Pulse plugs

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 59 Likes on 59 Posts
Pulse plugs

Has anyone used Pulse Plugs? They're wicked expensive, but they make some tall claims and back them with a 30 day money back guarantee. I'm trying to figure out if they're legit before buying a set for my 01 Ram in an attempt to increase fuel mileage.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:34 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 386 Likes on 381 Posts
Just buy some good Champion plugs !!
Old 11-07-2012, 03:15 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 59 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by TVLynn
Just buy some good Champion plugs !!
That's what I run in the Charger, never let me down. Just heard Pulse's claims and thought I'd look into 'em for the Ram.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:09 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 103 Likes on 103 Posts
Smile

never heard of em wats there claim better gas mileage did u Google them
live used champions all my life once bosh platinum they couldn't handle the old school performance i stay with wat works never had an issue with champions the claim that a plug can better burn the fuel is not realistic to me if your looking for a mufti spark why not get a ignition box with multi spark
im going to Google them see wat they are about

Last edited by Gorts 5th; 11-07-2012 at 05:25 AM.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:12 AM
Mopar Lover

Smile this is wat i found

Conclusion : "Designer" Spark Plugs.

If you've never changed your spark plugs, putting almost any brand of new plug in your engine will yield some change to your vehicle's characteristics - normally a slightly increased gas mileage and slightly increased horsepower. With the Pulstar plugs, the average gas-mileage went down slightly over the course of the test. This bears out similar reports from other group tests of these spark plugs published elsewhere on the web.
Horsepower did go up but only slightly using the testing method here. As I said above, it's not the absolute value that is important - it's the difference between the before and after figures. In this case half a horsepower equates to about 0.4% difference. Any sort of dyno testing whether it be rolling road or dynamic in-car testing like this will typically have an error tolerance of about 5% so the difference in horsepower results in this case is negligible.
I rated the plugs as 2 stars because they're good quality plugs and make fine replacements for anything you might have in your engine right now. But they simply do not live up to the claims made in the advertising.
Photos of the plugs after 4 months in use

Read more: http://www.carbibles.com/productrevi...#ixzz2BXcnvsr3

i also noticed they make allot of electronics im familiar with the music recording industry have my own recording software Steinberg cubase se and a few others
music engineering is one of my fortes
and i had my own club for 10 yrs but i never heard of this company until now
that doesn't mean they don't make quality equipment
my experience with bosh platinum plugs led me back to champions i feel the new modern plug may work well with modern fuel injection but not so much with carb old school motors so the review above says its not worth 12.95 apiece
Old 11-07-2012, 05:56 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts
Our experience bears this out also , a friend has a Super Stock Hemi Cuda & was looking for any possible gain in HP & took the engine & 20 types of spark plugs to the dyno the result were clear the more $ spent on the plug the more HP was LOST , the basic $2 Champion or Autolite made the most power . msd type ign are a joke as well they multi spark until 3000 rpm so just as you get into the real powerband where the load is they quit firing more than once making them just a regular ign system !
Old 11-07-2012, 06:02 AM
Mopar Lover

Smile

there you go i agree
i keep my ignition simple
no ignition box
just a coil and rotor a very powerful coil and a large gap
Mallory and Mallory, medium ohm wires and champions
Old 11-07-2012, 08:14 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 248 Likes on 241 Posts
This kind of crap -- and crap is what it is-- has been around since the Model T. I used to have advertisements out of old magazines of some sort of "fire booster", "air gap" or other thing. JC Whitney had their version, "fire injectors" I think they were called..........when I was a kid in the early 60s.

Here's a read:

http://people.ucalgary.ca/~csimpson/...es/GMiser.html

and just about any gadget with "super" or "turbo" as the prefix

EDIT just got back from finding the pulse website,

http://www.offroaders.com/directory/...Pulse-Plug.htm

and I can tell you that ALL OF IT is pure bullshit. There is simply no other way to describe it.

Last edited by 440roadrunner; 11-07-2012 at 08:16 AM.