Real World Value of my '55 NY St. Regis

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Real World Value of my '55 NY St. Regis

I haven't been around in a while and circumstances are such that I may consider selling my '55 St. Regis. I suspect most of you have a better feel for real word prices. Curious as to what the price range would be. I understand it is all subjective and rough ballpark amounts are welcome. I have attached a few pictures to give an idea of condition.

Background:

I purchased it from a CA estate in 2013 and i believe I am the second owner. The engine is the original engine that came with the car (331cid) based on the build sheet. At the time, I was able to get the car running without putting much money into it. I eventually rebuilt the carb, replaced the fuel pump, rewired the ignition and did basic maintenance. Friends who are mechanics said the engine was sound and they wouldn't do a rebuild until it needed it; I should enjoy the car. I did, but because I am adventurous and wanted the "experience", I pulled the engine, not to rebuild, but to freshen it up. Also to work on the front end suspension, etc. Did not pull the heads, do any valve/lifter work, but I did replace gaskets, timing chain/gear, crank gear, cleaned up the oil pump, new rear seal, etc. I had the generator and starter rebuilt..

I replaced many of the front end bushings and replaced the center link and tie rods. Also did a front disc brake conversion with new master cylinder. Rear drums turned and the rear pads were re-lined.

Current condition: Engine is back together and the engine/trans/drive line all hooked up. Need to hook up the trans linkage, install generator, water pump, radiator, trans cooler, fan, pwr steering pump, etc. Engine has not been started since it was pulled. There is some rust on the driver's side floor board and there is a little paint bubbling on passenger rear qtr panel by the wheel well.

Sorry for the sideways pictures, I am not too tech savvy when it comes to posting pictures.

What is your opinion of value in current condition v. a running vehicle?

Thanks in advance for the input.
Attached Thumbnails Real World Value of my '55 NY St. Regis-washed-4-29-13.jpg   Real World Value of my '55 NY St. Regis-after-brake-job5.jpg   Real World Value of my '55 NY St. Regis-engine-1-pulled.jpg   Real World Value of my '55 NY St. Regis-engine-cleaning-painting-4.jpg   Real World Value of my '55 NY St. Regis-blocks-rear-view.jpg  

Old 09-11-2017, 04:22 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 869 Likes on 848 Posts
Awesome Car... I think I would have to ask you get a certified appraisal on that one. Just my 2 cents