Radiator and Pulley questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radiator and Pulley questions

Hey,

Hopefully someone can help me with this as I am not that good with cars yet. I'd like to put an aluminum radiator and electric fans in my 1967 dodge charger 440. But I've looked at so many I have no idea whats good or what I would even need to get.

Also I'd like to put a serpentine belt system on it to clean it up and make it look a little nicer. But there again I am about lost as I can be. They seem to be pretty expensive, are they worth it? Do they only come in chrome? Or could a guy get black too?

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciate!!!!
Old 06-23-2013, 04:35 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Champion has some reasonably priced radiators. My bro-in-law has one in his Duster 360. Regarding the fans, I'd highly advise against using any sort of fan that attaches through the radiator tubes with zip-ties. The vibration and weight of the fan can and often will damage the radiator tubes. Fab up brackets to mount them to the core support instead.
The serpentine kits I have seen are expensive for a reason. The OEMs never designed a serpentine system for the Chrysler Big Block. Because of this, there were no patterns for independent companies to use to make knock-off copies. Whatever serpentine kits you see are of a
clean sheet" design.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:50 PM
PK1
Mopar Lover

Received 106 Likes on 104 Posts
I have done many. Consider a bone yard run to locate a Lincoln Mark 8 electric fan or check eBay. There was one year that the Taurus fan was the same model. There are many right ups on the net. These are a good fan with long life sealed motor. Sorry, for the Fomoco plug.. I stole this from the 5.0L guys and gals and I'll use whatever works.

I run one currently with a 400HP mill and uncoated headers with AC and can do traffic without anxiety. Its a two speed fan and I only need the low setting. It does require a high amp relay. Dakota digital makes the correct relay for a good price.

I have used Derale and Spal. Both excellent products too.