"MoPar or No Car" makes me a car bigot!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 06:08 PM
Mopar Fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"MoPar or No Car" makes me a car bigot!

I recently posted a response to a thread title "Mustang" in which I went on about my personal history with cars and why I'm now Mopar Only. A fellow forum viewer stated he's not a "car bigot" because he likes all kinds of vehicles. Good for you. I realize many of the folks here have more than Mopars and that's fine. But the title of this sight is MOPAR FORUMS. At first I was taken back because bigot has such a nasty connotation in our society. But after thinking about it, he's right! And I believe many people in the Mopar community are too.

I was watching 2 Guys Garage and they stated that Mopar guys are mostly into Mopars only, so it's not just me, it's nationally recognized fact. In fact where I work most of the guys are into Chebbys. I'd say 75% drive only Chebbys and when 2 of them both had trouble with their 08 and 09 Cheb trucks, they went and bought Toyota's! Would not even consider a Ferd or Dodge. So being a "car bigot" is not exclusive to being a Mopar guys after all. Dang it! I wanted to get it on a license plate but I'm certain the state would never allow it.

I'm also a sports bigot. I've got One Baseball team, One Football team and One Hockey team I cheer for. I'm not all wishy washy or a member of "mamby pamby" land. (geico makes excellent commercials) I've got a sign in my garage that says Mopar Parking Only. I've got a license plate frame that says Mopar or No Car. If you can't handle that... tough. Deal with it.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:12 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
lol .Those trucks are fugly

Last edited by scrapmetal; 09-22-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:11 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 117 Likes on 115 Posts
Originally Posted by MoparOnly
I recently posted a response to a thread title "Mustang" in which I went on about my personal history with cars and why I'm now Mopar Only. A fellow forum viewer stated he's not a "car bigot" because he likes all kinds of vehicles. Good for you. I realize many of the folks here have more than Mopars and that's fine. But the title of this sight is MOPAR FORUMS. At first I was taken back because bigot has such a nasty connotation in our society. But after thinking about it, he's right! And I believe many people in the Mopar community are too.

I was watching 2 Guys Garage and they stated that Mopar guys are mostly into Mopars only, so it's not just me, it's nationally recognized fact. In fact where I work most of the guys are into Chebbys. I'd say 75% drive only Chebbys and when 2 of them both had trouble with their 08 and 09 Cheb trucks, they went and bought Toyota's! Would not even consider a Ferd or Dodge. So being a "car bigot" is not exclusive to being a Mopar guys after all. Dang it! I wanted to get it on a license plate but I'm certain the state would never allow it.

I'm also a sports bigot. I've got One Baseball team, One Football team and One Hockey team I cheer for. I'm not all wishy washy or a member of "mamby pamby" land. (geico makes excellent commercials) I've got a sign in my garage that says Mopar Parking Only. I've got a license plate frame that says Mopar or No Car. If you can't handle that... tough. Deal with it.

Guess I'm one also.... Even though I'm married to a Ford Gal.. But she is coming around also.......
Old 09-22-2010, 06:55 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Well, time to stir up some shiz ite

I think being a car bigot is pretty retarded. I like all sorts of cars.

I always laugh at those mopar guys who drive K-cars. WHY? K-cars are not the greatest cars out there. I'd rather drive a Civic. Much more reliable and easier access to parts.

My 2 cents.

PS: I own a 69 Nova and plan on buying a 55 Chevy.

Let the bashing begin.

PPS: Scrap Metals Camaro is BADASS. Wish I had the $$$ to buy it..
Old 09-22-2010, 07:13 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
Damn didn't mean to **** you off i was just stating my opinion i myself won't own any thing but dodge trucks with a cummins. But when it comes to cars i buy what i like always have, just happens i bought a cuda and looking for another a body for another project. I like all cars equally i don't bad mouth any brand. I live, eat, sleep old cars always have when i go to shows i look at everything not just the mopars,chevys,fords ect. I have been working on cars all my life i know what your saying most of the problem cars are chevys then fords a few mopars. I was the only one in my area during high school that had a mopar i always had chevys/fords at the house working on them my friends asked when i had time to work on mine i told them i never had to work on mine because it was a mopar they laughed but they could not catch me, came close never did.[ 68 roadrunner 440- 4 speed]
Old 09-22-2010, 07:17 PM
Mopar Fan

I've never cared for the looks of Nova's in general but a good friend of mine has a very nice one! His dad bought it new in 69 with a 6 banger and he's done a nice resto on it and installed a zz motor. I think it's probably a pretty badass car but it spends its whole life on a show trailer so we'll probably never know. He's also a car bigot. He's got an 06 Cheb 1/2 ton 4x4 and wants to get a new one. Unfortunately he doesn't like the looks of the new Cheb's. I told him the GMC's look pretty good and he agreed. But won't drive anything but a Cheb so he's going to wait till they change the styling. They're the same truck aren't they? Not That's "retarded". I've read several of your posts with all the references to tri5's and I thought you were refering to 57 300C's (best fins of any manufacturer IMHO) 58 D500 and 59 Sport Fury. My bad. That's a pretty nice Dart you've got there! And a Nova and hoping to score a Cheb. Not too bad for someone your age!
Old 09-22-2010, 07:25 PM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by MoparOnly
I've never cared for the looks of Nova's in general but a good friend of mine has a very nice one! His dad bought it new in 69 with a 6 banger and he's done a nice resto on it and installed a zz motor. I think it's probably a pretty badass car but it spends its whole life on a show trailer so we'll probably never know. He's also a car bigot. He's got an 06 Cheb 1/2 ton 4x4 and wants to get a new one. Unfortunately he doesn't like the looks of the new Cheb's. I told him the GMC's look pretty good and he agreed. But won't drive anything but a Cheb so he's going to wait till they change the styling. They're the same truck aren't they? Not That's "retarded". I've read several of your posts with all the references to tri5's and I thought you were refering to 57 300C's (best fins of any manufacturer IMHO) 58 D500 and 59 Sport Fury. My bad. That's a pretty nice Dart you've got there! And a Nova and hoping to score a Cheb. Not too bad for someone your age!

Thanks.

I just appricate all sorts of cars. Muscle cars, mopars, chevys, fords, imports, ect.

I'm not trying to bash you or anyone else.

No, I'm not a chevy boy. But IMO, 55 Chevys were the start of the muscle car era. They just have that look.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:07 PM
Mopar Fan

Of the 3 popular years of 55-57 I'd have to say the 55's look best to me too, with the 56 right behind. Never like the 5 7's. It's like the stylists were saying "we don't know how to join the 2 sides of this fin together so let's just slather a bunch of chrome on it and no one will notice". Actually Chrysler was the first to hit 300 horsepower, hence the C300 in 55. DeSoto was the first (by a couple months) to hit one horsepower per cubic inch with their 345 Hemi, on carbs, not with FI. If you ever get a chance to see a 55 or 56 DeSoto 2 door hdtp in person you'll see one beautiful car. That's on my personal list of fin cars to acquire. And put a 57 300C side by side with a 57 Cheb... there is no comparison. IMO. Is there a thread on what's in your 440 Dart?
Old 09-22-2010, 09:28 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Originally Posted by blue 68 gts
Well, time to stir up some shiz ite

I think being a car bigot is pretty retarded. I like all sorts of cars.

I always laugh at those mopar guys who drive K-cars. WHY? K-cars are not the greatest cars out there. I'd rather drive a Civic. Much more reliable and easier access to parts.

My 2 cents.

PS: I own a 69 Nova and plan on buying a 55 Chevy.

Let the bashing begin.

PPS: Scrap Metals Camaro is BADASS. Wish I had the $$$ to buy it..
I was looking at this car it's in Washington Fo sale!

Old 09-23-2010, 02:42 AM
Admin

Received 200 Likes on 195 Posts
I really don't think the word "bigot" applies to any of us. The definition of bigot is "a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from his own". Granted, most people here have or will say "Mopar or no car" but that doesn't mean they are a bigot. I think it was just the wrong word used in a post that meant no harm.

I love Mopars, always have, always will (minus the newer ones they have been coming out with) but I always enjoy seeing rat rods and drag cars. It's just way cooler when they are a Mopar and done right.

Now owning a Mopar will do something for you......... it will make you THE COOLEST GUY ON YOUR STREET!
Old 09-23-2010, 03:26 AM
Mopar Fanatic

The correct term is "Fanboy". Over the past 23 years I've owned more than 60 cars, and about half of them were Mopars. At a single time I had 3 Challengers (a 318 car, an R/T, and a 340 convertible), 2 'cudas, and 2 Roadrunners. I could drive a different car every day of the week.

"A horse is a horse" as the song goes, and a car is a car. As long as it looks good, is reasonably fast, and fun to drive, I will like it.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:25 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
Again i apologize for the use of that word we have a guy here who goes on and on about mopars the world would end if there were no mopars hates anything else. As far as the tri 5s my favorite has always been the 55 the lightest of the three. 57s would be second never cared for 56s i have see some very nice ones tho don't know that much of the early chryslers and desotos but i'm sure they are neat cars.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:06 PM
Mopar Lover

My nova

Old 09-25-2010, 03:41 PM
Mopar Fan

MoPar Or No Car
Old 09-25-2010, 03:49 PM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by scrapmetal
I was looking at this car it's in Washington Fo sale!

If I'm thinking right, doesn't that car have a full exhaust system set up? I recognize the black "plymouth" lettering on the fenders.

Think I've seen it at Bremerton Raceway
Old 09-25-2010, 04:59 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 117 Likes on 115 Posts
You talk about the Tri Five chebbies... Not many people my age have not owned one or two of them... Me being one of them... Below is a picture of my brothers 55.... I still love him even though he is a Chebby guy!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails "MoPar or No Car" makes me a car bigot!-bumper.jpg  
Old 09-25-2010, 06:10 PM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by MReeves
You talk about the Tri Five chebbies... Not many people my age have not owned one or two of them... Me being one of them... Below is a picture of my brothers 55.... I still love him even though he is a Chebby guy!!!!!

Thats awesome! Red and white tu-tone is one of the colour options I was thinking of painting my future 55 post
Old 09-26-2010, 04:09 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Hey Blue, that pic of your Nova has my name written all over it. Not because it's a Nova, but because of the general look and condition it appears to be in. That looks to be a great start on a hot rod!

Mopar or No Car..?

I was shopping around a '09 Chrysler Sebring and an '09 Chevy Impala last week. The Sebring ($10,900) was a beautiful car with a lot of nice gadgets and features. Just a all around gorgeous car!! 41.5K miles and not a mark on her. And a 100K mile / 5 year warranty that expired the day the car was sold to the car lot, the warranty does not follow the car.

I wanted the Sebring bad!!

The Impala ($11,450) was bright white (same as the Sebring) and has a lot of standard features that compare to the Sebring but not nearly all the little "oohhh that's cool" stuff. She had 47.5k miles and also in superb condition. And a 100k mile / 5 year warranty that stays with the car.

Now taking a ride through Consumers Reports was not a friendly trip for the Sebring. Nor were the reports by consumers on Auto Trader. I can't believe Chrysler it still having trouble with the tranny's after all these years, I had a junk one in a Plymouth mini van.

Okay, wrapping it up I went with the Impala for three reasons.
1. Warranty
2. Consumers Reports, Impala is "average" and the Sebring is "way below average"
3. Personal experience with the junk transmissions.

I love the Mopar Muscle, but when it comes to $11,000 in 4 years of payments and my wife depending on the car, I'm looking real close!!!

Joe.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:52 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Originally Posted by blue 68 gts
If I'm thinking right, doesn't that car have a full exhaust system set up? I recognize the black "plymouth" lettering on the fenders.

Think I've seen it at Bremerton Raceway
yep.It was in car craft also.I guess I'm gonna keep my Camaro.Too many low ballers
Old 09-26-2010, 11:21 AM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by mr.power
I build them and work on them all but Mopar flows in my blood.
Yep, I recognize you from FABO.

Originally Posted by scrapmetal
yep.It was in car craft also.I guess I'm gonna keep my Camaro.Too many low ballers

Yea, I'd keep the Camaro. It's a bad *** ride man.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:30 PM
Mopar Fan

Originally Posted by MReeves
I feel your pain! One of my brothers was into Chebby Crapettes for way too many years. He finally learned and stays away from the plastic trash now.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:40 PM
Mopar Fan

Originally Posted by Barfly
Hey Blue, that pic of your Nova has my name written all over it. Not because it's a Nova, but because of the general look and condition it appears to be in. That looks to be a great start on a hot rod!

Mopar or No Car..?

I was shopping around a '09 Chrysler Sebring and an '09 Chevy Impala last week. The Sebring ($10,900) was a beautiful car with a lot of nice gadgets and features. Just a all around gorgeous car!! 41.5K miles and not a mark on her. And a 100K mile / 5 year warranty that expired the day the car was sold to the car lot, the warranty does not follow the car.

I wanted the Sebring bad!!

The Impala ($11,450) was bright white (same as the Sebring) and has a lot of standard features that compare to the Sebring but not nearly all the little "oohhh that's cool" stuff. She had 47.5k miles and also in superb condition. And a 100k mile / 5 year warranty that stays with the car.

Now taking a ride through Consumers Reports was not a friendly trip for the Sebring. Nor were the reports by consumers on Auto Trader. I can't believe Chrysler it still having trouble with the tranny's after all these years, I had a junk one in a Plymouth mini van.

Okay, wrapping it up I went with the Impala for three reasons.
1. Warranty
2. Consumers Reports, Impala is "average" and the Sebring is "way below average"
3. Personal experience with the junk transmissions.

I love the Mopar Muscle, but when it comes to $11,000 in 4 years of payments and my wife depending on the car, I'm looking real close!!!

Joe.
I've never been much for Consumer Reports. You have to Subscribe to be able to comment. Look how good Toyocrap was over rated for years, now the Truth comes out!

I'd think for $11k you could find a nice used 300 or Charger but not everyone likes RWD.