Site idea.

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 08:50 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Site idea.

So if anyone doesnt mind, I was thinking I could post some ideas to make the forum easier to navigate. I feel by making it easier to do that, there will be more people intrested in sticking around. I see alot of people post only once ot twice, then they're never seen again. It just wastes the space really...

So, here would be my list of ideas:

- Require a certain amount of posts before posting pictures: 10?

- Have the "Off topic" category placed in the general part

- Combine the "Late model rear wheel drive" sub categorys into one category: "Late model rear wheel drive". Then who ever would like to post, can just post in that one category about anything.

- Same as abouve with Late model AWD, and FWD.

-It seems theres a god amount of people who post in the A-F body categorys, and truck/jeep ones, so those are good.

- I say 86 the "Mopar forums help center" and mix it with the "General technical questions".

- Create a place where we can create threads for "up-to-date" project builds. A place where we can have one thread on our vehicals. A place where we can post pictures.

Just a few ideas. I haven't posted alot b/c of the way the board is set up. It "Drove" me to go to other forums that were more easily naviagte. But I have stuck around b/c different people know different things. And its nice to ask on a couple of different boards, and get a range of info if I have a question.

-nick
Old 02-25-2009, 01:03 PM
Admin

Received 200 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by blue 68 gts
So if anyone doesnt mind, I was thinking I could post some ideas to make the forum easier to navigate. I feel by making it easier to do that, there will be more people intrested in sticking around. I see alot of people post only once ot twice, then they're never seen again. It just wastes the space really...

So, here would be my list of ideas:

- Require a certain amount of posts before posting pictures: 10?
The reason why there isn't a requirement is because we want people to post up what they have and "show it off" so to say in the "member's rides" section. It is a good idea though.

- Have the "Off topic" category placed in the general part
I do like that idea. At least then people can talk about whatever.

- Combine the "Late model rear wheel drive" sub categorys into one category: "Late model rear wheel drive". Then who ever would like to post, can just post in that one category about anything.

- Same as abouve with Late model AWD, and FWD.

-It seems theres a god amount of people who post in the A-F body categorys, and truck/jeep ones, so those are good.
I wouldn't have a problem with that.

- I say 86 the "Mopar forums help center" and mix it with the "General technical questions".
You know I have never seen/noticed the "Mopar forums help center". Lol

- Create a place where we can create threads for "up-to-date" project builds. A place where we can have one thread on our vehicals. A place where we can post pictures.
We have kind of created that with the "Member's rides" section. We didn't talk about having a section for "build-ups" only becuase I think everyone though the person posting would post the build in the proper "body" section.

Just a few ideas. I haven't posted alot b/c of the way the board is set up. It "Drove" me to go to other forums that were more easily naviagte. But I have stuck around b/c different people know different things. And its nice to ask on a couple of different boards, and get a range of info if I have a question.

-nick
We are always open to ideas.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:55 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i like some of those ideas
Old 02-25-2009, 06:57 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Oh. another idea...

- Hows about creating a section where we can talk about cars NON MOPAR. Yes, i know its "Mopar Forums", but alot of car forums have a section where the guys can ask questions about the non related car.

Imports, chevys, GM, ect.

I'll guarantee alot of us have cars that are not mopars.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:58 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think some of the ideas are definatly doable. i dont have a prob with them.I like the non mope thing too. as long as the people that post there dont have a prob if any of us jokingly bash their brand x cars heh heh heh
Old 02-26-2009, 04:10 AM
Admin

there are other makes out there besides Mopar?
Old 02-26-2009, 05:06 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That was my first thought, 78.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:53 AM
Admin

Thumbs up

blue 68, I started a thread to talk about your ideas with the other mods. I'm sure that everyone will see some changes over the next few weeks as long as we can get everything setup.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:02 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 78D200
there are other makes out there besides Mopar?
haha