Need experts comments on my illustrations

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 07:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need experts comments on my illustrations

Good morning guys.

I hope you - the experts - could help me with my project.
I'm trying to design of the e body as authentic as possible.
I want the illustrations to be perfectly accurate as for the way the cars came out of the assembly lines.
Right rims and trims, no 3rd party accessories, correct tire brand and sizes etc...

Unfortunately and as much as I would love, I'm not a Mopar expert, and I may have made few mistakes.

So let's start with the 1970 model:

Need experts comments on my illustrations-1970_340_cp.png
Need experts comments on my illustrations-1970_383_cp.png
Need experts comments on my illustrations-1970_440_cp.png
Need experts comments on my illustrations-1970_440_cv.png
Need experts comments on my illustrations-1970_aar.png
Need experts comments on my illustrations-1970_gen_cp.png
Need experts comments on my illustrations-1970_hemi_cp.png

Thanks for your help
Old 04-12-2017, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator

Received 496 Likes on 479 Posts
What are they for?
Old 04-12-2017, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

And why should we care?
Old 04-13-2017, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Iowan
And why should we care?
Hm, how to explain that... without advertising...

I have a business of apparel and accessories for classic cars. I have covered most of the classic european cars, and I'm now launching the classic Americans.

I have created a pretty complete collection of AMCs, and I'm now designing the 60s and 70s Plymouth collection. As I was saying earlier in the thread, all my work is based on being very accurate and authentic. I want the cars to be the way they came out of the factory lines - correct trims, emblems, wheels and rims etc.

My designs are pretty simple as they are only showing the car's profiles, nothing fancy, just a cool and simple design (I hope at least), and I have encountered a pretty nice success with that approach.

While designing the AMCs, I signed up to a forum, and members brought their expertise as correct tire brand and rims, emblems, options, etc and also received requests for other designs. It was a very pleasant learning experience, and sharing knowledge about AMC and the designs were very accurate.

I'm a car guy, I owned several Classics since age 15 (1955 Cadillac Coupe), but as I said my expertise has limits, and to be honest I have a very poor knowledge of Mopars. I'm from overseas (living in CA now), and Mopars were not really exported at that time.

Now, what for you in it... Well sharing your passion and knowledge
... and if you allowed me, a nice discount on all products of my store for all the forum's members!!

Have a great day
Patrick
Old 04-13-2017, 09:45 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 170 Likes on 166 Posts
Patrick -

I like your work, but a lot of us here aren't into the type of "restoration correct" information (and detail) you are looking for. I think a lot of the original sale brochures for those cars can be found on line, or on eBay. Also, exact dimensions probably aren't necessary when scaling down to 1/18 - 125 scale or smaller, close enough is close enough. There were also wheel and tire options for each model year and package, and depending on the software you are using for your drawings, you should be able to mix/match wheel designs and tire markings for a more custom look, heck adding a few of the more after market wheels (Crager SS, Keystone, etc) might increase the marketability - just a thought.

Archer
The following users liked this post:
LegendLines (04-13-2017)
Old 04-13-2017, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Archer
Patrick -

I like your work, but a lot of us here aren't into the type of "restoration correct" information (and detail) you are looking for. I think a lot of the original sale brochures for those cars can be found on line, or on eBay. Also, exact dimensions probably aren't necessary when scaling down to 1/18 - 125 scale or smaller, close enough is close enough. There were also wheel and tire options for each model year and package, and depending on the software you are using for your drawings, you should be able to mix/match wheel designs and tire markings for a more custom look, heck adding a few of the more after market wheels (Crager SS, Keystone, etc) might increase the marketability - just a thought.

Archer
Hi Archer, thank you for your answer.
Yep, not easy to be "period correct" and "customized" ride looks so great too, and as you said, may even increase sales too.
I did a research on the original sale brochures, it helped a lot... but, as you said again, so many options and packages.
Thank you again for your inputs, I greatly appreciate.
Patrick
Old 04-13-2017, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator

I wasn't sure what you wanted but I think Archer said it all.
Old 04-14-2017, 12:54 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 869 Likes on 848 Posts
I think you did an Awesome just for a Black and White.... I like it... Looks good to me...