New Members Feel free to introduce yourself.

Got a 73 Satellite wagon

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2022, 02:52 PM
Mopar Fan

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by RacerHog
Hummmmm..See Highlighted in Post. When? I have been working at the old Edison Yard for the last 35 years.... Hahahahahahah Boy this world is small....
The one on Barranca and San Bernardino Road? I started there in 1980 when it was still the Edison yard. Then they moved to San Dimas shortly after I hired on. I worked for Edison 36 years.
Old 07-15-2022, 03:48 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 872 Likes on 851 Posts
Yes Sir !!!!! Thats the spot !!!!
It got turned into the City of Covina Department of Public Works... I started work at that yard in 1988 working in the motorpool... I hope i stole your parking spot !!!!! lol

I am going to be retiring next August 2023.... That will ne my 35th year... Just getting to old and broken up to be working on cars and equipment all dam day... lucky im only on a 4/10 workweek... Mon-Thur..

Last edited by RacerHog; 07-15-2022 at 03:52 PM.
Old 07-15-2022, 10:36 PM
Mopar Fan

Congratulations on your retirement. I've been retired for 6 years now. It's a little weird at first. After spending a lifetime punching a time clock it's strange not to have to do it anymore. But you'll get used to that quick I don't even know what day it is half the time anymore. What do I care. I've got nothing to do. Unless my wife tells me to do something...Then I do.

I grew up in Covina. Born at Intercommunity Hospital. Graduated from Covina High. I still own a house there but I don't go there. My brother lives in it and he's an A-hole. ( we all have one right?) .

You work right down the street from Capri Deli. They used to make a mean roast beef sandwich. But the last one I had wasn't so great. Maybe I caught them on an off night. I would go to the place on the corner. I don't remember the name. But it used to be a Pup N Taco or something. like that. They had good burgers. And the taco place on San Bernardino that would build your taco. with whatever fixings you wanted. They were good but kind of expensive.
Old 07-16-2022, 06:34 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 872 Likes on 851 Posts
Thanks, 12 more months to go... Will see if I like the retirement thing... lol

Still got a house in Covina... Wow... It sure has changed a lot.. The old home town feeling is going away fast... I'm sure that's what makes your brother what you say he is? I know its giving me a bad attitude. lol... Way more trouble down here these days.

Capri Deli is still a great go too place... Good Food... The old Pup-N-Taco is now a burger stand "It sucks"... The burger stand next to the gas station that was on the corner, it is called Covina Burger it has good food. That Taco place went under thanks to Covid-19 regulations at the time and never came back, But i'm not sure, however they could just be doing the street taco thing? that has become very popular around here!

I'm sure you already know that the old Colley Ford has been turned into Condos and the old Clippinger Chevrolet is about to be torn down and made into condos also.
Costa's restaurant down by Grand ave is still a nice sit down place. Millies is still good.
I sure that up there the Pizza still suck because once you have Petrillo's Pizza its hard to find anything better... lol
Old 07-16-2022, 09:02 AM
Mopar Fan

I was in Covina a couple of months ago. Yeah, it's changed quite a bit. Reynolds Buick is still there but it's all GMC trucks now. I didn't any Buicks. Clippinger moved a long time ago. Last I saw they had a big place on Azusa by the 10 freeway. Same as Colley. The had a big place on Lone Hill next to Glendora Chevrolet. I'd take my truck there for service. I knew Fred Colley. Not well . He was a friend of a friend.
I also knew Chis Petrillo. He wasn't in the business. They do make some darn good pizza. But I liked Warehouse Pizza in downtown Laverne better. I lived right by it for a while. Ate a lot of pizza. If you go there bring money because they don't take credit cards and there's always a line. But there's also a bar so I never minded the wait.

They sure are building a lot condos now. My buddy sold his house in Glendora and they just tore it down for the condo's coming in. And It was a nice house too.

Last edited by Fatty Satty; 07-16-2022 at 09:06 AM.
The following users liked this post:
RacerHog (07-16-2022)