe on the rear and of course a pistol grip 4 speed. Man I would love to have that car back today. It was a gas hog as it had 4:10 gears and 383 with a 850 holley. I was 20 years old and couldn't afford to keep gas in it driving 100 miles a day for work, and my wife with a baby on the way.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:05 PM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by pro-tech
LOL I had a 70 super bee and never thought of it like what you did.( EAT YOUR SOUL) WOW... I thought the 2 wrap around bumpers and twin functional hood scoops were awsome looking. The car was Plum Crazy with the white wrap around stripe on the rear and of course a pistol grip 4 speed. Man I would love to have that car back today. It was a gas hog as it had 4:10 gears and 383 with a 850 holley. I was 20 years old and couldn't afford to keep gas in it driving 100 miles a day for work, and my wife with a baby on the way.
Yeah I've always saw them like that. I would say 70 is my favorite year. But I think where they screwed up with the 70 was changing the quarter panels. They should have kept them the same as the 68/69 quarters. They were just so much beefier looking than the 70's were. But if you ask me the 70 coronet's had the meanest/best looking grill and bumpers of all time. To me if you look at a 70 straight on it just looks pissed off and mean. The 68/69's had a bit of a pissed off look too but nothing like the 70. When I was shopping I knew I wanted either a 68 or a 70. Just depended on which one I found first. Obviously it was the 68 lol.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yuck! Thumbs down.
However as a Cordoba owner I give the Doba concept my full support.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_...0012_large.jpg
Old 03-30-2013, 01:31 PM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by Catamount
Yuck! Thumbs down.
However as a Cordoba owner I give the Doba concept my full support.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_...0012_large.jpg
Hey I haven't seen that one yet! That is a really nice concept. Looks like a muscled version of the 300! I like it!