First Car Show

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 07:58 AM
Mopar Fan

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
First Car Show

Yesterday, September 7 was the annual Cider Run event in Nashville Indiana. I was told there were approximately 400 cars there. One of them was my '41 Plymouth Special Deluxe. Most of the entries were modified some way, from simply new gages to some real chop jobs--there were only a few cars there (like mine) in original condition. This was the first show I have participated in, and it was a rush! Think maybe we could start a forum for future meets?

Bruce
Old 09-08-2013, 08:53 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
Congrats on your first show, here are a few points to think about when at a car show.
#1-Not everyone has or likes a bone stock classic. [unless it's a show for those type only].
#2-you may not always get a trophy [you may never get one].
#3-don't judge others cars or work [if you don't have something nice to say don't say nothing]
#4- the best trophy is when some one comments "you did a great job, nice car"
#5-if your only interested in trophy's then quit while your ahead sooner or later you'll be disappointed.
I have been in this hobby for close to 25 years I got over the trophy fever after about a year with my first full build truck [my friend and I built it in 8 weeks] won a lot of trophy's with that truck and was getting upset when they became fewer and fewer I even quit going to shows and did not even drive my truck [didn't even go into the garage to look at it] for over 3 years all I did was work and fish [I sold the truck during that time]. I started to miss it and built one of my drivers for show it was a four door and not a hotrod but I started enjoying it again, in 2006 I started looking for a car to build for show only and found my 66 Cuda it's an original car and I have upgraded the front to disk added wheels and dual exhaust I don't get trophy's with it but I go for the fellowship and to look at others cars. I enjoy this hobby/cars more than anything in my life [except family] I don't give a damn about negative comments or trophy's anymore just the drive to and from is a joy, the thumbs up and nice car is enough for me! Enjoy your classic, show that car off and have fun we are only care takers of a rolling pieces of history nothing else matters when your behind the wheel or sitting next to it answering questions!!!!!

I'm not trying to be an *** just voicing my opinions due to one comment you made-
"simply new gauges to some real chop jobs" remember these people are just as proud of what they have as you are, you may not like it but that's your opinion.

Have fun enjoy the shows. As for me I love seeing a bone stock original car at shows every one has hotrods that's easy to do but putting one back to stock with stock parts is a massive undertaking my hats off to you nice job!!!!!!
The following users liked this post:
mr340 (09-08-2013)
Old 09-08-2013, 11:15 AM
Administrator with a large ban hammer !

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Lou said everything I was thinking, couldn't have said it better myself. Enjoy the car and enjoy the hobby, If you're chasing trophies, you're in it for fame not for fun!
Old 09-08-2013, 11:56 AM
Mopar Fan

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I didn't mean to offend anybody OR pass judgment--my use of the word "chop job" was only meant to indicate that the bodies some of the cars were highly modified from their original condition. These guys showed a lot of ingenuity and imagination in how they reworked their cars, and I enjoyed seeing them as much as any of the other entries.

Bruce
Old 09-08-2013, 12:37 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 879 Likes on 858 Posts
I Hope you win all the Stock Classes.... You Go Bruce.... My Votes on you man...
Old 09-08-2013, 02:59 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
I'm sorry you were using old school hotrod language [my bad I jumped to conclusions] glad you had a good time and you have an unusual car [most of them are rodded out] have fun and welcome to the forum!!! If you don't have pictures posted please do we would love to see them!!!!
Old 09-11-2013, 04:23 AM
Mopar Fan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah,
It's all about simply enjoying/sharing your own ride and everybody else's when at a show.

Couldn't give a rats a** about winning any trophy myself.

The best feeling I've ever had in my life happened last year, right after I got my current ride, a 1966 Plymouth Satellite. Was driving past a Harley Davidson dealership that had the parking lot loaded with bikers who were getting ready to take off on the annual Sandy Corley Memorial run, a benefit for cancer. As I was driving past, they all were pumping their thumbs in the air! Man, did my head swell!! How much bigger of a compliment can you get than having a parking lot full of bikers acknowledge your car?
Old 09-11-2013, 11:09 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 145 Likes on 141 Posts
I took my car out for a cruise a couple of week ago and went into get a drink at a convien. store and when I came out there was a group of people standing looking at my car.. One guy was taking a picture of his hotty girl friend next to the car..I should of said Ill trade you my ride for yours but I was polite and kept quite.. It diffently feels good when people say wow thats a nice car...Bill