Mopar of the Month This section is for MoparForums.com's monthly Mopar of the Month nominations and voting. All other threads will be removed, so please read the rules before posting!!

Attention All Members!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 03:53 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 117 Likes on 115 Posts
Attention All Members!!!!!!

I have been doing a little research and have some interesting info to share with all of our members.... Everyone knows we have our Mopar of the Month contest. Its been a pet peeve of mine as to why we have so few votes each and every month... We get between 35 to 45. Folks we have over 400 active members.... Where the hell are the other 355 or so members???? I have also learned that in the last 24 or so hours we have had 69 members log in.... In the current contest we have had 37 votes... Let's say that 100% of them have already votes for the Mopar of the Month, where are the other 32 of you??? Can't you take a simple 2 or 3 minutes to vote on Mopar of the Month??? We say we live, breath and love our Mopars..... Yet, we can't take the time to vote for MoM....... I'm beginning to wonder just how deep the Mopar Blood is in us......... Please let me get off my "soapbox" just vote for Mopar Of Month.... Thanks in advance........
Old 03-25-2011, 11:56 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I already Voted.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:23 PM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by MercuryDon
I already Voted.

Good for you!!!!! My comments are to those who have not voted!!!!!!
Old 03-25-2011, 12:45 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MReeves
I have been doing a little research and have some interesting info to share with all of our members.... Everyone knows we have our Mopar of the Month contest. Its been a pet peeve of mine as to why we have so few votes each and every month... We get between 35 to 45. Folks we have over 400 active members.... Where the hell are the other 355 or so members???? I have also learned that in the last 24 or so hours we have had 69 members log in.... In the current contest we have had 37 votes... Let's say that 100% of them have already votes for the Mopar of the Month, where are the other 32 of you??? Can't you take a simple 2 or 3 minutes to vote on Mopar of the Month??? We say we live, breath and love our Mopars..... Yet, we can't take the time to vote for MoM....... I'm beginning to wonder just how deep the Mopar Blood is in us......... Please let me get off my "soapbox" just vote for Mopar Of Month.... Thanks in advance........

AGREED Mack!!!!!
thats why I always push for more votes.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:54 PM
Mopar Fanatic

i always vote even when it's a tough choice like this month's 2 cars, there both awsome
Old 03-25-2011, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator

Received 181 Likes on 170 Posts
You know me I am always there even if it ain't one of my cars...I always vote and call for more voters...I give more than 2 seconds to this site everyday since I joined. I was also the one who posted about the active members..
Old 03-25-2011, 05:37 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 248 Likes on 241 Posts
Originally Posted by MReeves
............ Mopar of the Month contest. Its been a pet peeve of mine as to why we have so few votes each and every month....
Sorry, but I didn't realize participation was mandatory.

I choose not to for several reasons.

First, whether you want to admit it or not, "car of the month" comes down to:

those who have money, some of us don't

the most skilled, some of us aren't, particularly body and paint, or can't in my case, age, energy, and arthritis.

the most able. I'm 62, and my arthritis gets worse by the week.

SUBJECTIVE TASTE. I find more and more "donk" on early Mopars around the www, and find this particularly offensive. Regardless of that particular annoyance, it still all comes down to personal taste. I personally think Superbirds are one of the ugliest cars on the planet, yet I think my '70 RR I used to own was a classic attractive design.

There are some nice cars on this site, and occasionally I comment on that. In the end, the OWNER is the one who has to like it, not I.

Last edited by 440roadrunner; 03-25-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:22 PM
Mopar Fanatic

I'm only a year on this forum, I spent around three years on another forum (somewhat different subject matter, but still cars) and we had started a similar contest for the "picture of the month" of our current projects. The winning pic got posted at the top of the forum for the following month.

It had a rather nice impact, got guys talking, changed the look of the forum each month and really all around promoted participation.

But the main stay was that we kept it fun! No gripeing at each other, nobody cared if there were two or twenty entries, or 5 or thirty votes. It was just fun! There were not as many members there as there are here, but the participation of the members was a lot higher than here. Here we seem to have a lot of members sign up but don't do a lot of posting. That may account for the lack of votes, heck I don't really know.

What I do know is we need to keep things positive, promote friendship and change things up a little from time to time.

I can't ell you how pleased I was to have our old truck nominated (twice) for Mopar of the Month. Obviously we had no chance of winning but still I was rather proud to be in the contest. And I have voted every month since (as I can remember). But tell me to vote, really? That's the kinda thing that will get people to stop voting. More over we should be nominating guys that we notice don't vote to get them involved.

just my 2 cents.
Joe.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:48 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts
I have voted every month and I vote, to be a 'part of' this group, as it makes it fun! Some of the cars that I have voted for are 'work in progress' and have nothing to do with someone with money or any skill! It's all about the way the car sets, the projected attitude of the car and just the fact that it's a clean Mopar with an owner that has pride in his Mopar!

Didn't an almost stock '69 Fury win last month? An underdog in the line up?

This is a good forum.

There is a good group of members here and 'a vote' for someone elses car, that the owner obviously has pride in, whether finished or not, is just too easy to give, doesn't cost a thing and may put a smile on someones face!
Old 03-26-2011, 03:56 AM
Admin

Received 200 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by 440roadrunner
Sorry, but I didn't realize participation was mandatory.

I choose not to for several reasons.

First, whether you want to admit it or not, "car of the month" comes down to:

those who have money, some of us don't

the most skilled, some of us aren't, particularly body and paint, or can't in my case, age, energy, and arthritis.

the most able. I'm 62, and my arthritis gets worse by the week.
I don't mean to "pick on" you, just merely respond to your points as I am sure many members feel the way you do.
  1. Participation is not mandatory. We are just asking that members cast their vote. If you don't like either vehicle, then you simply just don't vote.
  2. I don't believe that money has anything to do with the cars. Yes some people will spend quiet a bit of money on their cars having them restored/built up/etc.. Some other people have the skills themselves to be able to do the work.
There have been a few cars nominated that were not done and some that were being worked on by people how don't have the skills (like myself). Some examples are chlngr1970 2D Dart back in the 11/09 voting, Apollo's 1972 Charger on a flatbed in the 6/09 voting and my own 68 Valiant on a trailer in the 5/09 voting.

Granted it is nice seeing cars with a shiny paint job, spotless interior, detailed engine bay, but the fact of the matter is, any Mopar that any member has can be nominated whether it is finished or just brought home in a pile.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:33 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Too much drama......this stuff does more harm than good to a good forum.....keep it light and fun and you will keep it "real"......just my 2 cents.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:00 AM

I vote every month that i have been on the forum, its fun and to see cars on a larger scale picture rather than in someones signature or avatar pictures is great, Just make the thread sticky, not mandatory, so each time you press the "New Posts" button as i do, its always there at the top of the page. Im sure there is no need for argueing, We all love our hobby, whether its a work in progress or shiny thing of beauty its still a Mopar and thats why we all come on here.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:14 AM
Mopar Lover

Wow, did I touch some sensitive nerves!!!!! Wasn't me intention at all... I was just "pimping" the Mopar of the Month contest... Voting has never been and will never be manditory.... Just a way to promote our Mopars... I have talked to several that are very proud of being selected. So you can vote or not.... But I will keep promoting the Mopar of the Month contest....
Old 03-26-2011, 11:29 AM
Administrator with a large ban hammer !

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
I don't necessarily vote for the shiny car, I vote based on my taste and preferences. Some might not agree with my choices, but they are mine. Personally (and this is not to offend anyone), but I will NEVER vote for an E-Body because I actually hate them. I prefer the unusual or more undesirable cars, give me a wagon or 4 door any day and i would be quite content. Also you will never see one of my cars in the contest because I am not a competitive person. I do love seeing others work and skills, Bremereric is doing an awesome job documenting his progress and I follow that every day. With that said I will continue do do what I do and vote when I feel there is a car worthy of my vote.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:59 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Originally Posted by mr340
I don't necessarily vote for the shiny car, I vote based on my taste and preferences. Some might not agree with my choices, but they are mine. Personally (and this is not to offend anyone), but I will NEVER vote for an E-Body because I actually hate them. I prefer the unusual or more undesirable cars, give me a wagon or 4 door any day and i would be quite content. Also you will never see one of my cars in the contest because I am not a competitive person. I do love seeing others work and skills, Bremereric is doing an awesome job documenting his progress and I follow that every day. With that said I will continue do do what I do and vote when I feel there is a car worthy of my vote.
Don't hate me guys, But I also don't care for E Bodies, They do look great but are rattley and handle poorly compared to other pony cars I have owned (Mustang,Cougar,Javelin,Shelby,Firbird,and TA). B Bodies are much more solid and actually handle better. I bought a 72 Challenger New and could not get rid of it fast enough. I have had a 318,(3)340s a 440 and a Hemi and they all had the same drawbacks. Just Shutting the car door made me cringe. I finally let go of the last E body my Hemi a couple of years ago(Kept thinking I'd learn to love it). I traded it for My 428SCJ Cougar Convert, Plus a bundle of . All that still would not keep me from voting for one.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:15 AM
Admin

Received 200 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by mr340

SPeeking of your cars...... when are you going to post up some decent pics of them?
Old 03-27-2011, 04:56 AM
Administrator with a large ban hammer !

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by 78D200
SPeeking of your cars...... when are you going to post up some decent pics of them?
Actually, I'm in the process of getting the Duster back home and unfortunately we must let the Satellite go to a new home (where ever that may be). I am giving up the 2 car garage and will be completing the Duster here @ home in the single car stall. I don't have the time or energy to travel to the cars to work on them, having it here will make it easier to just walk a few feet to work on it with the boys. The Duster won out over the Satty because of what it is and the attachment I have to it (owned for 15 years) So if anyone out there needs a 70 B-body or parts, contact me, it will all have to be gone in like the next 3 months.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:57 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am on a half dozen or so car boards and this is the only board I frequent that has a monthly contest. It's cool to have something like that for those that are into that sort of thing but to initiate a post chastising the members that choose not to participate is ridiculous and to some, offensive. I'm sure some members on here get ragged by their boss or wife on a daily basis (not me personally) and the last thing they want is to be ragged on by someone in their hobby. I hate to say it Mac, but all you are doing is banging your head against the wall and making those of us that vote not want to because we are being "told" to do so. Besides, it kinda makes you look like the "hall monitor" of the site and it's not a good look for you.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:34 PM
Mopar Lover

Guys, Mack is not trying to imply anything. He is simply drumming up interest for the voting. No one has to vote.

The message is simple: if you want to vote on whichever of the presented cars you like, please do.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:12 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I voted...
Old 03-28-2011, 08:19 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 67 GTX
Guys, Mack is not trying to imply anything. He is simply drumming up interest for the voting. No one has to vote.

The message is simple: if you want to vote on whichever of the presented cars you like, please do.
If you read his post, the message isn't, "If you want to vote, vote". That may be your message but the message from the original post is, "Why the hell aren't you voting". There's a difference. My vote: ditch MoM and all the drama that goes with it. Or, those that want to participate, participate. Those that have an issue with the amount of participation, keep their comments to themselves.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:39 PM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by rexus31
those that want to participate, participate. Those that have an issue with the amount of participation, keep their comments to themselves.
I say thats probably the best way to go.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:28 PM
Little Demon

I say thats probably the best way to go.
yeah, I aint even been around since September, I've never owned a mopar, and I have a chevrolet tattoo but I still think MOTM is cool, its just neat to see the cars nominated and have to pick between one. Its all for fun. The truck forum I belong too has a similar contest and sometimes the comments and lightheartedness are hilarious! its just for fun, just have fun with it. with that said its good to be back yall!
Old 03-28-2011, 02:39 PM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by Red Devil
yeah, I aint even been around since September, I've never owned a mopar, and I have a chevrolet tattoo but I still think MOTM is cool, its just neat to see the cars nominated and have to pick between one. Its all for fun. The truck forum I belong too has a similar contest and sometimes the comments and lightheartedness are hilarious! its just for fun, just have fun with it. with that said its good to be back yall!

Glad to have you back!!!!!!
Old 06-18-2011, 06:03 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I am the new guy here and I know this post is a few months old. I am not trying to stir the pot but here is my take. Vote if you want to,don't vote if you don't want to.
Why not have 2 contests...one for finished cars and one for ...I just got it and here it is and under construction. This could be the best of both worlds in my opinion. But you know what they say about opinions...just like a..holes everyone has one.
Old 06-19-2011, 04:37 PM
Mopar Lover

Well, any car can be nominated. I have in the past nominated work in progress cars. The contest is open to ANY mopar, no matter the condition.

But, your point of two contests is well taken.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 181 Likes on 170 Posts
Well, any car can be nominated. I have in the past nominated work in progress cars. The contest is open to ANY mopar, no matter the condition.

But, your point of two contests is well taken.
I think there is a truck like that and we are voting on it this month...
Old 06-20-2011, 01:17 AM
Mopar Lover

My old '68 Dart project was in the running...

AND

I try to vote at least once every month

j
Old 06-20-2011, 01:19 AM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by 70redbee
I am the new guy here and I know this post is a few months old. I am not trying to stir the pot but here is my take. Vote if you want to,don't vote if you don't want to.
Why not have 2 contests...one for finished cars and one for ...I just got it and here it is and under construction. This could be the best of both worlds in my opinion. But you know what they say about opinions...just like a..holes everyone has one.
and I have learned around here, they are appreciated ( Opinions that is )

j
Old 07-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Mopar Fan

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb How about this idea?

I have been watching the voting for MOTM and enjoy the friendly comments encouraging all to participate. I am still a newbie here but was fortunate enough to have my car nominated by a member who is not part of what I would call the "Usual Suspects",that is the same few who nominate and second most of the contestants. Maybe this is because no one else steps up. I would like to propose a twist to the contest that would pit like car against each other. Say 1 month it could be running project cars, then the next month daily driven cars, or highly modified cars like the past 2 winners, or stock appearing cars, you get the idea. The class for the following months contest would be announced early enough to let all members select contestants and post to admin. through PM's. At the start of the new contest the admin. would post the contestants based on no. of entries proposed. If more than 3 cars are up the cars w/ most nominations would be selected. The class of vehicle would rotate month to month to let all cars, be they show pieces or beaters or original cars, A,B,C,E,Late model,or whatever, see some additional exposure. Just my 2 cents, but may be worth discussion.

Quick Reply: Attention All Members!!!!!!