why oh why?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 04:03 PM
Mopar Fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why oh why?

So I decided last December that the rear package tray needed to be redone in my fury. I found a place nearby, dropped it off, said "no hurry" and waited....and waited....Finally the guy calls me and says its ready. What did I get? Even though I specifically said to match the original, the new one looks like it would fit better in a lowrider Impala than my 67. Guy says, I figured this would look better. Sigh. Nope, I didn't pay for squat. I've decided to do as much as humanly possible on my car from here on out. This is like the third instance of shoddy, sheister work I farmed out for the car. We like to say "remember when?" when it comes to customer service but maybe we should say "let's start now". Only high point was the 64 Lincoln Continental convertable with suicide doors, all black and awesome tuck and roll interior in his shop.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:57 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I've seen that happen and had it happen Recondo. Best I can figure, it's to try and make up for a guilty conscience. They knew they took too long, so they want to give you something "extra" to make them feel better, thinking that their taste will be as good as yours. Sucks to have it happen, I know.

BTW... 101st Recondo here. Where'd yours come from?
Old 02-06-2010, 10:39 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have had those type of things happen to me too. All I can say is never tell anyone to "take their time", and anyone that you ever hire to do work again.....ride them like a bad pony. Get a status every day or two and check in often to see that they are doing what you want and how you want it. They need to know you will not allow crappy work whenever they feel like getting to it. In short, you have to become something of a dick.