Vehicles for Sale Whole but do not need to be running

49 Dodge Wayfarer (business coupe)

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
49 Dodge Wayfarer (business coupe)

This is a 1949 Dodge Wayfarer Coupe' (businessman’s)( 3 window)
The automobile is stock the exceptions are Coker Steel Wheels and Diamond-Back
wide whites on Hancook Radials AS4 (750 series) 225/70/15 stock were 760series.

This auto was a complete nut & bolt rotisserie restoration approximately 12 years ago.
Every panel was removed and the frame cleaned and painted. The restoration was very original in that the car isn't muddied up with undercoatings and tons of primer & paint. The under carriage was
painted the same as the exterior, the trunk area was prepped nicely then lightly shot.
The head liner and bench material is period correct in color and fabric. The maroon piping and trim are also period correct.
When I purchased the car it need mechanical work from lack of maintenance. The engine ran and still runs fine today. Plenty of pick up and go for a 105 horse power 230 cu. In flat 6cyl. This car runs out STRONG!
Here's what I addressed '

Engine
removed carb. and cleaned.
Removed lifter doors and applied new gaskets
Added correct era oil filter (optional in 1949)
Replaced rear main seal
Oil changed using
Replaced Coupler carbon seal, outer h. swap ring & retainer (everyone I could find) (machined two others)
Coupler was replenished using Kendall 10W in place of ISO 32 (couldn't find it)
Clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing, pilot bearing and fly wheel
Replaced transmission gasket during inspection. Reverse was replaced.
Replaced oil pan gasket (pan holes were distorted from over tightening, wood blocked them straight)
Radiator was cleaned and block side outlets opened and flushed (twice)
Replenished with Pres-tone Green anti-freeze
The thermostat was replaced with the correct two stage N.O.S part.
New plugs period correct wires and new rotor & cap.
All connectors and relays were checked for cleanliness and workability.

Frame, Front End, Rear End;

Aligned with new tires
New Kingpins
All new Brakes shoes/pads,
Wheel Cylinders
…...WC13597 rear wheel cyl.
…...R&R rear wheel
…...Front wheel cyl. 7041556 R&R
…...Brake lines.
…...existing hardware was in excellent condition, nothing needed.

The Frame is in excellent condition with plastic wraps still preserving the leafs
in the rear. The car is not over restored underneath but remains clean and proper.
The exhaust systems functions fine but is showing some age (none stainless)
There are multiple grease fittings that have been blown out using Marine Blue grease.
These fittings need to be addressed twice a year with normal car use! (Marine Blue is recommended)

Needed to finish;

The Vacuum Wiper Box under the dash (interior) needs to be removed. It needs to be greased and my bet is that the diaphragm is worn or damaged. I had the arms greased and they worked fine but the
box malfunctioned. This is not a big job at all and there are options such as converted added and use a
electric motor. I can assist on this project.

The second is the stock radio! It lights but the audio is gone. This unit can be removed from under the dash however it is a two man job! That thing is HEAVY! It is a great unit and can be refurbished by a fellow in Clearwater Fl. Who is known around the country for his antique radio refurbs.
This style radio has an on board speaker, he supplies the speaker and can add FM to the unit and a few extra watts for additional speakers. The base price for what I described is about 495.00.
Right now there is a unit in the glove box and speakers neatly mounted however the unit is not working. I left it there in case the brackets could be used if a more modern system was preferred.

I had just filled the fuel tank and the gas gauge has decided to not work!!!!!! It has never stopped working so I will try to get some help guessing it's the ground.

This car drives out strong and you can't go anywhere without people smiling and asking questions.
I love this car but I got older faster than it has. It needs to be driven often and I can't do it now.
My loss is your gain!!! This a Fluid Drive/ 3 speed/ 8 ¾ rear with 391 gearing!!!! 1949 Muscle!

Call for questions, come and drive it this car is a beauty, MoPar Power!

941 429 2043 Doc please no calls after 8pm eastern st. I will assist in shipping.

Many more pics available call me or email, thanks Doc. (njcorso@aol.com)
Attached Thumbnails 49 Dodge Wayfarer (business coupe)-dodge-013.jpg  
Old 08-04-2014, 06:18 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 46 Likes on 46 Posts
price?