Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Married Mopar owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 04:33 PM
thinkin with me dipstick

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
this is where man-cards are earned or lost... we've lost quite a few good men-
buy the car, batten down the hatches and ride out the storm...
we'll see you on the other side

think of it this way, its the charger or this hat and a saturday spent at bed, bath and beyond followed up by ikea hijinks...

Last edited by johnthegoalie; 01-12-2010 at 04:36 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:32 PM
Mopar Lover

Location: Michigan: The First Line of Defense From The Canadians!
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
We are in DEEP DOO-DOO right now at my house. However my wife has not had a real job in the last 5 years, and spends money like a drunken sailor, since I married her. Nor have her lazy adult kids which I am prohibited from trying to "Motivate"! [US Army SGT, 11yrs!] Mortgage is late and the father-in-law said I should sell my Harleys and do the "right" thing for his little girl! HAAAHAAAA! They were here before her, and will be here after her! I told him had I known what a lazy slacker his little girl was, there would have been a significant dowery paid by him before the wedding! Which I paid for by the way! I am pulling-the-pin on things cause "this dog just dont hunt"! I learned my lesson.

Last edited by scotts74birds; 01-12-2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:52 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
At least a car doesn't argue with you or make demands
Old 01-12-2010, 07:28 PM
Mopar Lover

With a car.....you get out of it what you put into it! Cant say the same for a marriage!
Old 01-13-2010, 01:10 AM
Mopar Fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im with mack grow some ***** and get the car.my missus isnt that thrilled about the car but understands ive had it longer than her and thats the way it is
Old 01-13-2010, 03:22 AM
Admin

Received 200 Likes on 195 Posts
As long as she is understanding of everything, there shouldn't be a problem. But then again, women do change their minds.

I'd like to see what Morrigan Aria has to say about this. I'm sure that she would tell you to get the car and a new woman who loves Mopar vehicles.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:18 AM
Mopar Fanatic

okay lets hear it I gave in im ready yell at me.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:02 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 117 Likes on 115 Posts
Originally Posted by Zach8200

Hey I'm not going to yell at you.. You made the decision and it was yours to make. Just remember you have set the rules now. Or should I say SHE has set the rules. I say jump and you say "Yes Dear and just how high should I jump". But you have made that decision and I will stand behind you with it......
Old 01-14-2010, 07:19 AM
Admin

Received 200 Likes on 195 Posts
You can blame it on us. We are really bad influences on people.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:19 AM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by MReeves
Hey I'm not going to yell at you.. You made the decision and it was yours to make. Just remember you have set the rules now. Or should I say SHE has set the rules. I say jump and you say "Yes Dear and just how high should I jump". But you have made that decision and I will stand behind you with it......

X2 Just remember when the time comes for another project don't waste your time asking her,you already know the answer.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:47 AM
thinkin with me dipstick

a moment of silence, fellers... so sad to see a man go down in his prime.
the only thing left is the musical tribute to commerate the brief time him and his man card ahd together
Old 01-14-2010, 11:31 AM
Mopar Fanatic

well i still have the road runner ill just be old and frickin gray before my dad decides to do anything with it
Old 01-14-2010, 12:59 PM
Mopar Lover

well i still have the road runner ill just be old and frickin gray before my dad decides to do anything with it
Heck don't wait go get the Charger and don't tell her. You don't want to be my age just starting to do this as a hobby. Everyone got put first in my family and me never got put in for 2ns,3rd,4th get the picture?

Wait til my wife finds out I bought another B body today.

Last edited by old tired rebel; 01-14-2010 at 01:02 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:53 PM
Mopar Lover

Maybe you she can use YOUR car money for HER new purse. Need a place to store the "boys" after all!
Old 01-14-2010, 08:25 PM
thinkin with me dipstick

have fun picking out china sets and drapes this weekend
Old 01-14-2010, 09:02 PM
Mopar Lover

Oooooo! Did someone say "antiquing"!
Old 01-14-2010, 11:59 PM
Mopar Fan

Originally Posted by scotts74birds
Oooooo! Did someone say "antiquing"!
antiqueing sux **** but it save the moaning about the car.a trip or two to the markets saves the ears alot and sometimes i even find usefull things.but the car is always number 1
Old 01-15-2010, 08:32 AM
Hell kitten

Alright, so I am back on here again and wow, what a doozy of a thread this is.

78D200 wanted to know what I think on this, and he is right. Buy the car. Get a new broad.

I've had my 67 through two divorces now. Neither were car guys. I bought her with MY MONEY. I bought my Arabian stallion with MY MONEY. Ex #2 wanted me to sell MY car b/c I bought MY horse. Well....I have the car and the horse and not him. Yeah so I'm dating a "Ford guy", but at least he likes cars (and he bought himself a 69 Dodge truck. YAY!). Same guy bought me my 413 long block for my birthday. Cars/hotrods/trucks are a big part of our life and it's GREAT.

He told me I'm crazy for wanting this Max Wedge build and oh-Mopars-are-so-expensive-to-build-like this. And my reply? So F#%#g what! It's my car and she's the only thing I've managed to have a relationship with for over 10 years (14, actually). Doesn't she deserve this? I think so.

Imagine what you could buy for your car with the money you spent on that rock hiding in your house. Hello? Can you say Mancini Racing? Mopar Performance? Legendary interiors? Year One? I'm sorry, they can't hear you either.

Sweetie, the right broad is out there for you. You may love her alot, but if she cannot love the things about you that make you, well...YOU, then run the hell away yesterday. IT ISN'T GOING TO GET BETTER. You don't have to enjoy everything about the other person, but she should at least tolerate it and smile about it. Sometimes it is our similarities that we like about one another, but at the risk of becoming Siamese twins, you should also have some different hobbies.

Also, point out to her the good points, if you feel obligated: You're at home. In the garage. Working on your car. Spending money on your car. A nostalgic piece of Americana.

Not out at the bar spending money on some other woman.

My "Ford guy" has a mistress. Her name is Music. She and I have reached a truce. I adore Music but she consumes much of his life. I have another lover too, and that is my Career. He has come to terms and accepts that of me. Both of these place large demands on our time and energy.

Surely there is some hobby of hers you don't enjoy. I do enjoy shopping, I have my nails done sometimes, I love shoes and makeup and expensive watches. So? So I also LOVE my cars, I like his cars, our friends are car people and she is going to be a wet blanket every time you work on that car, everytime your car buddies come hang out she will pout and stomp her foot and make you feel like an A-hole. Unless she can come to terms with it.

If SHE loves YOU, she will be understanding. She doesn't have to love it, but she really doesn't have much of a reason to be JEALOUS. And that's what it is all about. Jealousy and keeping up with the Jones' apparently.

There's the long version of my two cents.

Last edited by Morrigan_Aria; 01-15-2010 at 08:43 AM. Reason: can't speel or type fir shyte
Old 01-17-2010, 09:34 AM
Mopar Lover

Get the car. Women come and go, but the car will always be there. If she puts her happiness before yours now, as all the others have said, it will only get worse.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:16 AM
Mopar Fanatic

get the car. then cover it, have her come over, and have her cover her eyes.

go over to the car and un-cover it and yell surprise!! then when she starts yelling just play dumb, like you thought she would like it.

then when she says to return it, say the guy wont.

done deal
Old 01-17-2010, 11:42 AM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by Morrigan_Aria
Alright, so I am back on here again and wow, what a doozy of a thread this is.

78D200 wanted to know what I think on this, and he is right. Buy the car. Get a new broad.

I've had my 67 through two divorces now. Neither were car guys. I bought her with MY MONEY. I bought my Arabian stallion with MY MONEY. Ex #2 wanted me to sell MY car b/c I bought MY horse. Well....I have the car and the horse and not him. Yeah so I'm dating a "Ford guy", but at least he likes cars (and he bought himself a 69 Dodge truck. YAY!). Same guy bought me my 413 long block for my birthday. Cars/hotrods/trucks are a big part of our life and it's GREAT.

He told me I'm crazy for wanting this Max Wedge build and oh-Mopars-are-so-expensive-to-build-like this. And my reply? So F#%#g what! It's my car and she's the only thing I've managed to have a relationship with for over 10 years (14, actually). Doesn't she deserve this? I think so.

Imagine what you could buy for your car with the money you spent on that rock hiding in your house. Hello? Can you say Mancini Racing? Mopar Performance? Legendary interiors? Year One? I'm sorry, they can't hear you either.

Sweetie, the right broad is out there for you. You may love her alot, but if she cannot love the things about you that make you, well...YOU, then run the hell away yesterday. IT ISN'T GOING TO GET BETTER. You don't have to enjoy everything about the other person, but she should at least tolerate it and smile about it. Sometimes it is our similarities that we like about one another, but at the risk of becoming Siamese twins, you should also have some different hobbies.

Also, point out to her the good points, if you feel obligated: You're at home. In the garage. Working on your car. Spending money on your car. A nostalgic piece of Americana.

Not out at the bar spending money on some other woman.

My "Ford guy" has a mistress. Her name is Music. She and I have reached a truce. I adore Music but she consumes much of his life. I have another lover too, and that is my Career. He has come to terms and accepts that of me. Both of these place large demands on our time and energy.

Surely there is some hobby of hers you don't enjoy. I do enjoy shopping, I have my nails done sometimes, I love shoes and makeup and expensive watches. So? So I also LOVE my cars, I like his cars, our friends are car people and she is going to be a wet blanket every time you work on that car, everytime your car buddies come hang out she will pout and stomp her foot and make you feel like an A-hole. Unless she can come to terms with it.

If SHE loves YOU, she will be understanding. She doesn't have to love it, but she really doesn't have much of a reason to be JEALOUS. And that's what it is all about. Jealousy and keeping up with the Jones' apparently.

There's the long version of my two cents.
Great Advice Morrigan. I hope he listens.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:40 AM
thinkin with me dipstick

Originally Posted by old tired rebel
Great Advice Morrigan. I hope he listens.
do we ever?
Old 01-18-2010, 03:51 AM
Mopar Lover

He doesn't listen to us he must be thinking with his "little head"....
Old 01-19-2010, 04:16 PM
Mopar Fanatic

well she is gone if that helps
Old 01-19-2010, 04:36 PM
thinkin with me dipstick

pics of the charger???
Old 01-19-2010, 04:41 PM
Mopar Lover

Now just go up to the "Gun" or the "Roundup" and put a good sloppy on! And DONT mope!
Old 01-19-2010, 04:48 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Charger will sit if a car can do that i dont want it even though i would look good in it
Old 01-19-2010, 04:50 PM
Mopar Lover

Trust me.... You are better off.... And in a day or two you will see we were all right in our assessment...... Wait and see!!!!!!
Old 01-19-2010, 05:49 PM
Mopar Lover

Well she is gone. MY wife has realized that I would be gone and is now supporting me in my hobby that she knew I had when we first met. If she got mad and left over a car and couldn't support you in your car hobby she was looking for someone to take care of her like a Princess and give her all her the things she demands.

My wife even go as far to help me work on our cars and didn't argue about about me buying a Magnum GT with T-Tops. She isn't willing to give up our marriage that easy.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:18 PM
Mopar Lover

i 2nd it

Originally Posted by johnthegoalie

Quick Reply: Married Mopar owners