Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 International Car Show - Tampa

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 09:10 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 International Car Show - Tampa

Dont know how many of the forum are close enough to even have gone to it but would like to know anyone elses thoughts on it. As someone who has gone to this every year for the last 15 years, I can truly say I was supremely disappointed!! First off, motorcycles...yea they are cool and I had one, still want another one, but we were at a car show and motorcycles took up about half of the floor space downstairs...used to be exotics and concept cars down there. Now there are 3 lambos & no concept cars anywhere. Anyways, they had a lot of automakers in attendance but not all. No Porsche, Land Rover, Mercedes just off the top of my head. Even the makers that were there seemed ill prepared, for example Nissan, didnt even bother to bring a Skyline! WTF?!?! I mean I'm American through n through but I wouldnt mind sitting or even seeing a bada$$ Nissan like that! The vettes were there, Camaros...GM had a great turnout, so did Ford even though the one 5.0 they had was an auto and you couldnt sit in the laguna seca stang on display, but no Raptor?!?! This year they included over 20 classic muscle cars...ready? 1 MOPAR, whos MOPAR? HULK HOGANS VIPER, whaaaat? Thats right, the ONLY classic mopar in the entire show was Hulksters custom painted gay *** viper which has been there every year since they started making Vipers, yay. Not even the vendor who was selling framed classic car pictures (over 200 on hand) had one single MOPAR framed up. It was a conspiracy I tell ya! It seemed like I paid entry into a parking lot at an Ikea or Super Wal-Mart...same everyday cars I see on the road, not exciting at all. I guess I'm trying to say next time you have a chance to go to the Tampa International Car Show, don't go. Thanks a lot Motor Trend
Old 11-22-2011, 02:02 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
That's why i don't go to that stuff i can't afford to buy a new car,boat,rv ect so i don't go i realize that some folks go to look and just do something different but it's just a waste of time for me got better thing to do and they are cheeper too. Sorry you had a bad day but i'm not suprised in this economy and area they would not waste their time. I'm in palm harbor and would not waste the fuel to go to those things.