A727 Transmission Question - Mopar Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-05-2017, 05:31 PM   #1

A727 Transmission Question

I have a 1965 Dodge A100 van that has been sitting in the desert for the last 17 years. The shift cable (dashboard) was broken so I replaced it, changed the filter and fluid. Fluid was in good condition when I changed it. The drive shaft was off of it and it rolled easily. Now that I reconnected the drive shaft and ran it through the gears I can't get it to move. It's acts like it is locked in park. When shifting through the gears sounds like the transmission is engaging, the idle reduces as if it is under a load but no forward or backward movement. I checked the park lock cable on the shift lever and it moves properly. I have not checked the end that connects to the transmission. The screw that locks the cable down on the transmission has been broken off (by me). I am not familiar with how the park lock works, is it possible that the park lock cable is not working? If it is not working is this how the tranny would behave? Is it possible that the torque converter is stuck? Any advise/perspective is much appreciated!!
LVMoparMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 03:44 PM   #2
Mopar Lover

Raise rear wheels and turn them to see if trans yoke turns. Run it through the gears again and check fluid level.Next you may want to drain, remove pan and see if linkage is moving when each selection is made.
Coronet 500 is offline   Reply With Quote