Mopar Lover

Received 103 Likes on 103 Posts
Thumbs up

Check this polling data NEWSMAX.COM
Old 01-17-2013, 07:00 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 66 Likes on 62 Posts
Cool

Good control is a proper breathing and a smooth squeeze on the trigger. I have several positions on it too but I prefer the standing.
The following 2 users liked this post by fivepoint:
Buffalojoe426 (01-18-2013), Gorts 5th (01-17-2013)
Old 01-17-2013, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator

Received 181 Likes on 170 Posts
Keeping them out of bad peoples hands is the only control needed.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:33 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 386 Likes on 381 Posts
They can pass all the laws they think are necessary. The crooks and crazies will always find a way to get a gun. There are already too many laws on the books.
Use a gun in a crime get an automatic 10 years
Old 01-17-2013, 08:35 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 248 Likes on 241 Posts
Originally Posted by bremereric
THIS

Most of the crap spewed by the Dumbocrats and most especially our New Dictator is completely unconstitutional.

As much as "we'd like" to keep guns out of the hands of people with mental problems, this gets DIRECTLY into patient / doctor confidentiality. Bomba made some comment about "there is nothing in the affordable care act to prevent a doctor FROM ASKING THE PATIENT about one's gun ownership."

And one doctor has already commented that the smarter of the mental patients will simply shut down and not go for treatment. Hey, if ya keep your mouth shut, nobody'll know.

NOW THIS TO ME IMPLIES that if a doctor may ask that, then the U.S. government IS PLANNING to do something with that information.

Somebody in the Brady Bunch camp said something about "limiting ammunition sales"

AMMO CAPACITY. DID I HEAR RIGHT? Did NY already lower ammunition capacity to SEVEN rounds?

So here you are, a legal resident of NY, and you have two armed intruders breaking into your house so you are furiously OPENING YOUR MANDATORY gun safe, then fumbling with the MANDATORY trigger lock, then LOADING the weapon because by now it's illegal to store it loaded, and IF IF IF you get this all done before the bad guys break down the front door,

YOU ONLY HAVE SEVEN ROUNDS

I think a group of citizens should sue over stuff like this, for violation of, perhaps, the pursuit of life and liberty. After all, defending oneself with only 7 rounds against a pair with 10, 15, 30 round magazines is a little lopsided

WHAT HAS NOT been openly discussed:

Pretty obvious to me that ammunition can just be TAXED out of existence just like the govt did with cigarettes. (No, I'm not, never been a smoker)

Can YOU afford 60, 100 bucks a box for your "9", or 357? I'll bet you money that's next.

WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY

This gun control thing has now started a controversy that will be going on long after I'm dead and gone. This country's courts, administration and legislature is going to waste UNTOLD amounts of time and money debating this mess, at a time when this country is in DIRE need of economic miracles.

(Just look at the abortion battle, which has been going on since R v W in the early '70's)
Old 01-17-2013, 10:27 AM
Mopar Lover

Smile

i agree it's ones right to defend ones self/family by any means necessary it's a right by existence if i'm alive that's my right !!
only dictators say you can't defend your life, by any means necessary the take away your ability to defend by making it illegal. well eat lead you traitors!
and since we are on dictators we have the right to bear military arms to defend against a corruptible government-that will probably use united nation's troop's to disarm us i cant see ALL the military and police attacking the 2 nd amendment and be coming traitors too humanity them self's.
it's funny that they have for decades kept passing law's that infringe on my three God given right's too LIFE LIBERTY AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS.
they have to be held accountable for there traitorous act's

but on a good note that link has poling data and we are ahead 86% to 14%
soo hurrahs for our side!
Old 01-17-2013, 11:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I cannot in good conscience give up my weapons and leave myself and my family defenseless against any who wish to do us harm. What is happening is a shame and we should all stand together and just say Hell No, I will not give up to, or register with, the federal government, any of my weapons. I do have the right to defend myself and the states have the right to nullify these restrictions being sought by the feds.
As for the mental health issue that is something that they will use to restrict more and more people from being able to own firearms. I agree there are people who have no business even handling a firearm, but who draws that line, and do you really want your doctor sending your healthcare information to a central repository to be browsed by the ATF, or whomever else the fed decides has a "need" to know. Once it's there it's use will grow to include more and more agencies for a growing number of reasons.
Just look at Chicago, that is what tighter gun laws against law abiding citizens will get you.
I do agree that they will tax both Ammo and weapons to the point that they are unaffordable so my suggestion is BUY BUY BUY before that happens.
I think you hit a sore spot here
The following users liked this post:
Gorts 5th (01-18-2013)
Old 01-17-2013, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 440roadrunner
THIS

Most of the crap spewed by the Dumbocrats and most especially our New Dictator is completely unconstitutional.

As much as "we'd like" to keep guns out of the hands of people with mental problems, this gets DIRECTLY into patient / doctor confidentiality. Bomba made some comment about "there is nothing in the affordable care act to prevent a doctor FROM ASKING THE PATIENT about one's gun ownership."

And one doctor has already commented that the smarter of the mental patients will simply shut down and not go for treatment. Hey, if ya keep your mouth shut, nobody'll know.

NOW THIS TO ME IMPLIES that if a doctor may ask that, then the U.S. government IS PLANNING to do something with that information.

Somebody in the Brady Bunch camp said something about "limiting ammunition sales"

AMMO CAPACITY. DID I HEAR RIGHT? Did NY already lower ammunition capacity to SEVEN rounds?

So here you are, a legal resident of NY, and you have two armed intruders breaking into your house so you are furiously OPENING YOUR MANDATORY gun safe, then fumbling with the MANDATORY trigger lock, then LOADING the weapon because by now it's illegal to store it loaded, and IF IF IF you get this all done before the bad guys break down the front door,

YOU ONLY HAVE SEVEN ROUNDS

I think a group of citizens should sue over stuff like this, for violation of, perhaps, the pursuit of life and liberty. After all, defending oneself with only 7 rounds against a pair with 10, 15, 30 round magazines is a little lopsided

WHAT HAS NOT been openly discussed:

Pretty obvious to me that ammunition can just be TAXED out of existence just like the govt did with cigarettes. (No, I'm not, never been a smoker)

Can YOU afford 60, 100 bucks a box for your "9", or 357? I'll bet you money that's next.

WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY

This gun control thing has now started a controversy that will be going on long after I'm dead and gone. This country's courts, administration and legislature is going to waste UNTOLD amounts of time and money debating this mess, at a time when this country is in DIRE need of economic miracles.

(Just look at the abortion battle, which has been going on since R v W in the early '70's)
I can't fit seven rounds in my bedside pal Mossberg 500 with a sidekick 6 shell hanger on the side. So even if seven rounds is all you can have it ain't going to stop me. Try OO buck out of a 12 guage.
Attached Thumbnails Any coments on gun control-img_1003.jpg  
Old 01-17-2013, 01:36 PM
Mopar Fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The only thing they are accomplishing with all the talk of new gun control measures is adding another few million guns to the mix. Guns are flying out of the gunshops faster than a Super Bee on nitrous and it's just going to increase the more they talk about it. I think the gun manufacturers are finding these dim wits to do these shootings so that the gov will threaten to take away the guns knowing it will just cause a huge boom for them!

Yeah everyone and their mother is packing a gun, I'd like to think there's hope for this world but this is it, it's done. We've screwed any chance for civilization ever getting civilized. Get ready for Mad Max!!!
deadkelly (05-30-2013)
Old 01-17-2013, 06:12 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
seven rounds and only 2 people no problem still gives me 4 or 5 rounds left. 1 shot 1 kill. and his executive order means nothing. the president can't make laws. the is the job of the legislative branch not the executive branch.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:46 PM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by mikerp76
seven rounds and only 2 people no problem still gives me 4 or 5 rounds left. 1 shot 1 kill. and his executive order means nothing. the president can't make laws. the is the job of the legislative branch not the executive branch.
Easy enough to brag about on the target range or the www, not so easy in a real life situation with the dance goin' on.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:50 PM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by homebrood
everyone and their mother is packing a gun, I'd like to think there's hope for this world but this is it, it's done. We've screwed any chance for civilization ever getting civilized. Get ready for Mad Max!!!
Disagree. In many many states, after 911, gun permits got easier to obtain. In the vast majority of those places, gun deaths did not increase. In some cases they went down.

The thing about stuff like these school deaths, or the theater shooting, guns are illegal in schools, meaning I cannot legally defend myself, and many theaters ban guns. The one here in my town does. I never go there.

So MAYBE if it had been legal to pack in the theater shooting case, somebody might have been able to stop or slow down the shooter.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:10 AM
Mopar Lover

Smile

the risk of some one going on a rampage is always a present danger.
the person doesn't need a gun to kill many people!
True story... my brother was attacked in a parking lot and the story ended with the attacker driving off and my brother on the ground and his firearm in the truck!
We have both been trained to live a life of Bushido and it did save him from more harm. And by no mean's am i saying we are a bunch of bad azzes we are like mister Miyagi in the karate kid.
This all happened in a doctor's office parking lot and my brother being sick was caught off guard... not thinking he could have just flashed the gun in the perpetrators face and he would have hauled azz out of there.

With that being said that's not the event i'm most fear full of.
If we let this or any government take away our gun's there will be nothing to stop them from taking away our children for a totalitarian take over this is the most crucial reason for having as many military type weapons and ammo to defend our freedom and our life!
As long as we are armed they will not be able to do as they please
The japanese emperor during ww 2 feared invading the united states he was quoted saying that there would be a gun behind every blade of grass!
and this and any other government need's to fear that fact.. over 350 million guns that's enough to arm every citizen!
Switzerland is a fine example...
And i would hope that the Veterans would stand up and lead us too victory in this scenario. All men must be free!
Many states are ready to succeed from the union and they are letting there state agencies know not too enforce any federal law on this issue. The fed will have to lay their cards on the table soon.
So it may turn out to be civil war and don't think for an instant that they wont bring in united nations troop's to take the last of our freedoms!
Our constitution is the only document that set's us apart from all other nations!
We at least need to share with our children and neighbors Why we have the right To Life Liberty And Happiness And our right to Do every thing possible to defend it for all men!
Old 01-18-2013, 03:06 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Criminals do not follow laws. In NC we have a law that says if your a convicted felon you can not posses a fire arm. I can't even begin to recall all the times I have charged somebody with with that crime after finding a gun on them. Most of the times the guns they carry are so cheep its amazing it even shoots, and that's if its not stolen. But guns are not the only weapon criminals use. Knives are popular. I once walked in on a rape in progress. Cant go into too many details but the guy had a knife to the girl. We could have shot him right then and there. He did as we told him because he knew what time it was, ie one wrong move and he catches a .45. I was later told that the number of times that a cop has walked into a rape in progress is so rare, my was the second time in like 20 years. It takes me about 3 to 5 mins to get to a call, running lights and siren flying like a bat out of hell. Add that to the time it takes for some one to call 911 and tell them whats going on, the call to be dispatched.

People need to be able to protect them selves. Guns just put everybody on an equal playing field. She could have shot that guy when he kicked in the door to her house.
Gorts 5th (01-18-2013)
Old 01-18-2013, 03:16 PM
Mopar Lover

Smile

We can appreciate the tough job you have, and all the bad element you have to deal with.
My respect's.
Buffalojoe426 (01-20-2013)
Old 01-18-2013, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

My CHL finally showed up in the mail today. I be packing my Walther PPS 40 this weekend. Might even go to the movies.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:26 PM
Mopar Lover

My CHL finally showed up in the mail today. I be packing my Walther PPS 40 this weekend. Might even go to the movies.
Well make sure it's legal. The one in this town that prohibits weapons is Regal.

They were "certain" to point that out to us at our class. "It's an arrestable offense."

These places are required to prominently display a sign in an "obvious" area (in this state) if they are a business which prohibits weapons. Not all of 'em do. I'm not too sure what the defense is in that case, if you happen to get caught 'packin.' I usuallly don't advertise, in fact I'd as soon get the drop on someone.

By the way, how much have you fired your PPS, and how do you like it? I like round guns. I used to carry a cheap old Charter 38 stubbie, but recently bought a Ruger KLCR in .357. I usually carry +P in it, with some "spares" 357. It hurts my arthritic body to shoot it, but I can still hit with it.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:31 PM
Mopar Fan

There will be people on both sides of this, and we will agree to disagree.
So, my opinion, unless otherwise changed, would be, why do you need a semi-automatic riffle or machine-gun to defend yourself? Here in Australia as you all probably know these are banned, why can't you defend yourself with lets say a desert eagle? Skill in hunting as i believe is patience and marksmanship, not not wasting $100 buck in ammo in 10 seconds , sure it must be fun to let off that many rounds, but as the argument goes "in the wrong hands" it becomes lethal and destructive. I don't think they want to disarm everyone like they did here, but just reduce the risk of this sought thing happening.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

Well make sure it's legal. The one in this town that prohibits weapons is Regal.

They were "certain" to point that out to us at our class. "It's an arrestable offense."

These places are required to prominently display a sign in an "obvious" area (in this state) if they are a business which prohibits weapons. Not all of 'em do. I'm not too sure what the defense is in that case, if you happen to get caught 'packin.' I usuallly don't advertise, in fact I'd as soon get the drop on someone.

By the way, how much have you fired your PPS, and how do you like it? I like round guns. I used to carry a cheap old Charter 38 stubbie, but recently bought a Ruger KLCR in .357. I usually carry +P in it, with some "spares" 357. It hurts my arthritic body to shoot it, but I can still hit with it.
Here in Texas they will have to post the 30.06 sign at all entrances. If they have it they will loose my and my wife's business. We will do the same for all places we go. The PPS 40 will start to rock your hands after 150 rounds but when you need to use it who cares. My wife will be shooting her PPS 9mm tomorrow and I will let you know how that works.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:33 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
Easy enough to brag about on the target range or the www, not so easy in a real life situation with the dance goin' on.
i'm a second award expert in the marines. i can keep my cool when the time comes. most panic and just freeze up. paper or person makes no difference to me as i already made up my mind you kick in my door or mess threaten my family you die plain and simple. if you second guess your self then you are already at the mercy of the bad guys.
deadkelly (05-30-2013)
Old 01-19-2013, 04:48 AM
Mopar Fan

Originally Posted by mikerp76
i'm a second award expert in the marines. i can keep my cool when the time comes. most panic and just freeze up. paper or person makes no difference to me as i already made up my mind you kick in my door or mess threaten my family you die plain and simple. if you second guess your self then you are already at the mercy of the bad guys.
I could'nt agree more
Old 01-19-2013, 06:51 AM
Mopar Lover

Exclamation

Originally Posted by orangesteve
There will be people on both sides of this, and we will agree to disagree.
So, my opinion, unless otherwise changed, would be, why do you need a semi-automatic riffle or machine-gun to defend yourself? Here in Australia as you all probably know these are banned, why can't you defend yourself with lets say a desert eagle? Skill in hunting as i believe is patience and marksmanship, not not wasting $100 buck in ammo in 10 seconds , sure it must be fun to let off that many rounds, but as the argument goes "in the wrong hands" it becomes lethal and destructive. I don't think they want to disarm everyone like they did here, but just reduce the risk of this sought thing happening.
If we let this or any government take away our gun's there will be nothing to stop them from taking away our children for a totalitarian take over this is the most crucial reason for having as many military type weapons and ammo to defend our freedom and our life!
As long as we are armed they will not be able to do as they please
The japanese emperor during ww 2 feared invading the united states he was quoted saying that there would be a gun behind every blade of grass!
and this and any other government need's to fear that fact.. over 350 million guns that's enough to arm every citizen!
Switzerland is a fine example...
And i would hope that the Veterans would stand up and lead us too victory in this scenario. All men must be free!
Old 01-19-2013, 06:27 PM
Mopar Fan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any coments on gun control

X2
Old 01-21-2013, 12:27 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 118 Likes on 116 Posts
Clint Eastwood on gun control:

"If there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."
Old 01-24-2013, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

The president on gun control

Pin the tail on the Donkey.
Attached Thumbnails Any coments on gun control-liberalswithguns.jpg  
Old 01-27-2013, 11:53 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts
Gun control os hitting what you aim at , no other control needed !!

In canaduh it does nothing to keep guns away from criminals .
Old 01-28-2013, 05:24 AM
Mopar Lover

Angry

THE ONLY THING GUN CONFISCATION DOES IS LET DICTATORSHIPS TO TAKE OVER THE COUNTRY AND IN-SLAVE US WITH LITTLE TO NO RESISTANCE!
THE 2ND AMENDMENT IS THERE FOR THE PEOPLE TO PROTECT THE STATES AND CIVILIANS FROM A TYRANNICAL OF CONTROL GOVERNMENT!
I WAS TALKING WITH A FRIEND THE OTHER NIGHT AND HE SAID WHY HAVE GUNS IF THE GOVERNMENT WANT'S TO THEY CAN TAKE US OUT!
FOR INSTANCE....
DROP A NUKE ON US OR CHEMICAL WEAPONS OR JUST BRING IN A FOREIGN ARMY TO ROUND UP AND KILL ALL RESISTORS TO THERE NEW FORM OF DICTATORSHIP! THERE ARE OVER 300 MILLION WEAPONS IN AMERICA MAKES IT HARD FOR A GOVERNMENT TO JUST TAKE OVER AND IMPOSE UPON US A NORTH KOREAN STYLE GOVERNMENT!
AND FROM THE POLES I HAVE SEEN I KNOW THEY WILL HAVE TO DO SOMETHING TERRIBLE TO THE COUNTRY TO ENFORCE MARSHAL LAW LIKE BANKRUPTING THE COUNTRY! OR THEY WILL HAVE TO DROP A BOMB ON US AND BLAME IT ON A FOREIGN COUNTRY "FALSE FLAG" BUT THE PEOPLE ARE NOT FOOLED THE PEOPLE KNOW WHERE THE TYRANNY IS!
SO IF THE EVIL GOVERNMENT WANTS THE WEAPONS IT WILL HAVE TO FIGHT FOR EVERY BLADE OF GRASS AND THERE ARE NOT MANY FED'S TO RESIST A 100 MIL + MAN ARMY
THE FED'S ARE FEW WE ARE MANY THE GANG OF 535 HAS TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THERE SELLING OUT OF THE COUNTRY! ALL OF THEM HAVE VOTED! THAT'S THE EVIDENCE AGAINST THEM TRAITORS TO HUMANITY NOTHING LOWER THAN A
TRAITOR TOO THERE OWN KIND!
ONLY AN EVIL PERSON WOULD TRY TO TAKE AWAY YOUR RIGHT TO DEFEND YOURSELF! YOUR FAMILY! YOUR COUNTRY!
en Lighten ones.... WHAT A JOKE OF COARSE THOSE TYPES ARE CONTRARIES! [there religion].
Old 01-28-2013, 01:13 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 386 Likes on 381 Posts
There was one time I wish I had my Glock . When a few gang bangers approached my van. But I live in Ca no carrying even in the vehicle. Fortunately I had just put the key in the ign. Did a full throttle drop into drive and they scattered like the roaches they are
Old 05-29-2013, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok heres how it works in the great white north.If you want to buy say a riflr for hunting,first you go take a 2 day firearms safety course,write an exam(pretty basic stuff)do a short practical exam(what type of bullet is this,how do you PROVE you weapon,etc.You get your diploma and paperwork.You then apply to the govt for a PAL,possesion acquisition licence.At which time the rcmp will do a security check on you,possibly call your references,if you are married there is a section for your wife to fill out and agree that you can possess guns.Then intwo to 8 weeks you will get your PAL card in the mail.You can now go buy a hunting rifle,shotgun,semi auto,limited to 5 round magazine.That is for what they call none restricted guns.If you want a hand gun,tactical rifle,then you have to get restricted weapons licence and that's another course and security check.What are they checking for,criminal records,mental health issues,etc.If you have nothing to hide then generally no issues.Now you want to go hunting,ok now you have to but a WIN card(25.00)that allows you to get anything from a fishing licence to a deer licence.If you are a first time hunter you will have to take a hunter training course.Usually a couple weekends,learning basic survival skills,animal recognition,map reading,etcbasic stuff.Now when you travel with your gun it must be in a case,unloaded,trigger lock in place,ammo locked in a separate box or case.At home it must be stored in a locked gun cabinet,doesn't have to be trigger locked,but unloaded,again with you ammo,mags in a separate locked ammo box.If you are actively hunting you can have the gun loaded,unlocked,unchambered.A concealed or carry permit is almost impossible to get unless you have special circumstances.We have no need to carry guns around on our hips,different culture I guess.I am always shocked when I go to a gun shop in the us and guns are out on tables for you to pick up.Not here everything behind a counter,in locked cases for hand guns.You don't even get to touch one until you produce your PAL licence.Unril about six months ago we also had a long gun registry,which meant when you bought a rifle it was entered into a database that the police could access at anytime if they has issues/questions with you.It has now been scrapped so a little less paperwork.No all of this doesn't keep the guns from the criminals or crazies.If you want one bad enough your going to get it somehow.It does but some checks in place for general idiots who should not possess guns.Oh and if your wifey says no,you don:t get your PAL so gotta be on good terms.I wwon't go into applying for a hunting licence or draw,thats a whole nother ball of wax.

Quick Reply: Any coments on gun control