Needing some info/Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Needing some info/Help

Hey there guys. I am new to this forum and figured I would stop in and see if I could get some help from a mopar guru. I have several engines in the garage, Unfortunately it would help if I had the numbers from them but at this moment in time I do not. But I can provide them at a later time. I am just trying to find someone who can tell me if I have something that Is actually worth some money. I have had several people tell me I have a gold mine in my garage that I just need someone to help me appraise it.

My father passed away several years ago. Leaving behind a plethora of mopar parts and about 5 or 6 engines, out of these engines I have a low miles 383, 440 hp2, hp 318's, and several 727 trannys. How i know what these are is simple. I know a good amount about engines. working on cars, but over the last few years I have really stopped messing with it. and mopars are very unique which is what I love about them. I am willing to learn more about them.

I have had people tell me not to let people just come and look at them without having someone appraise them and tell me what I actually have because simply you all know this. when someone is interested in an engine they will give you certain prices that they are willing to pay. I do know that the 383 is worth quite a bit because I know some of my dads old friends we're trying there best to get it from us after he passed away and they had told me a little about it.

sorry for this being so long, the problem for me not having the numbers from the engines is because I am not at my house and I have the numbers written down somewhere there I will just have to dig them up. anyways, Just trying to get someinput and to find someone who knows a pretty good ammount about these engines so that I can get the ball rolling on putting them on the market to sell. They do need to be rebuilt, they are not brand new lol. anyways, thanks alot in advanced! you can shoot me an email at supplymold@aol.com if you may be interested in taking a loot at these engines. I am located in southeastern, Ky. I look forward to meeting and chatting with all of you.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:02 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Transmissions usually sell for a few hundred.

Motor value depends on whats in/on it and if its a rebuildable core or not, ect.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:11 AM

I am 100% sure they are able to be rebuilt. otherwise my father wouldnt of had them, I also know this because there is a feller that lives down the street from me. I had him take a look at them. he deals with chevy's or he would probably want them. but, I dunno. where should I start as far as finding someone to help me appraise them, so far only have had one person jump onto this thread lol. thanks for your input on the trasmissions, I have about 3 of the 727's so that should get me somewhere, I am actually just trying to get myself a little fixer upper or something to get back and forth to work.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:18 AM
Admin

Received 200 Likes on 195 Posts
A lot of what you can get for them depends on where you are located and if you are willing to ship.

Blue is right about the trannies. Around here in the northeast, they go for $150 and up depending on if they need a rebuild or are already built.

As far as the motors go, numbers would help along with pictures. The motors are going to depend on if they are stock, mildly built or gone through and packed with goodies.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by 78D200
A lot of what you can get for them depends on where you are located and if you are willing to ship.

Blue is right about the trannies. Around here in the northeast, they go for $150 and up depending on if they need a rebuild or are already built.

As far as the motors go, numbers would help along with pictures. The motors are going to depend on if they are stock, mildly built or gone through and packed with goodies.

I completely understand what you are saying there. I actually do have a few pictures of them. let me post them somewhere online and I will return back with a link in a moment. and yes, I would be willing to ship. or meet halfway if someone is definately interested. ill have to give my mother a call and get her to find those numbers. I know i had some very rare headers in there just need the numbers.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:51 AM

Here is a link to the pictures that I have. I am trying to get ahold of someone at my mothers house to get the numbers from the engines. I have them written down. just cant get ahold of anyone.

http://s886.photobucket.com/albums/a...lymold/Motors/

Edit: Also Just heard from my brother. I know that one of the engines is a 68 440 HP2. I am sure that doesnt help much. maybe the rarity of that year is hard to find, I am not sure. but, I do know that the 68 was the more popular year of the 440's. I am seriously into learning about this stuff lol. I love it.

Last edited by sixpack440; 08-30-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:59 PM

alright I got a couple numbers from them. I don't know why they think it's so hard to go out in the garage and write the numbers down. anyways, im heading home tomorrow so I will get the numbers and post them all on here of all the heads and everything I have. so here are the ones I have so far.

J440 1020 (I guess this is just the regular 440)

E383 822 HP 246813012

more to come.. I know this thread is lacking, not many people are responding to this? I would really like some input surely there is someone out there who knows some cool sites I could check out to get more information on mopars in general? Thanks to whomever can direct me in the right path.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:54 AM
Mopar Fanatic

mopar sites

http://www.moparchat.com/forums/
http://www.mymopar.com/index.php
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/
http://www.allpar.com/mopar.html
Old 09-01-2010, 06:17 AM
Admin

Received 200 Likes on 195 Posts
By the pictures, they all look like they will need to be gone through thoroughly (sp?). You may be able to get a couple hundred bucks per block and about $100-$150 per set of cylinder heads (depending on the heads).

I wouldn't say that you have a gold mine though. Maybe if they were complete.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:06 AM

I was looking through my dad's old notepads, he had and he always wrote everything down. Im not sure maybe he knew if something happened to him that it would all be written down on what this stuff is out there and what its worth.. my father was a mopar guru so im pretty sure this stuff is accurate. he built them for years and drag raced them in chicago. had a 69 dodge superbee(wish I still had). im actually going to post some pictures on here tomorrow of all of his cars including the charger and challenger that burnt up in a fire...

anyways, im just going to jot some of this information down because I myself am not familiar with mopar and I hope that someone can actually tell me the value of this stuff....

-Mopar Hooker Headers 426 Hemi B-Body 2" Like new
-Headers 440 B-Body M.T. Super Savanger 2" Like new Rare
-318 SHort Block x2
-69 383 HP Block + Crank
-318 Heads
-Hemi Valve Springs
-Cam Crane 440
-Isky Cam 440
-Solid Lifters 440
-440 Stock Cams
-3 x 2 intake
-Triple Springs
-A-Body Headers 440

*69 440 engine H.P. Engine Pro. Built 12.5 Comp. Isky B-800 Solid Cam 9qt System - reuth??(can hardly tell if that is reuth or reyth) Crank, Blue Printed & Internally Balanced, Built By Mr. Norm #1 Mechanic Tom Holloway assisted by norman evans.

last page of it says 383 Engine Block + Forged Steel Crank No Rods, Standard Bore, Low Miles, original, Never bored, Triple Springs.

K, Now I know this might be just a shot in the dark but sounds to me like that 383 Might be one of the highest valued of my collection.

And I am beginning to think that I may just keep these engines and find myself a old Dodge or what have you and build a nice old hot rod. I would love to do that. but, if any interest looms I may let any of it go. Just let me know, going to post more numbers tomorrow. sorry if I am seeming somewhat annoying here lol Im just really trying to dig deep and get as much info on this stuff as I can.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:28 AM
A.K.A Bob Dodge

i dont know id say the intake is the most valued. then maybe the 383?
those MT's are super scavangers you left the "c" out didnt you? (im not being an ***)
also it says solid lifters 440 what are the rockers?
Old 09-02-2010, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by 1966sportfury
i dont know id say the intake is the most valued. then maybe the 383?
those MT's are super scavangers you left the "c" out didnt you? (im not being an ***)
also it says solid lifters 440 what are the rockers?

lol, I know you arent being an ***, I was just writing by what was wrote down. Im not sure on any of that and I am not sure what kind of rockers they are. I tell u one thing though. I am determined to find out though, haha!