Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Confession....

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 05:12 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Confession....

I really llike this forum, so I feel a need to confess a few sins so I can really enjoy being here.

Back when I was in high school, I was guilty of calling Mopar's "Mopiles". I drove a Ford Mustang back then, but I really wanted a Corvette. I saw a 63 Vette back in 1963 when I was 6 years old and I thought was the most beauitiful car in the world. I finally got my Vette when I was 21 and have had them off and on until last year.

All along I knew about Mopars, but they and the people who owned them were kind of scary to me. In the year of our Lord 2006, I bought my first Mopar which was the 1967 Plymouth Belvedere II (nice choice I would say). Since then I have been working on making a GTX clone for myself (I bought the car for my wife and she did not want it), and I have met a lot of nice people along the way. I have come to appreciate all things Mopar, and the cars and people no longer scare me.

In short, I am over my prejudices of the past. I may not be a complete "Mopar or no car" convert, but I now have a solid appreciation for Mopar owners and their cars.

Thank you for this forum.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:39 PM
Mopar Fanatic

i also am a mopar convert. I used to be die hard chevy fan. Then in 2006 was when I started really noticing dodge. The new charger got me interested and then the magnum was sweet. Then I saw how chevy killed the impala, silverado, and any other car they have. Then I looked at all the new dodge models and loved them all, even the new caravan. The only chevy that looks alright is the new camaro. But the Chally is still waaay better. MOPAR!!
Old 08-19-2009, 05:55 PM
Hell kitten

I'm scary. Heh.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:20 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Morrigan_Aria
I'm scary. Heh.
I don't get it?
Old 08-19-2009, 08:56 PM
Mopar Lover

i confess when i was in my single digits i loved ford trucks, then idk what happened but i know i love my mopar now and thats all that counts now =),)
Old 08-19-2009, 09:21 PM
Mopar Lover

Location: Michigan: The First Line of Defense From The Canadians!
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Oh thank god, thats all!!! When you said "confession" I thought you were going to "come out" to us.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:41 PM
Mopar Lover

Nah! Nothing like that scotts......I like the girls, always have. I can't help it.....I was born this way! Maybe I am a lesbian trapped in a mans body?

I used to be anti-gay when I was a young guy, but as I age and gain some wisdom, now I say "live and let live".

I just wanted everyone to know I said "Mopiles" in the past, and I am sorry for that. Again, as I age, I now see that there is room in the world for people with all sorts of opinions.

Wow, I kind of waxed philospophical there. I'll try not to do that again!
Old 08-19-2009, 09:44 PM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by scotts74birds
Oh thank god, thats all!!! When you said "confession" I thought you were going to "come out" to us.
ROFL ha this also made my day !
Old 08-20-2009, 03:46 AM
Admin

Received 200 Likes on 195 Posts
I'm scary. Heh.
We are all a little scary. some more so than others.

I've always been one for the underdog and in this area Mopars sure are the underdog.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:02 PM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by 67gtxclone
Nah! Nothing like that scotts......I like the girls, always have. I can't help it.....I was born this way! Maybe I am a lesbian trapped in a mans body?

I used to be anti-gay when I was a young guy, but as I age and gain some wisdom, now I say "live and let live".

I just wanted everyone to know I said "Mopiles" in the past, and I am sorry for that. Again, as I age, I now see that there is room in the world for people with all sorts of opinions.

Wow, I kind of waxed philospophical there. I'll try not to do that again!

its all water under the bridge
Old 08-20-2009, 05:55 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm scary. Heh.
Ok Morrigan, yes you are scary, but in a good kind of way. {yeah baby}

Please continue to scare Ford dudes, us mopar people have an image to uphold you know.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:58 PM
Mopar Lover

lol
Old 08-22-2009, 05:36 AM
Administrator with a large ban hammer !

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
I like scary...
Old 08-22-2009, 08:32 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
as one being a MoPaR fan since 1962 and never wanted to really own one of the other brands i was not able to go from the rest to the best but as a new comer like yourself you had the oppertunity to share the differance between them so how do u rate the MoPaR World today as you no it

Glade to have you as a MoPaR guy now go out there and start converting the rest of the world LOL
Old 08-23-2009, 08:33 AM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by challenger
as one being a MoPaR fan since 1962 and never wanted to really own one of the other brands i was not able to go from the rest to the best but as a new comer like yourself you had the oppertunity to share the differance between them so how do u rate the MoPaR World today as you no it

Glade to have you as a MoPaR guy now go out there and start converting the rest of the world LOL
To be honest with you, I have found that there are cars of every brand that I can appreciate. From the Corvette to the Mustang to the Challenger. they all have attributes that are awesome. The real key for me was to free myself from being tied to one particular brand and admit to my friends and myself that I liked some Mopars, Fords and others. I guess we all want to be part of a group, so we choose a brand, and we tend to stick with it and defend it. There is nothing wrong with that, it is human nature.

I will say this...the Mopar folks are some of the most passionate supporters and defenders of their brand. I can also say that they are also some of the friendliest and most willing to accept people from other camps that show a real interest in their brand. Since I joined this forum just a few weeks back, I have had nothing but helpful and friendly responses to my posts, and quite a few humorous responses as well. I have not had even one negative response even though I was clear about being a Chevy guy most of my life. Now I am not really a Chevy, Ford or Mopar guy. I am just a car guy who is working hard to build a bad *** 67 B-body GTX clone, and I think even the most ardent "Mopar or no car" person can appreciate that. The Mopar world gets a "A" in my book.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:43 PM
Hell kitten

Originally Posted by theomahamoparguy
Ok Morrigan, yes you are scary, but in a good kind of way. {yeah baby}

Please continue to scare Ford dudes, us mopar people have an image to uphold you know.

Indeed! I'll do my best to make ya'll proud lol. I scare the Ford guy I'm seeing...if he doesn't figure it out soon, I'll just leave him at the tree.