junkyard stories

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 07:32 PM
Mopar Fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
junkyard stories

who has got one? i want to hear it.

i was at a pick n pull and a car adjacent to me caught on fire, i kept working, then the fire got huge, next thing i know they are on the loud speaker sayn to evacuate. it set like 5 cars on fire by the end of it

groundhog in a glovebox or something?
Old 06-21-2010, 02:38 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
We stopped at a junkyard in eastern KY and found a pretty complete 70 Sport Satellite. As we were negotiating price for some fairly small stuff, one of us asked what he would take for whatever we wanted to pull from the car. He told us $50 and we could take whatever we liked. WRONG answer. There were 3 of us and an Astro van. We took both doors, seats, glass, bumpers, ANYTHING we could get off that car in about 2 hours. You almost couldn't get into the van when we were done. Van got stuck in the yard, and the owner even got his farm tractor and pulled us out.

The guy who showed the other guy and me where the yard was went back a couple weeks later, and reminded the owner he was one of the ones who got the parts off the Satellite, and the owner jumpped up, cussed him some and told him he should whip his A@@. Things calmed down tho, and we even went back.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:46 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had found a '71 Charger shell with all the glass still intact, was going to buy the whole thing, even had a bed ready for it all, was only going to pay $250 in RI, went in to talk to the owner of the place, heard a loud crash and a pile of 10 cars stacked high fell over, one completely crushed everything I was about to pay for.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:50 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have actually two both happen to be high end Mopars

Story 1

I had a 91 ford truck given to me for my first vehicle and it needed the shifter and all the linkage for the transmission so I decided to vistit a local junk yard that happens to only carry 80's to present parts until I got looking around. I found a 69 R/T charger hiding between two run down school buses near the back corner of the property all intact everything seemed to be there in good shape so I asked about it and he said that it came with property when he bought it and he wasnt going to sell it because he wanted to restore it that was about 9 years ago i was recently in there about 3 months ago getting parts for a buick and it still sits there only this time its rusted badly in the quarters and its missing the glass so I imagine the car floor and interior is junk as well.

Story 2

I have always dreamed of a 70-71 Cuda / Barracuda since like the age of 7. To this day I still dont have one GEE I wonder why lol $$$. a few years back about 3 I think I got talking with a buddy of mine at school about mopars and he said that his uncle has a barracuda sitting in his back yard. I asked if I could see it. what a mistake it was about a week later I walked through the back gates tears fell from my eyes as I laid my eyes on a garbage/grass covered 1970 AAR Cuda. the car had been there 10 years. The Car collected every piece of junk the people had in the yard over the years. It was in and on the car. No glass no shelter and no hood the car was totaled there was every type of critter you could think of living in that car. the engine had so much mold and moss on it I had to ask if it was a mopar motor. the front half of the car up to the start of the rear quarters was good being that moss took it over the back half had been wraped around another car I offered 1500 as it sat he refused and the car went to the crusher last year. To this day I havent spoke to him.