Another dumb question..

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 08:41 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
Red face Another dumb question..

Are the original a/c hoses actually hose clamped and not crimp ends? That would seem to be a leak in the making...(you can look @ the pics in the albums page). I mean come on hose clamps? If so think I'll have a buddy of mine build me up some proper hoses....
Thanks,
Old 10-01-2009, 03:33 AM
Administrator with a large ban hammer !

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Nooo, that ain't right! and welcome to the forum!
Old 10-01-2009, 08:58 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Thumbs up

Whew!!! I thought that maybe Chrysler MIGHT have done that but.... Guess a Fly By Night Shop maybe...Dunno. Time to call Joe
Old 10-13-2009, 02:59 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Anyone have a vacuum diagram of the heater controls of the big barges? ('77 Newport)... Guess I need to buy the shop manual, but heck 50.00 or so will buy other goodies....lol Would be nice to change from vents to floor to defrost... 'Specially with winter coming...

Also anyone have a speedo that is crazy? the minute i move the car it pegs goes back to 0, flops around like a fish outta water. Cable is fine, no kinks in housing. Im afraid that eventually the needle is going to break, oh and btw the odometer isn't tracking miles.

Any ideas? cant find info on web on HOW to fix just a few places that MIGHT repair...and thats not a for sure thing on the several sites i've visited
Old 10-13-2009, 04:07 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
on yur speedo, ither the base of the needle is busted where it wont turn to accurate speed, or you have some teeth sheared off the drive gear in the tranny tailshaft, causing it to do that. The later is a simple fix, change the gear, the speedo, youll have to take the dash apart to fix it. if your heater controls arent working just get a new set of controls from a donor car in a yard, and get the new speedo too, then change them both out together, i dont have a diagram. But I know al the vacume leads are color coded coming off the backside of the heater controls.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:29 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Originally Posted by rr69half6bbl
on yur speedo, ither the base of the needle is busted where it wont turn to accurate speed, or you have some teeth sheared off the drive gear in the tranny tailshaft, causing it to do that. The later is a simple fix, change the gear, the speedo, youll have to take the dash apart to fix it. if your heater controls arent working just get a new set of controls from a donor car in a yard, and get the new speedo too, then change them both out together, i dont have a diagram. But I know al the vacume leads are color coded coming off the backside of the heater controls.

Ok thanks will look into the possible problem areas...Ive had the dash out a couple of times now, and boy is it a pain, but....Will see if there are any of these cars left in the couple of yards we have left that deals in older stuff.. most of the yards here have went into the no older than 10 years old mode... Also found this but its a bit pricey....
http://www.autoinstruments.com/