General Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 12:25 PM
Mopar Lover

Location: Michigan: The First Line of Defense From The Canadians!
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Dont want to talk down to you, but, are you sure its not a vacuum secondary? I dont want to be Captain Obvious but, do you know the difference between a vacuum and mechanical secondary carb?
Old 05-08-2009, 05:59 PM
thinkin with me dipstick

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the 390 holley is a vacuum secondary - i had one for a little while, the loss of secondaries was why i switched it out...
Old 05-08-2009, 06:37 PM
Mopar Lover

Location: Michigan: The First Line of Defense From The Canadians!
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Ok Warlock , Im going to help you here. What you need to do is to find if the vacuum secondary is working. There is a Round thingy on the rear two barrels with a vacuum line going to it. You need to connect a mighty vac or other device to it and apply a vacuum to see if this still functions. If you dont have this tool, I recommend attaching a longer hose and have a girlfriend, or any single woman inhale on the tube and see if the secondaries open. DO NOT ask a wife or any other married woman to do this due to the fact, that for some reason, married women are no longer able to generate significant vacuum. Good luck!
Old 05-09-2009, 02:22 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scotts74birds
Ok Warlock , Im going to help you here. What you need to do is to find if the vacuum secondary is working. There is a Round thingy on the rear two barrels with a vacuum line going to it. You need to connect a mighty vac or other device to it and apply a vacuum to see if this still functions. If you dont have this tool, I recommend attaching a longer hose and have a girlfriend, or any single woman inhale on the tube and see if the secondaries open. DO NOT ask a wife or any other married woman to do this due to the fact, that for some reason, married women are no longer able to generate significant vacuum. Good luck!
Now thats funny...lmao