I am 98% sure that this will be mine..1989 Shelby Dakota

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator

Received 181 Likes on 170 Posts
Originally Posted by BonesDT
Hey, I posted on your thread on moparmusclemagazine.com but maybe you didn't see it.

I really love your truck and it's providing me with motivation for my frame off resto I'm in the middle of right now.

Where did you get your rims done? It's an immaculate job!

Also, I noticed you converted to R-134a refrigerant. Did you have to replace all the hoses & components or did you just replace the drier & compressor? I had concerns about the in-line filter-thing on the hose right on top of the compressor. Did you buy a new hose or did you just flush through this?
A local tire store media blasted them and powder coated them. I flushed all the hoses and evaporator coil and condensor coil. I bought a new compressor, drier and expansions valve. Shortly after that I blew a hole in one of the lines and found a place that would repair the rubber sections of the hoses and it's colder than ever now.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, could you (or anyone else with a Shelby Dak) do me a favor and take a picture of the passenger-side exhaust manifold?

My SD came without the Air Heater shield that bolts to the manifold. I wanted to see exactly how this heater looks so I can try to fab one up (I have a 3.9L heater I can modify). Also, I wanted to see how the manifold bolts/studs/washers/nuts are configured on that manifold since a lot of mine were broken and I don't know if they were supposed to be bolts or studs/nuts. I'm trying to be correct.

FYI: YearOne makes a nice Reprop Exhaust Manifold Hardware Kit for the 318 (AKC8062 or AKC8023) and I want to make sure I get the right combo of studs & bolts.

Also, I noticed my SD's Charcoal Canister was mounted on the passenger wheel well as opposed to the radiator support as it is on all other Daks. I sifted through all the Chrysler documentation and they don't explain this change. Is this correct for the SD?
Old 06-15-2013, 11:09 AM
Administrator with a large ban hammer !

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Original owner 1987,not a Shelby, but still interesting. bought it just as it sits off the dealer lot, never saw one like this before
Attached Thumbnails I am 98% sure that this will be mine..1989 Shelby Dakota-dscf1972.jpg   I am 98% sure that this will be mine..1989 Shelby Dakota-dscf1973.jpg  
Old 07-20-2013, 09:34 AM

Hey, could you (or anyone else with a Shelby Dak) do me a favor and take a picture of the passenger-side exhaust manifold?

My SD came without the Air Heater shield that bolts to the manifold. I wanted to see exactly how this heater looks so I can try to fab one up (I have a 3.9L heater I can modify). Also, I wanted to see how the manifold bolts/studs/washers/nuts are configured on that manifold since a lot of mine were broken and I don't know if they were supposed to be bolts or studs/nuts. I'm trying to be correct.

FYI: YearOne makes a nice Reprop Exhaust Manifold Hardware Kit for the 318 (AKC8062 or AKC8023) and I want to make sure I get the right combo of studs & bolts.

Also, I noticed my SD's Charcoal Canister was mounted on the passenger wheel well as opposed to the radiator support as it is on all other Daks. I sifted through all the Chrysler documentation and they don't explain this change. Is this correct for the SD?
Bump
Old 01-31-2014, 06:54 PM

I wanted to see exactly how this heater looks so I can try to fab one up (I have a 3.9L heater I can modify). Also, I wanted to see how the manifold bolts/studs/washers/nuts are configured on that manifold since a lot of mine were broken and I don't know if they were supposed to be bolts or studs/nuts. I'm trying to be correct.

Anyone? Would be much appreciated, thanks!