65 fury 3

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
65 fury 3

hello to all
i am here hoping somw one can show me the way to the light lol .
i have a 65 fury 3 . and i think the transmission is shot . so this is my plan i want to have it re-built or get a new one and replace it . but i dont know what to got were to start . i know that the motor is a 383 auto , on the tree not the floor and thats about all i know on it any help is alot for me i love this car and i dont like to see it park there . thank you for all the help
Old 02-15-2012, 06:13 PM
Mopar Lover

Location: Michigan: The First Line of Defense From The Canadians!
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
So, what are the symptoms? Fluid level OK? What does it look like? Smell like? Bright red, brown, smells "burnt"? I do know that small block, and Big block 727's are different [by the way, you have a 727 Torqueflite transmission]. So, if you are swapping, you need one for a big block.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:50 AM

Well the symptoms no smell. When I push on the gas it will move very slowly and then the car will go off and go nowhere. I was wondering on the fuel pump. if it’s not working properly
I have not check on the Fluid level or the color I will be doing all that this weekend i pland to replace the fluid abd filter . by the way thank you for the info and help
Old 02-20-2012, 12:37 PM

update the fluid is red . and i got to put here in the garage with out a problem .till i push on the the gas then she die on me . but she will start right up . and if i put it on Drive and push on the gas hard she will move but cut off right after
Old 03-04-2012, 06:50 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
A 65 Fury is a really cool car, and simple to work on, the bad news is a lot of stuff is one year only. Like your cable operated transmission.
Although this doesn't sound like the tranny.
When I push on the gas it will move very slowly and then the car will go off go nowhere.
Meaniing it dies when you step on the gas?
Kinda sounds like a weak spark to me.
Have you checked the points? Done a tune up?
Sounds more like you need a good tune up. How much do you know about such things. It's not hard to learn.
First thing I would do is get a factory service manual. Not a generic one unless that is all you can find. There will be a trouble shooting guide that you can take out to the car to help diagnose your problem