General Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

unAVENGERed

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 08:24 PM
Mopar Lover

Location: Michigan: The First Line of Defense From The Canadians!
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Angry unAVENGERed

Just got laid off today from Sterling Assy. Went in this morning and found out they will be closing the plant next year, BASTARDS. Our former Hun masters left us so F@&$ED. Hardly any new projects in the pipeline. Now at the mercy of wall street and zillionaires that dont know what work is. Oh no, they say they're suffering too! I read where this one guy went from 100mil two years ago to 50 mil this year. WHAT?!!! Just HOW would that change your life! Sorry for the rant, the medication is working now. I'm not looking for sympathy, I'm sharp and I'll do fine, but many of my coworkers arent so lucky. Just needed to vent, thanks guys.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hang in there

Originally Posted by scotts74birds
Just got laid off today from Sterling Assy. Went in this morning and found out they will be closing the plant next year, BASTARDS. Our former Hun masters left us so F@&$ED. Hardly any new projects in the pipeline. Now at the mercy of wall street and zillionaires that dont know what work is. Oh no, they say they're suffering too! I read where this one guy went from 100mil two years ago to 50 mil this year. WHAT?!!! Just HOW would that change your life! Sorry for the rant, the medication is working now. I'm not looking for sympathy, I'm sharp and I'll do fine, but many of my coworkers arent so lucky. Just needed to vent, thanks guys.
Sorry to hear the news. Keep your chin up, and hang in there. Sometimes these situations open up the door to new (and better) opportunities. I know what you're going through....I was laid off in 2002.....it was a strange and emotional experience.
It's a temporary setback, things WILL turn around
All the best
-JT
Old 05-02-2009, 06:29 PM
Admin

Received 200 Likes on 195 Posts
That sucks to hear. I'm sure that you will have something soon though. Anytime you need to rant, we are here to listen.... well read.

It just happens to be the way the economy is going right now. A lot of business are closing and even more are letting people go.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:51 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
your not the only one
don't worry, we'll all get through this tough time together
good luck man