More bang out of a V6?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More bang out of a V6?

Hi guys, new here.

Just got my first car, an '05 300C, Eurospec (not sure if that matters). Totally in love with it, the only thing bothering me is the sloppy 3.5 V6 - need more power.

I've heard about the Tidal Wave supercharger, and considered that, but recently stumbled upon a thread by a guy whose engine blew with one of those - http://www.lxforums.com/board/300-ge...creations.html. Would you guys recommend installing such a thing? What other upgrades would be required with it?
Also, I'm thinking about a dual exhaust, really hate the look of the stock single pipe. Which setup would you recommend?

Sorry for asking probably stupid questions, still a total noob in car mechanics and tuning.

P.S
Please, don't recommend selling the car and buying one with a V8. The automobile is kinda family relic, selling isn't an option. I'm planing on swapping a V8 in it, but that surely won't happen any time soon.

P.P.S

Some pics of the car attached.
Attached Thumbnails More bang out of a V6?-vrbrd8dhlns.jpg   More bang out of a V6?-o_gi7g3sfoy.jpg  

Last edited by alex-boy; 07-09-2017 at 03:30 PM.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:08 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 869 Likes on 848 Posts
Welcome to the site.. From across the water (U.S.A.)
Those are a nice riding car. And a good looking car!
I'm not sure there is much you can do with the 3.5. I think a tuner kit, fresh air intake and a exhaust kit might be about all that can be done, without putting the engine on the edge of destruction.
I think the money's would be best spent with the later V-8 upgrade that would give you better and more options.

Have a great day...
Keep us posted....
Cheers
Old 06-26-2017, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

Received 496 Likes on 479 Posts
I would hold off and go for the swap!
There's just to much performance to be gained along with durability.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:17 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 386 Likes on 381 Posts
Enjoy it for what it is !!! It's a big heavy car !!!
Old 06-27-2017, 08:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your replies guys!

Originally Posted by RacerHog
I think the money's would be best spent with the later V-8 upgrade that would give you better and more options.
Cheers
Originally Posted by Iowan
I would hold off and go for the swap!
The thing is, thanks to our customs taxes, importing an engine will cost me about double of it's pricetag in the US, and so will all the other parts and upgrades, which I'm sure I'll need a lot. And then there's labor. If you do something, do it right, and to do the thing right I'll need a **** ton of money, I've approximated, and the amount is huge, not something one can just save up for. And I'm still a university student, pockets tight.

So I want just a little bit more for now, some primitive upgrades, cause I can't even merge normally sometimes.
I' think I'll start with the intake and exhaust, as RacerHog said.

Originally Posted by TVLynn
Enjoy it for what it is !!!
I most surely am, but as I've said, do something - do it right, and american sedans done right means a V8