Looking for former owners... AAR CUDA

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 08:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for former owners... AAR CUDA

I have a ’70 Plymouth AAR Cuda (Rallye Red, Black Vinyl top) that I have been able to trace back to Randolph, (Morris County) New Jersey, mid 1980's. Last known owner during this period was an individual with the last name of Naylor that sold to Humphries (friends) who then moved to Berlin, MD. with the car. I have registered the VIN with several web sites, namely transamcuda.com, aarchives.com and aar/ta.com in pursuit of this. Based on a suggestion from an individual from cuda-challenger.com, I have contacted Dover Chrysler Plymouth in Randolph, New Jersey in hopes that they were dealer that delivered the car new, I know it’s a shot in the dark! Apparently the car frequented some drag strip in the Randolph, New Jersey area as well. I have also contacted the New Jersey MVC (Motor Vehicle Commission), they only confirmed the information that I have about Mr. Humphries owning the car in 1985, but all other records before this time had been purged. I tried the Chrysler Historical Society but those records were destroyed. I have even gone as far as asking Mopor Muscle Magazine to create a monthly department for those of us looking for former owners. What better way to reach 750,000 people!

So, now I’m appealing to the Mopar community in an effort to try and find former owners. I have put together a (simple) web site about the car... http://members.***.net/rabys/ So, if anyone out there has some spare time, take a look, pass it on and hopefully I'll get a hit on a former owner! There is a link to a ‘flyer’ at the bottom of the home page, if you’re going to a car show or club meeting in the New England area, please download it and take it along.

Thanks, I appreciate any information that you can provide about this car.

Stan
rabys@***.net
Old 11-23-2006, 10:32 AM

AAR With Vinyl

The black Vinyl Top (V1X option) was only available with the Rallye Red body color (FE5) on the AARs.
Old 11-25-2006, 08:46 PM

AAR Cuda V1X

Not really, I think the most common color was FE5, though not sure of the mix of vinyl top vs not vinyl top.