Multiple questions for Satellite

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 12:13 AM
Mopar Fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Multiple questions for Satellite

To give an update I said way back in August the tranny blew and then disappeared a while, it was rebuilt and they did it wrong so last week they fixed it so now it is in a different shop for the brakes. I have just a couple of random questions you might be able to answer.

Engine smoke:
Its been burning oil latley, is there a good way to fix it?

Body lean/twist:
When I got the car the driver side was lower than the other side. Replacing front shocks fixed it, back was slightly slanted still but not bad. Taking it back to the Transmission shop I went from Neutral to Reverse to readjust parking. When I did the shift was smooth but the body like twisted counter clockwise. Now its tilted funny again. Any reason for this?

Most likely many more to come
Old 09-28-2010, 02:33 AM
Admin

Received 200 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by 1972GoldDuster
Engine smoke:
Its been burning oil latley, is there a good way to fix it?
Fix it right the first time. It's early still but you'll have to figure out if its your rings, valve seals, etc. and go fromt here. You'd probably be better off getting a complete gasket kit and resealing the entire motor. Depending on when the last time the bearings were replaced, now would be a good time to install all new bearings as well.

Originally Posted by 1972GoldDuster
Body lean/twist:
When I got the car the driver side was lower than the other side. Replacing front shocks fixed it, back was slightly slanted still but not bad. Taking it back to the Transmission shop I went from Neutral to Reverse to readjust parking. When I did the shift was smooth but the body like twisted counter clockwise. Now its tilted funny again. Any reason for this?
The body should twist a little depending on what gear you are going in as that tells you that your motor/tranny mounts are tight (at least I think to, I may be wrong). After putting it back into park/neutral, teh body to untwist.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:58 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sometimes a simple adjust of the torsion bars will level it out.