crazy sh!T

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 01:11 AM
A.K.A Bob Dodge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crazy ****

what are some crazy things you have done, or seen first hand?

1st: my 1st 66 sport fury leaked and burned oil bad! one morning late for work of course i was driving down the hwy when my car started slowing down. i looked down the oil light was on. i couldnt hear the engine music, engine noise, wind noise, i pulled over at a gas station, let it cool for a few and checked the dipstick. no oil....no money, now what.. free water! i filled the tired worn out 318 to the top of the valve covers with water started it up and made it the 17 miles to work. my boss asked why i was late. i told him the truth. he didnt beleive. me after work he asked me to show him. i pulled the plug.(in a drain pan of course) water and oil came out. he bought me a case of oil!
( i know theres gonna be alot of you saying dude thers no way) but i did it and i was there and no i wasnt high!

2: a guy i knew he painted his car with barn paint and gas as thinner..thats not the clinch though.. i was talking to him one afternoon when he ask me to go into his shop to check out what he was working on. on the bench he pointed to a cam. looked like it went thru a fire and thrown from a plane. he said "i ground it my self" (on a bench grinder).. i looked at him. he said what do u think? i didnt reply. "im gonna take it and get it hardend, i think it will wake my 383 up" ...(what would you say to someone like that)?

i have many more..ill post later

Last edited by 1966sportfury; 03-19-2010 at 01:25 AM.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:29 AM
Admin

Received 200 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by 1966sportfury
he said "i ground it my self" (on a bench grinder).. i looked at him. he said what do u think? i didnt reply. "im gonna take it and get it hardend, i think it will wake my 383 up" ...(what would you say to someone like that)?

"Let me know how it turns out."
Old 03-19-2010, 03:32 AM
Admin

Received 200 Likes on 195 Posts

No it is not mine, I found this on a Samurai on E-bay. I would like to think you guys and gals wouldn't think I'm this stupid when it comes to fabricating things.

Can anyone pick out all (or even some) of the "flaws"?
Old 03-19-2010, 04:15 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 1966sportfury
what are some crazy things you have done, or seen first hand?

1st: my 1st 66 sport fury leaked and burned oil bad! one morning late for work of course i was driving down the hwy when my car started slowing down. i looked down the oil light was on. i couldnt hear the engine music, engine noise, wind noise, i pulled over at a gas station, let it cool for a few and checked the dipstick. no oil....no money, now what.. free water! i filled the tired worn out 318 to the top of the valve covers with water started it up and made it the 17 miles to work. my boss asked why i was late. i told him the truth. he didnt beleive. me after work he asked me to show him. i pulled the plug.(in a drain pan of course) water and oil came out. he bought me a case of oil!
( i know theres gonna be alot of you saying dude thers no way) but i did it and i was there and no i wasnt high!
do you know what caused it to lose oil?
i really do not believe that story
if it is true, you probably at least damaged the bores of the engine
Old 03-19-2010, 11:48 PM
A.K.A Bob Dodge

it was just old and tired. worn valve guides weak rings. and old seals.. not alot of ppl believe that story except the 3 ppl that were there when i drained the water. and the freinds that know me. the engine didnt last much longer after that. but that was okay. if someone told me that story i wouldnt beleive it either. when i pulled the engine ther was copper on all the bearings. .i was 20 when that happend. i dont even remember what i did with the block for sure. its probly stored with the 440s and 383s i got in the leanto

Last edited by 1966sportfury; 03-20-2010 at 01:06 AM.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:52 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I painted my chally hood under a little canopy with plastic wrapped all the way around it and on the ground, at 2 AM in the morning when it was about 35 degrees, thats not all... lol it went actually pretty good, I was finishing up with the base coat and flipped up on the opposite side ( I had the hood standing up vertically) to get the edge that was on the ground. Did that, the base coat went perfectly all the way through aside from a couple of dust specks. Then came time for clear coat I put one coat and let it set for about 10 minutes before I sprayed the next one. But I had a problem the way I flipped the hood, in the limited space i had made it real difficult to thoroughly get all of it so I told my dad to come help me flip it back over so i can get the clear coat on a bit more evenly..( keep in mind the clear coat is not dry at this point just really sticky but we could get ahold of it to where we wouldnt touch where I had sprayed it).... We had the hood propped up on a couple of would blocks, the ground was wet and nasty under the plastic we put down. As we were turning the hood around, my dad got into a complicated situation and gently sat the hood on the plastic/ground with out thinking to adjust himself and get a better grip on it. as soon as he did so the corner of the hood went straight through the plastic and about 4 inches into the friggin mud!!! I was so mad, we pulled it out and sure enough the mud became part of the clear coat. But I wasnt done yet, I got a heat lamp dried it out the best I could and sanded it all the way back to the primer and reshot it with base coat and continued with clear coat. With the terrible conditions we had, the hood looks like it was painted in a professional body shop. You cant tell anything ever went wrong with that corner we dipped in the mud lol. Also I actually came up really short on activator for the clear coat! So as cold as it was we figured it was going to be terrible but it turned out really good and that was the first time I have ever done any auto paint, we wet sanded it the next morning and buffed it out. Also I didnt paint it in those conditions just to be stupid, our weatherman is a friggin dip ****, it was supposed to be 72 degree for the high during the day and 54 was supposed to be the low that night...and it WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO RAIN, it started raining as we were almost done with clear coat, and it didnt just rain it was a damn thunder storm with some tough wind (but we had the canopy blocked by the house we got lucky!). So it was supposed to be a pretty favorable night, NOT! And the reason it was at 2 in the morning, we started getting it ready during the day and it took alot longer than we had expected, the primer we used apparently needed 6 to 8 hours before you could sand it. We waited 4 hours. It sanded fine. The craziest thing about this whole experience was that the hood actually turned out really good after all the bad luck we had.

Last edited by rcknrolfender79; 03-20-2010 at 01:05 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:09 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by rcknrolfender79
I painted my chally hood under a little canopy with plastic wrapped all the way around it and on the ground, at 2 AM in the morning when it was about 35 degrees, thats not all... lol it went actually pretty good, I was finishing up with the base coat and flipped up on the opposite side ( I had the hood standing up vertically) to get the edge that was on the ground. Did that, the base coat went perfectly all the way through aside from a couple of dust specks. Then came time for clear coat I put one coat and let it set for about 10 minutes before I sprayed the next one. But I had a problem the way I flipped the hood, in the limited space i had made it real difficult to thoroughly get all of it so I told my dad to come help me flip it back over so i can get the clear coat on a bit more evenly..( keep in mind the clear coat is not dry at this point just really sticky but we could get ahold of it to where we wouldnt touch where I had sprayed it).... We had the hood propped up on a couple of would blocks, the ground was wet and nasty under the plastic we put down. As we were turning the hood around, my dad got into a complicated situation and gently sat the hood on the plastic/ground with out thinking to adjust himself and get a better grip on it. as soon as he did so the corner of the hood went straight through the plastic and about 4 inches into the friggin mud!!! I was so mad, we pulled it out and sure enough the mud became part of the clear coat. But I wasnt done yet, I got a heat lamp dried it out the best I could and sanded it all the way back to the primer and reshot it with base coat and continued with clear coat. With the terrible conditions we had, the hood looks like it was painted in a professional body shop. You cant tell anything ever went wrong with that corner we dipped in the mud lol. Also I actually came up really short on activator for the clear coat! So as cold as it was we figured it was going to be terrible but it turned out really good and that was the first time I have ever done any auto paint, we wet sanded it the next morning and buffed it out. Also I didnt paint it in those conditions just to be stupid, our weatherman is a friggin dip ****, it was supposed to be 72 degree for the high during the day and 54 was supposed to be the low that night...and it WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO RAIN, it started raining as we were almost done with clear coat, and it didnt just rain it was a damn thunder storm with some tough wind (but we had the canopy blocked by the house we got lucky!). So it was supposed to be a pretty favorable night, NOT! And the reason it was at 2 in the morning, we started getting it ready during the day and it took alot longer than we had expected, the primer we used apparently needed 6 to 8 hours before you could sand it. We waited 4 hours. It sanded fine. The craziest thing about this whole experience was that the hood actually turned out really good after all the bad luck we had.
got any pics?
Old 03-21-2010, 07:52 PM
Mopar Fanatic

had to take my fury from my ex's back to my house and had no trailer so i fired her up.... the vaccum advance was shot so she stalled out alot and only got up to about 30... as i came to the last corner i had to cross a major high way and my freind was fallowing me with his hazzards... well i made it through the lane and hit the hill and stalled while my freind was in the middle of the lane with my car blocking any progess... he saw an 18 wheeler that was not showing signs of stopping so he punched his lil corolla to the floor and hit the ditch so he wouldnt get hit
Old 03-21-2010, 07:52 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Originally Posted by 78D200

No it is not mine, I found this on a Samurai on E-bay. I would like to think you guys and gals wouldn't think I'm this stupid when it comes to fabricating things.

im not sure... point them out for me lol
Old 03-23-2010, 01:00 AM
Mopar Lover

Not at the moment, but I will get some in the morning if the weather is good enough to uncover her.... by the way it just snowed again! All day yesterday and the night before! WTF??? I was wearing shorts and a short sleeve shirt at the zoo sweatin my a$$ off the day before that! Oklahoma has some messed up weather! If it would have stuck good we would have gotten around 11 to 12 inches! Now thats some Crazy **** lol. right in the middle of spring and almost april! Seriously I went to the zoo the day before it snowed and wore shorts and a short sleeve shirt was burning up and got a sun burn it got up to about 80! Next day it snows and is below freezing! I swear this state is going to throw me into shock with all of the sudden temperature changes. Its just not healthy. I know some old people with arthritis are going crazy right about now lol.
Originally Posted by 67 GTX
got any pics?

Last edited by rcknrolfender79; 03-23-2010 at 01:03 AM.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:46 AM
Little Demon

Originally Posted by 78D200

I gtg to class in 2 mins but from a quick glance those driveshaft angles looks ridiculous, not sure what that orange bar is but if it is for the steering I'd say its pretty sketchy at best. I gtg, let me know how I did, lol
Old 03-23-2010, 04:58 PM
A.K.A Bob Dodge

all the lift blocks stacked upon each other isnt that great
brake lines are just hanging in there. if you are refering to the panhard rod i dont understand the the 90 deg, angles..but dont see how its are atached. dont leave us hanging! what did we miss?

Last edited by 1966sportfury; 03-23-2010 at 11:13 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:27 PM
A.K.A Bob Dodge

I had a friend in high school that said he read in a hot rod mag that on a V8 the 1st two cylinders were your torque. the 2cnd set was hp. the third set was economy. the 4th set were for cruising speeds...i asked him if it was an april edition...and btw april is coming!!! hehehe....so on a V6 there is no tourque cylinders!
Old 03-29-2010, 12:19 AM
Mopar Lover

Old 03-29-2010, 12:21 AM
Mopar Lover

Well I tried to post a picture of my car since I put the ralley hood on it but I couldnt figure it out so you guys will just have to go check out my albums.. I'm adding a few more pics of my car also.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:41 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking hang on a minute my whole lifes been crazy

my 1st centura .
i broke a trottle cable one night out in the middle of no where . so i jumped under the hood & operated the carb while my mate drove home .

same car doing jumps @ 190 klm's . or even just the way we drove that thing & thought it was normal .

holding phone books against our chests while our mates would shoot'em with 22's .

i deleated a few things . i could write a book about it hahaha