Better wiring diagram

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2020, 07:57 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 66 Likes on 62 Posts
Better wiring diagram

My 69 Satellite has an electrical problem. The brake lights do not work. The tail lights and turn signals work fine. There is no power to the brake switch. Upon checking the fuses, I found the fuse is blown. The second I put in a new fuse, it blows. I disconnected the brake switch and it still blows. This same fuse powers the interior lighting and I am not sure what else. I have a 69 Plymouth service manual but it does not show me the fuse block or where the wire that feeds the brake and lighting circuit split off so I can start eliminating circuits to chase the fault down. Before I dig deep under the dash, I would like to have a better diagram to follow. Does someone know of a site to download a better diagram or point me to the area where the power for this comes together. Can somebody tell me what else this fuse protects besides brake lights and interior lighting.
Any "leads" will be appreciated.
Old 06-23-2020, 01:33 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 872 Likes on 851 Posts
Have you tried the Diagram over at MYMOPAR.COM under the TOOLS/REF..???
Power is good coming in... Just shorted going out?
The following users liked this post:
fivepoint (06-23-2020)
Old 06-23-2020, 02:26 PM
Mopar Lover

Bob, I will check that site out for a diagram. Yes it has power at the fuse but the second I push a new fuse in, it blows. I see the interior lights flicker before the fuse blows and the test light on the brake switch flickers. I'm not sure what else the fuse powers.
Old 06-23-2020, 05:40 PM
Mopar Lover

Bob, Thanks again for sending me to MYMOPAR. I have never been to that website. The diagrams are better than the one in my manual. It will be very helpful when I get into troubleshooting under the dash. There is a lot of information on that site. Hope all is well and virus-free with you and the family. Car shows an cruise-ins are just starting to happen again here with the social distance and small gathering rules easing up. Its OK though, I have more time to get things done at home.
Old 06-24-2020, 01:47 PM
Mopar Lover

Your always welcome my friend..... With that I will throw in a note.... I am not sure (Been awhile) if the wiring runs down the left or the right side of the car? I want to say its the left/drivers side? But pull the sill plates and have a look at that wiring along with the headlight dimmer switch area.... Most of that get a pretty good work out on the wiring and may be having an issue?
Anyways, Hope you find the issue. hope this might help lead you in the rite direction... Your friend out WEST !!!!!
FYI. I am on MYMOPAR under BOB HOGAN...
Old 06-28-2020, 06:28 PM
Mopar Lover

After looking over the diagram, the fuse that protects the brake lights also protects the interior lights. The brake light wire is also goes to the emergency flasher. Looked at the flasher and found the plastic case had cracked and the inner parts of the flasher had grounded itself to the clip that holds the flasher in place. Replaced the flasher and it all works as advertised. I think this winter I may upgrade the fuse block to split some of those circuits up and go with newer style fuses.
Old 06-29-2020, 07:37 PM
Mopar Lover

Some times it the simple things that goes wrong..... Happy to hear it was an easy fix !!!!!