Anyone familliar with XV Motorsports?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 09:11 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone familliar with XV Motorsports?

XV Motorsports has been featured in nearly every major magazine at this point, they would appear to be a large reputable company. UNFORTUNATELY THEY ARE NOT.

Over two months ago I orgered a set of late model HEMI heads from them, and sent my heads in as cores. XV MOTORSPORTS took my money (couple thousand dollars) and my stock heads.

I was told originally this would be a couple weeks and I would have my new cam and heads shipped back to me. after three weeks I started calling and asking when I could expect my heads. I was repeatedly promised very soon. Deadline after deadline was promised and missed. Unfortunately everyone I speak to has given me differing stories as to what the problem has been and when I should expect this finished. I am not local enough to this supplier to stop in and check progress or pick up my old heads.

After I was told I could have my original heads retuned to me and my money refunded, I was told that it was too late because they have already done the CNC work and they just needed assembly. That was before Thanksgiving.

If anyone knows someone at XV please let me know what is going on. I have a car just waiting for them to send me these final parts.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:00 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
Thats whats wrong you spelled ordered WRONG hahahahahahahaha got ya back ...... but any way i always thought they were a good place to order from but guess you just confirmed it that they are not
Old 12-16-2008, 05:45 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
sorry to hear that
thanks for telling us
i guess ill never order from them
Old 01-02-2009, 01:06 PM
Mopar Lover

did you get your heads back yet?
Old 01-02-2009, 03:19 PM
Admin

Received 200 Likes on 195 Posts
That is why I hate dealing with people that are too far away from me to travel and bug. I'd rather deal with a local company, less headaches..... sometimes.

I really do hope that you get your heads and cam back very soon.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:35 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down man that sux

you guys think your along way well that's thats a company to cross off the list , is there a way we could do a online partition and refuse our custom ??????????
Old 01-03-2009, 03:59 AM
Mopar Lover

Update:

I was told that they will be returning my heads to me and refunding my money. That was the begining of this week. I still don't have them yet so I will keep you posted.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:03 PM
Mopar Lover

Holy crap c4c you mean to tell me you are just now finding out that they are sending you your own heads back !!!!!!!! boy i have to say it but what A-HOLES I for one am glade you told us about them so i never will have to deal with that and so sorry that they did this to you as i no you want that car to drive down a hill and not be pushed
Old 01-19-2009, 02:44 PM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by Crazy4Carz.Com
Update:

I was told that they will be returning my heads to me and refunding my money. That was the begining of this week. I still don't have them yet so I will keep you posted.
any word?
Old 01-19-2009, 02:48 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bastards

Some people just need an *** kickin ! Good luck man, I hope all is resolved, the sad reality these days is customer service has gone for a **** at most places.

ps: Tell me you don't have 2 hoists in your garage ?

Last edited by Polaradude; 01-19-2009 at 02:49 PM. Reason: added a question
Old 01-19-2009, 02:55 PM
Mopar Lover

We are almost finished with XV. After waiting for several months, I have my heads returned to me. Undone. Now I get to wait for my local guy to do the work. (promised a couple weeks) I did get my money refunded to my credit card for the work they were supposed to do. I am now waiting for my rocker arms and shafts for the heads to be returned to me.

As a "consolation prize" they sent me a billett water neck to make up for the delay.

I just hope the cam works out to be OK.

The local machine shop is the same guys that built my last HEMI for the 'Cuda. They are also the guys that did all the work on the engine we took on ONE LAP OF AMERICA. That engine got a good 30,000 miles of *** whoopin' and all we did was change oil and plugs. We took a best of 3'rd in class and about the middle of the field over all.

I guess XV is OK to do business with just make sure they have what you want at the time. Don't accept promises or special orders.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:00 PM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by Polaradude
Some people just need an *** kickin ! Good luck man, I hope all is resolved, the sad reality these days is customer service has gone for a **** at most places.

ps: Tell me you don't have 2 hoists in your garage ?
Lifts? yes there are two. I am lucky enough to have "Gregg Smith equipment" right here local so there is no freight. I have from them 2 lifts, engine hoist, 2 engine stands, Transmission jack, Hose reels, work tables, work carts, underlift stands, More..

They are GREAT people to deal with. here is a link to their site: http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/ If you contact them please say that Crazy4Carz.Com sent you, I would appreciate it and they would like to know also.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:34 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mind if I move into your garage...lol. Iam glad things sort of worked out for ya bro, I hope you get all your stuff back. Keep us posted.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:43 AM
Admin

Originally Posted by Crazy4Carz.Com
As a "consolation prize" they sent me a billett water neck to make up for the delay.

Thats not a "consulation prize". Thats a "Here is a nice little reach around for ya while you take it from behind". I'd be r!p **** about the whole thing after the first month and I would make sure that they knew it.

I just don't understand why you let them do the work if you have a guy that has done good work for you before that is just down the street. I guess you'll be going there from now on huh?
Old 01-20-2009, 04:15 AM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by 78D200
I just don't understand why you let them do the work if you have a guy that has done good work for you before that is just down the street. I guess you'll be going there from now on huh?
Building a motor, the heads and the cam are very important to match one another. The lift, duration, overlap... all needs to match the heads. No spring bind, spring rates, float...After seing all XV's ads in almost every magazine and knowing they sell turn key cars, I figured they knew the late model hemi very well and they have propritary cam specs so I let them do the heads since that is where my cam was comming from.

Listen to what other people in the car hobby say and get references not just rely on what you read in magazine ads.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:24 AM
Admin

Makes sence. It's too bad that they couldn't do it for you.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:20 PM
Mopar Lover

not that i will kill there bussiness but i for one will never do bussiness with them after what you went threw and even tho there is an add in a mag i always try and check them out as any mag will take there money to help them out, dont no how much the mags really check into who they put into them but at Street Thunder where i am a member it seems they will put any one in there mag for the right price