WELL I WILL BE SOON SHOPPING FOR ANOTHER MOPAR! HELP ME CHOOSE!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
WELL I WILL BE SOON SHOPPING FOR ANOTHER MOPAR! HELP ME CHOOSE!

Well I know I havent been on here in a long while I have been extremely busy I got a new job, and I have been working on my 40 ford on my free time. The '40 ford is about done and I will be selling it and buying another mopar within the next 4 or 5 months! Here are the ones I am considering and having an extremely hard time choosing between! 1970 Super Bee, 1970 challenger, and a 1970 or 71 barracuda. If I get a 70 challenger i am going to clone it into a Moulin Rouge T/A chally, and the 70 barracuda will be cloned to an AAR moulin rouge cuda. And the 71 will be cloned to be a moulin rouge cuda. Of course I won't have all the in the world so I won't be able to buy a real t/a or aar. But I have seen some 70 super bee's at pretty decent prices. I am kind of leaning towards a 70 bee because 1 I love them, and 2 I am 21 years old and I have never seen one in person in my life lol, I think it would be fantastic to own something that scarce, and have the guys that arent very knowledgable of mopars go wtf is that???!!! IDK but its awesome! lmao. lol so help me out guys I am having a very hard time deciding.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:04 AM
A.K.A Bob Dodge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
id get what ever you want if the super bee then thats your car, just consider the shape its in and parts that are available for it, some cars dont get done cause owners cannot find parts,
Old 09-08-2010, 04:29 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I say be different cones have already been done
Old 09-08-2010, 06:10 AM
Mopar Lover

Well speaking of being different, I have a real soft spot for 71 cuda's because of the grill, headlights and fender gills, but the hood and spoiler on the 70 aar are killer, I always thought it would be cool to put a 70 aar hood and spoiler on a 71, but I have never seen it done so I don't know if the aar hood would fit on the 71. Also rather than doing exact clones I was planning on upping the engine on whatever I get to a new hemi, or a 440 + 6. And the T/A's and aar's just had small blocks. Man its just a really hard choice I love them all. And if I get a 70 bee I was planning on doing something similar to the mutant bee that plum floored creations did. If you guys havent seen it you should go google image "mutant bee" or go check out my pictures I have pic of it.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:49 AM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by 1966sportfury
id get what ever you want if the super bee then thats your car, just consider the shape its in and parts that are available for it, some cars dont get done cause owners cannot find parts,
And I am definately not going to pass that advice up, especially if I decide to go with the super bee, I have noticed most parts for the 68 -70 B bodies are extremely high priced! I have seen seats for them go as high as 500 or 600 a piece on ebay in good shape! Especially bucket seats. But the bench seats for them still go pretty high. And Im sure their are a ton of other high priced and hard to find parts on them as well. I have seen a lot of 71 cuda projects that have had the grill stolen from them... I will be passing those up, because I have yet to see a grill for one for sale anywhere. And only god knows what a guy would want for one if he had one to spare. I imagine a grand or two more than anyone would want to give lol.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:54 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts
I was looking for a B body, have a soft spot for '69-'70 Super Bees and ended up with a 4 door Fury with a 383 and skirts! I've only had it a few weeks and it has been surprising to me, how much attention I get! I'll keep my eye out for cars for you out here in the SF Bay Area
Old 09-08-2010, 05:50 PM
Mopar Lover

Location: Michigan: The First Line of Defense From The Canadians!
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Kinda Chally'ed out. Super Bees are rare and kinda cool to me! But I like being different.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by stratusdodge
Does it have to be a classic car?
most definately. I am kind of a pesemist when it comes to new cars considering the majority of them now a days that are no more than a few years old are wrinkled and dented all to hell due to the paper they make them out of now.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:19 PM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by scotts74birds
Kinda Chally'ed out. Super Bees are rare and kinda cool to me! But I like being different.
I have to agree with you. You do see challengers and cudas...... VERY RARELY but you do see them, actually I have only seen one other challenger since I have owned mine I have had it about 2 years now lol. But like I said I am 21 years old I don't ever recall seeing a 70 bee in person. And that is a car that I think anyone would remember seeing, because they are so extremely different looking from anything else on the road and extremely bad A$$ at the same time. And of course I am a person that likes to be different as well that is why I used to have pink hair once upon a time lol NO way anyone could forget seeing one, especially me lol

Old 09-09-2010, 06:14 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
I would go with the Bee those had some really stylish looks to them and thery are rare like bird said and just looking at the pic you put up i could see myself driving it down the road allready lol it would be nice to see one restored again so if your going Bee then make sure you share the pic's with us k
Old 09-09-2010, 06:18 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by challenger
I would go with the Bee those had some really stylish looks to them and thery are rare like bird said and just looking at the pic you put up i could see myself driving it down the road allready lol it would be nice to see one restored again so if your going Bee then make sure you share the pic's with us k
Agreed..

That Bee looks pretty damn badass. Nothing else to say about it.

Lots of people have E-body Bakarudas, Dare to be different.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:01 PM
Mopar Lover

I will most definately put up pics of whatever I decide to go with. And I am leaning towards the bee. If I end up with a bee I am going to try to do something similar to the one in that pic. don't know if I will be able to find a body kit like that though lol. I didnt notice it at first but if you look its got ground effects on it, and the panel under the front isnt original either with challenger style signal lights. It's got quite a few modifications done to it but I don't think it has had much that a backyard welder like myself couldnt figure out lol. That is the only year of the super bees that when I look at it, it literally looks to me like one pissed off f**kin bee. lol