Shows

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 03:23 AM
Admin

Received 200 Likes on 195 Posts
Talking Shows

What shows are in your area this year? Are you planning on attending them? If so, are you going just as a spectator or are you going to bring your car or truck and show it off?
Old 05-04-2010, 04:00 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 117 Likes on 115 Posts
We have always attended the All Mopar Southern Nationals at South Ga Motorsport Park in Valdosta on Memorial Weekend... Free BBQ on Friday night for the early arrivals.. Event runs Saturday and Sunday.... Car show, swap meet and Mopar Drag Racing.... What more could you ask for???? Hoped the new car would be ready for this event but not this year!!!!! Maybe next!!
Old 05-04-2010, 04:54 AM
Admin

Received 200 Likes on 195 Posts
Every once in a while there is an all Mopar night at the local drag strip that one of the larger Chrysler dealerships hosts. Other than that, we have two decent size (for this area) car shows. One in the middle of Manchester right on Elm st. and another at the local Budwieser plant. Both usually have about 300+ cars and truck show up and a bunch of venders and local builders/racers. I'm still looking around for dates for this year of both of these.

Otherwise, there is atruck show that a local 4 wheeling club puts on ever year. They have a ton a venders, two or three different classes of rock crawlers, a power wheels race for the little ones and more.

We just had Vermonster happen as well. That is another huge 4 wheeling show that goes on every year. Venders and monster truck from all over show up. There are a few different classes for mud racing and rock crawling as well.

All of these shows are always a great time.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:08 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Thumbs up SHOW

Just got this flier last week MIDWEST MOPARS in the park June 5-6 at the Dakota County Fairgrounds [how appropriate ] Farmington Mn all Mopar show check it out at www.midwestmopars.com
Old 05-04-2010, 07:00 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 170 Likes on 166 Posts
Tim -

I was thinking of asking the same question for a few days, but with a slightly different slant.

My question was "What do you guys do with your (vintage) cars?".

OK, to answer your question first, here on Long Island (NY) there's a car meet almost every night of the week in one place or another and some rival some of the bigger car "shows" with over 300 cars. The more organized "shows", while having some kind of entertainment, food and door prizes) are also fairly frequent, but oddly enough smaller than some of the meets. (Guess the meets being free has something to do with that.)

So the corollary to your question, what do you do with your cars, comes up. When I was younger (and lived in Brooklyn) there were a few meets and an occasional show, but mostly there were a few cruise streets / routes we took to play with our cars. But back then our "muscle cars" weren't that far out of the ordinary, they were just "worked". These days they are considered "vintage" and even somewhat out of place.

Franky, given the price and quality of gas these days, just "cruising" has lost some of its appeal (I'm also 30 years older...). Except for a Sunday drive along the beach with the Mrs, most of my driving is to and from a meet, my mechanic or to test out a fix or mod.

As for your other question: With the Charger back on the road, kinda hard pressed to go to a show / meet as a spectator.

Archer
Old 05-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 117 Likes on 115 Posts
Hey for the street guys here in Little DeLand Florida there is at least 4 "shows" per week at different reaturants... Usuall have several different cars at each but always some of the same at all three.... But its a fun time for all!!!!! One is during the week and the others are on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.....
Old 05-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
Here in palm harbor fla. we have several cruise ins on fridays in different locations and on sat nites also, depends on how far you want to go most places have the same diehards sometimes different stuff. There are also some monthly ones, i go to as many as possible with my car. Back in the day i went to a different one every night of the week and at least one big show a month that was back in the early 90's. Most folks know me because of the cuda and my gray moustache. I enjoy showing off the car and answering questions, too expensive to just drive around. I've been doing this for 20 plus years did the racing thing for 20 years prior to that got bored[broke] and started showing cars not nearly as expensive as racing not as exciting but THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:24 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Down in Eugene, OR (about 50 miles south of me), they have a "casual" show every Saturday night starting in June and going late September at Brooks auto parts. It is a mixed show, and sometimes they have music and food, sometimes not, but they always have a couple of portable rest rooms . It is one of those kinds of things where there are a lot of "regulars", but still a lot of different new cars. When the lot is full, people cruise through and then leave for "Fins" which is an oldie type of restaurant where you can order from your car. Fins is about 3 or 4 miles from Brooks. It starts about 7pm and goes until the last person leaves, usually around 10:30 or so. Since my car has been done, it has rained too much, plus I am still working the "bugs" out, so no chance to enter any show.

In my little town of Jefferson, OR (2800 people), we have the annual Mint Festival which includes a car show. Last year we had around 100 cars or so. I do plan to make that one.

As for what I do with my car, I really don't like to show it much, but I do like to go to shows and look. I really enjoy driving mine just here and there during the dry months, just everyday driving. I really like all the thumbs up on the freeway....people know something cool when they see it. My 14 year old step daughter loves to hang out with me because the car draws a lot of boys. She is a pretty good car girl.

Last edited by 67gtxclone; 05-04-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:51 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
We used to have a circle track/dragstrip here but they sold the property and the circle track closed the strip is still going but i don't go any more it's only 1/8 mile.I go to bigger shows when i can afford to spend the money not for the trophys i'm a turd in a punch bowl at at most of them plus mopars arn't very popular with the judges around here unless they are outstanding or friends with the promoter. My sons are into cars, they were raised around them. My oldest has the car curse [my wifes term] worse than i did at his age eats sleeps breathes horsepower not much of a mechanic but he's learning. My youngest is the born mechanic he can do just about anything put in front of him with little or no guidence. He is not a car freak like myself or his brother but he likes them enough, he would rather cruise than sit still he gets bored. I gave him the last car that we rebuilt and has plans to improve it further. Some day i'll get to restore my cuda untill then i'll enjoy it as is.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:11 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
summer nationals

here in central Massachusetts we have an annual show in Worcester. its pretty big, and its the 20 year anniversary this year so its supposed to be huge this year. there is supposed to be an estimated 6000 cars this year! and theres supposed to be a playboy model there this year so no doubt im going.

here's the site:

http://www.summernationals.com/index2.html