2000 LHS Problems/Concerns HELP ME PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 05:41 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 LHS Problems/Concerns HELP ME PLEASE

I have a 2000 LHS, 3.5 liter H.O motor, Auto Trans. It had a check engine light after getting the radiator, and trans cooler and all hoses replaced. So I took it back to the mechanic. He hooked up the scanner to get a Evap Leak code. Reset Code, no problems since(its been about a week).

He then had his computer hooked up and got another code 00253 I believe... He concluded that it was a code not documented for the car, if it were a "P" code it would be a diesel injector or something. However the car is not diesel obviously. His computer was reading that the car at an idle(Tach saying 700ish) the motor's RPM's were at 8000, the air it was getting through the intake was jumping between -117 to 700 degrees, the car was running at 300 degrees(temp gauge was in the safe) and all this while the car is running fine, and has no check engine light.

We are under the assumption that the computer is starting to go out, he is surprised the car even starts and stays running. Any thoughts? People running into this same thing? Anything would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brandon
Old 06-09-2010, 07:54 PM
Mopar Lover

Location: Michigan: The First Line of Defense From The Canadians!
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Maybe what he said. But as an electrician, I say that all those things use "ground" as a reference to "zero". I would check engine to chassis grounds, and any others I could find. Try a test, ground those senders and see if you get a result.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:34 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CantRamItDodgeIt91
He then had his computer hooked up and got another code 00253 I believe... He concluded that it was a code not documented for the car, if it were a "P" code it would be a diesel injector or something. However the car is not diesel obviously. His computer was reading that the car at an idle(Tach saying 700ish) the motor's RPM's were at 8000, the air it was getting through the intake was jumping between -117 to 700 degrees, the car was running at 300 degrees(temp gauge was in the safe) and all this while the car is running fine, and has no check engine light.
"P" codes are what you want for this car they do not stand for anything diesel. I tried to look up the code you listed above but its not a valid code. It sounds like this "mechanic" dosent know what he is talking about. Either he dosnt know know how to use his scan tool, maybe its outdated, or maybe its just broken. My advice, if it aint broke dont fix it. Sounds like your saying the car runs ok and no light is on. If you can get me another code I can look it up for you if your courious.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:04 PM
Mopar Fanatic

He said that the closest thing that relates to the code was a diesel injector code. I apologize for not having the exact code... I'll have to have him hook it up, because when I check the codes on it through the mileage "screen" it shows no codes, but when hooked it to his scanner it shows this "ghost code" which has also been found on a similar car, not at his shop. All progress on this thread should hold off until I get the exact code, and some other readings. I'll be there monday, see if he can help me out quick. Sorry guys for not having the complete info.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:39 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CantRamItDodgeIt91
All progress on this thread should hold off until I get the exact code, and some other readings.
Yea yea right see how well I listened. AnyWHo I just wanted to say that I did check for Tech Service Bulletins (TSB's) that may pertain to related codes and didn't find any (got a shitload of TSB's for other things though)

Also, bring the car by I'll hook it to my scanner (only about a 1000 mile drive) laugh, that was suppose to be funny
Old 06-12-2010, 10:43 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Haha, sounds like a plan, I'll head out there, only a 24 hour or so trip. My family goes out there for a vacation in Ely Minnesota, I dont know where you are in regards to there.