In need of Assistance..Ron Francis Wiring Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 12:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In need of Assistance..Ron Francis Wiring Kit?

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has installed a Ron Francis Wiring kit for their Mopar. I own a 1977 Dodge Tradesman B200 Van which has thenew "Access 24/7" Wiring Package. My problem centers on the Ron Francis wiring to the NS (Nuetral Safety) Switch. I've followed the instructions in the kit and I have NO Ignition..... Engine will not crank. I've already spoke to "Larry", a technicion with the RF tech. dept. and explained everything to him. So far, his help has not netted me a positive result. If anyone has experience with this particular set-up, I'd like to hear.

Chris
Old 08-18-2011, 08:59 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 248 Likes on 241 Posts
Unfortunately, little Ronnie chooses not to make destruction manuals available for download

The NSS wiring should be no different than factory. Basically, you have a starter relay with two push-on terminals. Either one of those is connected to the 'start' signal coming from the ign switch, and the relay turns on when the second push on terminal gets ground through the NSS switch. So the second push on terminal goes down over the top of the transmission to the CENTER terminal of the NSS switch

All you have to do, then, is take a test lamp and check the following:

Check that one of the push on connectors is "hot" when you twist the key to start.

If so, check the other push on going to the NSS for voltage in start. There should be NONE. If there is, either the wire is bad, the NSS is not making contact, or the transmission linkage is not getting the trans into park/ neutral

If you have juice from the key, none at the second terminal (NSS side) and the relay won't engage, you probably have a bad relay.

Unhook the NSS, clip lead that terminal to ground.

Unhook the key (start) lead, and jumper that terminal to known hot battery terminal. IF the relay doesn't work, well then..... you've found er.