General Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 jeep renegade trail hawk 2.4

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2021, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 jeep renegade trail hawk 2.4

Mods can move this somewhere else if they feel necessary. I have a 2018 renegade trail hawk with a 2.4L. I am using the cardac 3plus to scan the vehicle along with witech 2. The car came in after a minor accident and the driver's door has been replaced with the original door handle. The car is completely dead, only the hazards and radio turn on. Otherwise, it cannot turn on at all. I have a new bcm, ignition switch, key and rhfm module. When I scan the car using witech, all modules besides the security gateway module and bcm are recognized. Every other module reads as "not built" or doesn't exist. I have tried multiple scanners with the same result. I am receiving a signal to the rhfm that the keyless node is sending a signal but it is not coming out. I put power for the signal coming out and finally the car has life (dash lights up, bcm has power on every fuse etc.) However, still no communication with the modules (apparently they don't exist). I have checked all 3 CAN buses for voltage and resistance and seem fine. I have not yet put an oscilloscope on. Has anyone ever experienced anything similar? Any suggestions?
Old 01-29-2021, 08:44 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 871 Likes on 850 Posts
Good Morning J,
I would think that (IATN) would be more help to you in this case.
https://www.iatn.net/

But, Taking a stab in the dark... " You said it powers up after you put power to it"... I would say use the WiTech and look at the Key Fob and make sure it is reading or sending information to the rhfm or is it being block by the security and just ot waking up the system???? Or it is possible that the old hardware needs to be updated with the new hardwear meaning (BCM / Modules and so on).. May have to do the update on the FMC web site link... (TechCONNECT)
Old 01-29-2021, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thank you for the reply. I do have IATN but no help, its as if the problem doesnt exist. You are right, every key i have is virginized, however to program the keys i need communication with the rhfm. i will be attacking the can system further even though it seems ok. Im having a problem understanding why all the modules are showing as "not built" even though witech is reading the vin.

ps. iatn does not even read the vin. The BCM acting as a CAN BUS gateway is a big mistake in my opinion.

Last edited by jwalb; 01-29-2021 at 05:01 PM.
Old 01-31-2021, 11:47 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 871 Likes on 850 Posts
IF you put the FOB up at the start button.... You dont get anything from the display? That means the RFHM is not getting its signal... May even say message (Key) not detected?.... Check and see I think there is a service bulletin on that... But it sounds more like the problem is on the front side (Fob, Key, Security, PCM wake up)... Should be able to find it... I'm just not sure how to get you there....