Vehicles for Sale Whole but do not need to be running

1967 Dodge Charger Mad Max Special

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1967 Dodge Charger Mad Max Special

Ok so I posted this here because I didn't see a project car or huge pile section, but I digress. I am in possession of a 1967 Dodge Charger factory big block car and when I bought it and a load of parts to go with it, it had no engine, no interior, no rear end, no glass, and no brakes. Now the 727 was still in the car being held up by bailing wire, and astonishingly enough after sitting for god knows how long nice clean red fluid came out. At this point in time, I have acquired a cast crank 440 from a junk yard that has very little mileage on it, there is still cross hatch in the cylinders the ports are very clean, intake and exhaust and there was no sludge in the RV pan when I went to swap on the B-Body pan. The trans needs a torque converter because the Hughes converter I got with it when I bought all those parts did not fit the input shaft (perhaps it is a 904 converter?). Among the other parts acquired were, no name rusty headers, a set of cal customs finned aluminum valve covers (the drivers side has a decent crack by the front most bolt, a little mig or tig welding from the inside will fix it right up), and 8 3/4 rear end with 3.23 gears open diff with adjustable end-play axles that still need to be set up, there is also a plastic fuel cell and the sending unit for a gas gauge (unfortunately I don't know the specs for the resistance), rear bumper, custom drivers side motor mount bracket that needs to be tuned up and welded to the k-member (one of the many previous owners for some reason cut it off), speaking of the k-member the car has the aluminum manual steering box, much of the trim is in a box in the car, all Chrysler factory equipment seat belts are there, the two original front seats are there don't know what happened to the rears (I do have a matching pair of grey tweed nova bucket seats with head rests that can be thrown in, I'm sure there is much I'm forgetting like some of the fabrication pieces that I have collected (the top of a 55 gallon drum, which I have, fits perfectly over the rust hole in the drivers side floor board, and I have enough sheet metal to make a custom dash/gauge cluster), but what I wanted to save for last is I have a set of 4 indy mag 5 window slot mags that have the perfect spacing for a B-body mopar. In one of the pictures you can see one on the back drivers side lies one of the 4 which has a 275/60r15 on it, all of the rims do but one of the tires (rear and not on the car) Has a torn bead and looks like someone shoved a tennis ball into the sidewall.
So obviously some assembly required and I'm not parting it out (if there's little stuff you want like trim I'll part those out but otherwise I want to sell it as a whole). The reason being is this car has been saved from the scrapper not once but twice, so I would really hate to see this thing go right to a wrecking yard after I sell it. So I'm really going to feel you out as a buyer to make sure you are committed to the ratty muscle car life, because to be 100% honest this thing is too far gone to even be considered for a restoration. So if you want to ride around in a 440 powered Mad Max mobile this is the Charger for you. Now at this point you are probably wondering, why would you be trying to sell this for any amount of money. The answer is simple, I have very bad luck with cars and as of today have taken my second daily driver out of commission due to understeer, and being a young kid with not a lot of money I no longer have room for 3 project cars and a freakin chevy that me and my dad are trying to sell. So I'm asking $4000 obo, because I feel obligated to pay my parents back for the truck I totaled, the one they bought for me after I wrecked my first daily. But that is another story. The car is located in Sedona, if you are interested give me a call at (928)-202-1406 the name is Morgan and the car is located in Sedona, Arizona.
Attached Thumbnails 1967 Dodge Charger Mad Max Special-img_0660.jpg   1967 Dodge Charger Mad Max Special-img_0661.jpg   1967 Dodge Charger Mad Max Special-img_0662.jpg   1967 Dodge Charger Mad Max Special-img_0663.jpg   1967 Dodge Charger Mad Max Special-img_0664.jpg  

1967 Dodge Charger Mad Max Special-img_0665.jpg   1967 Dodge Charger Mad Max Special-img_0666.jpg   1967 Dodge Charger Mad Max Special-img_0667.jpg   1967 Dodge Charger Mad Max Special-img_0668.jpg   1967 Dodge Charger Mad Max Special-img_0669.jpg  

1967 Dodge Charger Mad Max Special-img_0670.jpg   1967 Dodge Charger Mad Max Special-img_0671.jpg