1972 Duster Door handle parts? And installation

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2022, 04:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1972 Duster Door handle parts? And installation

Hey friends

Does anyone make the plastic clips that attach the door handle button to the lifting rod. Or the lifting rod to the release, I attached pics.
  1. I went to open door after doing a full tuneup, lube job/greased (engine, trans and rear), brake adjustment cap rotor plugs wires etc etc and the usual items and ready to go cruising and pushed the door handle button and it feel right through the door. So took window crank off, arm rest off and pulled the door panel off until I realized it wasn’t coming off without pulling the inner door handle and didn’t have time to figure that out. I was able to find the parts which dropped below. if anyone has the plastic press tabs or a complete outer handle mechanism send me a message or email not much of an interior guy and the last 20 years I’ve been Messing with Oldsmobile 442s so recently got back into my mopars and have never done a door mechanism like, door handles and window regulators etc etc. it was going sooooo well until this happens. Isn’t that always the case ?Any help is greatly appreciated