General Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

making a lady mad with a hybird

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 08:18 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hate when people are like that pressing their opinions on others. You dont hear us complaining, glad to HEAR you handled it the way you did.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:12 PM
Mopar Fanatic

the only thing green about our old cars is everyone's envy.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:50 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
You should have thanked her for her sacrifice in driving a green car, enabling you to use the gas she saves.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:58 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Come on guys! Smarten up! You accomplish nothing but looking foolish if you cannot justify why you drive an old car.

There is a correct, intelligent answer that will put her in her place, and make her look the fool for driving a new vehicle.

Why do I drive this old car? Why do I think it is OK for me to burning up all the natural resources? I'M NOT. YOU ARE! Let me explain.

My 1968 Dodge dart was manufactured over 40 years ago. The manufacturing and assembly of this car and others like it made an impact on the environment that has long since "healed". How often does that hybrid driving A-Hole buy a new car? every three or four years? Maybe sooner? Let's just say it is four. That makes 10 new vehicles they have bought that have polluted our environment over and over again.

It is called MANUFACTURING EQUITY. For every new car, there are body panels, engines, interiors, wheels,...on and on. What happens to all those lead acid batteries after they are dead? How much does it cost to replace them? ( I can tell you, It is more than the vehicle is worth.) How are all those hybrid batteries going to affect the landfill? Think about it, every new vehicle has all new pieces that were made in some factory pumping out pollution and burning up fuel to manufacture. TEN TIMES AS MANY AS ME!

My vehicle is FREE to the environment. Sure there are tires that wear out, there are batteries that have been replaced, but not to the tune of how many times you (hybrid driver) have polluted our planet. IT IS VERY SELFISH OF THE HYBRID DRIVER to think they are due a new vehicle at the expense of destroying my environment.

The conversation goes deeper than this but do some homework, turn the tables on them, they are the wasteful ones for using up all our natural resources.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:17 AM
Mopar Fan

I don't now about any of your cars, but my car has a 318, 2 barrel carb, and high gears in the rear... I get mid to high teens. I drive a '03 cavalier most of the time to work and can get 34 mpg out on the road but I drove the belvedere to work 4 days last week and didn't spend much more on gas. I like driving the belvedere better anyway and thats what matters... our world is changing alot, and I think its still a free country...I think???
Old 03-26-2009, 09:38 AM
Admin

Received 200 Likes on 195 Posts
maybe she was just mad that her hybrid couldn't make the same noise?

Some people think that everyone should be following them and making the earth a safer, healthier, greener place. These are the same people that want to save the planet. The planet has been through a lot worse (plagues, earthquakes, storms, metors, etc.) I hardly think that the planet really sees us driving around in an older gas guzzler as a threat.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:58 PM
Little Demon

I drive a chevy silverado daily and it gets 12mpg highway. When people ask why I drive an old, loud, gass guzzling dinosaur, I tell them it is practicality. I need a truck for some things, I like the high ride height, and my 375hp truck can do a hell of a lot more than some stupid hybrid. When was the last time you saw a Prius eat up a trail, pull a trailer, or haul out a load of wood or a 10 point buck? I am allowed to drive whatever I want and whatever suits my needs. My simple answer for "why do you drive that thing?" BECAUSE I LIKE TO! Most gass guzzling old cars are way more versatile than these stupid new electric things. They also costed less new and they give us an opportunity to do what we love when they need work done on them.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:31 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 72RDRNR
the only thing green about our old cars is everyone's envy.
i would buy that decal
Old 03-26-2009, 06:04 PM
Little Demon

how about this 1 I saw once "If I'm going to hell, I'm going in a MOPAR!"
Old 03-26-2009, 10:47 PM
Mopar Lover

My responxe, it may be older and not as fuel efficient, but at least if My family gets hit in it, theyll walk away from it. you however will be hauled away in the meat wagon. is 15 extra miles to the gallon and 20 grams less hydrocarbons worth the lives of your kids or grandkids, ?? hey have a nice day and be real safe, treehugger.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:15 AM
Mopar Lover

I have to share this story. I was going into a coffee shop with the usual granola munchers sitting outside and I threw a cig butt into the street. I know I shouldnt do that and I know I shouldn't smoke but I do. So one of these pachouli wearing welfare cheque in bitches gets up and starts reading me the riot act about how long it takes the cotton in the filter to break down and baby seals and spotted owls. I wasn't in the best mood anyway so after she was done her little enviro-rant I smilled at her and ask her if she used TAMPONS.....nuff said.
So I say to hell with these overnight do gooders, just because we drive older cars doesn't make us the anti christ, they should look at the products they use and take a look in the mirror.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:08 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
haha
Old 03-29-2009, 10:23 AM

the average hybrid batter costs 5300 bucks and keeps its maximum efficiency for 3 years. within 6 most of them are completely dead. so you pay 30000 for a new car, then add up all the oil, gas, servicing, 3-9000 bucks for a battery and compare that to my 85 fifth avenue. i paid 500 for the car, most of my parts are recycled, im not paying some bank interest rates so they can get rich and if i want to i can go buy things without having to borrow a friends truck to tow it home. one of my neighbors just spent 6800 on a new battery for his car that had 102000 miles on it. ill keep the rich arab princes happy and drive my mopar.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:23 AM

oh i didnt just pull those specs out of my butt i got them from a dealer i know
Old 03-29-2009, 10:24 AM

who refuses to order hybrids for customers because he likes return business and if you bone them over with a tin and plastic ball of crap they wont come back to you.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:45 PM

well it will burn tires you cant beat the torque put out by electric motors.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:49 PM

whats your cordoba got in it?
Old 03-29-2009, 09:12 PM

Ugh....I hate "green" anything. Hybrid sales are failing miserably too.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:47 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mitchs66
I don't now about any of your cars, but my car has a 318, 2 barrel carb, and high gears in the rear... I get mid to high teens. I drive a '03 cavalier most of the time to work and can get 34 mpg out on the road but I drove the belvedere to work 4 days last week and didn't spend much more on gas. I like driving the belvedere better anyway and thats what matters... our world is changing alot, and I think its still a free country...I think???
I remember my 72 demon I had with a worn out 'teenr from my wrecked 67 belvedere got about 23mpg on the highway doing exactly 60 mph and that was loaded down with tools. I took out the back seat and put both my craftsman boxes, fully loaded back there [and with the trunk full also with clothes,tools etc.]{I was relocating} I decided to check my fuel mileage because it seemed like the fuel gauge had stopped/ malfunctioned. Much to my surprise.... Seems my heavy "around town leadfoot" mileage changed quite a bit after I got her out on the interstate and drove her steady. {tryin' to save money you know} This was a back lot special, $250, rust infested hand grenade that i had intended to use for a parts car. I slapped in the wornout 318/727 from the B'dere in without so much as a hosedown. I set the timing by ear cause it jumped around too much to use the timing light. Changed the plugs and wires and filed the points and set dwell best I could. [it still had the points dizzy!!!] Tried to tune the relic 2-bbl STROMBERG as best I could and was on my way. [2 NJ]
How it got 23mpg, can't explain. CANT HAVE THAT KINDA FUN IN A HYBRID.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:30 AM

Most people cant do much more than changing the brakes or oil on a hybrid without a masters degree from ITT tech or UTI. And most of the mechanics around here charge at least 40 bucks an hour to work on cars. on my car i can do just about everything myself with the help of a haynes manual except anything internal on the automatic transmission. they scare the hell out of me. i have rebuilt manual ones though.