Originally Posted by Bozo
Congrats on the 1st place!!
Thanks Tony and thank you again for sending the magazine...take care Eric
Old 10-24-2010, 02:53 PM
Mopar Booster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bremereric
Thanks Tony and thank you again for sending the magazine...take care Eric
I don't mind being thanked for something but I believe you may have the wrong guy. If I sent you a magazine, I don't recall doing so....or am I really getting that old?!
Old 10-24-2010, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 181 Likes on 170 Posts
Originally Posted by Bozo
I don't mind being thanked for something but I believe you may have the wrong guy. If I sent you a magazine, I don't recall doing so....or am I really getting that old?!
My bad Tony it was Tank the Frank that is sending the mag...I am getting old...and it was a long day...but your still cool....
Old 10-24-2010, 06:16 PM
Mopar Fan

My bad Tony it was Tank the Frank that is sending the mag...I am getting old...and it was a long day...but your still cool....
hahahahahah its Frank the Tank, not Tank the Frank. Its cool it made me laugh pretty hard. LMAO
Your magazine will be in the mail tommorow. im sending it priority, so you should see it before the end of the week
Old 10-24-2010, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

Today I got one more thing done...

First of all this fan is what came off a Winnebago 440 motorhome...it use to cool off my 340 roller motor in my Dart...might go on this car...wish I had air...still working on that...maybe someday...I got my new alternator from O'Rielly's today...old one looked tired and old...I took the purple tag off the old and traded it in for the newer one..second and last pic...cleaner..

today I also ordered a rebuilt power steering pump...the one in the car has lots of end play in the shaft bearing and it is starting to squeal..took it off tonight and stripped the brackets of paint...

Last edited by bremereric; 10-24-2010 at 09:19 PM.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
hahahahahah its Frank the Tank, not Tank the Frank. Its cool it made me laugh pretty hard. LMAO
Your magazine will be in the mail tommorow. im sending it priority, so you should see it before the end of the week
Thanks I sent yours priority also..I think it only costed $4.60 for the envelope...worth every penny...thanks Eric
Old 10-25-2010, 08:36 PM
Super Moderator

I picked up the power steering pump today..
I got the pump...this morning I got up early and painted the brackets...I came home at lunch and painted the pump with the same epoxy paint...they didn't have the pully puller...they had it rented out..I will call them in the morning and see if it's back..if not I will go to Harber Freight and get a cheap one..got it mounted back in there tonight....

Old 10-26-2010, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator

Man...what a phone call I got today...

Out of the blue I got a phone call from one of the members of Houston Mopar Connection Club....they want my car to be in the Autorama during the week of Thanksgiving...they will pay for the carpet and barriers..all I have to do is drive it there and park it...what a compliment..
Old 10-26-2010, 09:15 PM
Super Moderator

Got that freakin pully off
Went to Harber Freight today at lunch...picked up a 25 dollar pully remover/installer...used it tonight..should have started up the air compressor and used the 1/2" impact...using a wrench and 1/2" socket almost wore out my big dutch arm...got it off...stripped the paint off and will come home at lunch to paint it...have a staff meeting in the morning...early night....

Old 10-27-2010, 04:41 AM
Mopar Booster

Out of the blue I got a phone call from one of the members of Houston Mopar Connection Club....they want my car to be in the Autorama during the week of Thanksgiving...they will pay for the carpet and barriers..all I have to do is drive it there and park it...what a compliment..
Damn! That's great Eric!! Although, either one of your cars are well worth this honor. Congrats again!!!
Old 10-27-2010, 07:43 PM
Super Moderator

Learn by my mistakes

1. never try to install a power steering pulley while it's in the car

2. never try to use hand wrenches to push it back on...one wrench loosens the other

3. Always use a 1/2 impact with impact socket

4. If you have a shitty home air compressor take it to work where there is two commercial size ones..unlimited air supply..

I hammered on it with my home compressor and impact..got it half way installed and then said F it and will take it to work tomorrow...hoped you learned a lesson I did...PS should have done the same when removing the pulley...
Old 10-28-2010, 08:43 PM
Super Moderator

Got the pump done..installed and no leaks

Okay took the pump to work today...hit the impact with good air supply for 35 seconds and it was done...got it installed tonight...filled it up...filled up the cooling system and fired the car up....no leaks and she ran at 160 in the garage..I think this was the first night I didn't sweat in the garage since March....

Old 10-28-2010, 08:48 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks to Frank the Tank I got my mag today...

Thanks to Frank the Tank we traded mags and I got mine today...it's the Mopar Muscle Magazine May 2009 edition with the half page article about my car with the previous owner and his son...

Thanks once again Frank....
Old 10-29-2010, 08:39 PM
Super Moderator

Tonight I assembled the soda blaster

I went to Harber Freight after work tonight because I got off earlier...I picked up a 15 pound portable soda blaster...came to the reasoning and conculsion that it is the safetest way to remove paint from plastic...I will have some other little uses for it also..it came with it's own air regulator and filter...also has two shut off valves and one adjustment that controls the amount of the soda to air mixture..can't wait to try it but will wait until next weekend...tomorrow is busy with cleaning two cars for the giant 500 car Halloween show tomorrow night...

Old 10-29-2010, 11:22 PM
A.K.A Bob Dodge

Thanks to Frank the Tank we traded mags and I got mine today...it's the Mopar Muscle Magazine May 2009 edition with the half page article about my car with the previous owner and his son...

Thanks once again Frank....
i have that issue floating around somewhere, didnt even put 2 and 2 together, lol
Old 10-30-2010, 09:46 PM
Super Moderator

Got both cars cleaned today...went car show hoing

Got my 440 Dart at the car show...4:00...already started to have lots of cars arriving...drove my wife's car back home then drove my youngest daughter in the Aspen to the car show..my wife saved me a spot and I was able to get it...by then it was really filling up...there were 735 cars there tonight...seen some I have never seen before..my wife got to see me smoke the tires on the 440 Dart and go sideways...I could smell the smoke inside the car...nothing like the smell of tire smoke...big blue/white cloud left behind..youngest daughter got to feel the 440 power on the way back home..the Aspen ran fine with no leaks from the previous power steering install..heres some pics...

Old 10-31-2010, 07:47 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
cool pics
Old 10-31-2010, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 67 GTX
cool pics
Thanks we all had fun...there were also alot of kids there trick or treating...if you look close at the Aspen there is a witches basket of candy...
Old 10-31-2010, 07:34 PM
Super Moderator

I couldn't sit still today...

Took some grill supports...hood latch assembly..and hood latch release assembly to work...loaded up the soda blaster and went to work...mind you that all of these were covered with undercoating...the previous owner used this to do the black out feature..the hood latch assembly will return to white and the others will be the epoxy black...the soda blaster worked great...it took me about 15 minutes to get it set right and then I had to reload the soda once...I blasted two plastic clips and there was no damage...even at 90 psi...

Old 10-31-2010, 09:35 PM
Super Moderator

My wall of fame or shame...first revision...
Taking my car to Houston's Autorama...made my wall of fame with Mopar Muscle article and 1977 Aspen Sales broucher..going to have to get a 24X36 poster board and doubleback tape them to it...gravity makes them want to slide down..also want to add some verbage about the car..

Old 10-31-2010, 10:00 PM
A.K.A Bob Dodge

?
Old 10-31-2010, 10:20 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 1966sportfury
?
??
Old 10-31-2010, 11:35 PM
A.K.A Bob Dodge

???,nm
Old 10-31-2010, 11:45 PM
Super Moderator

???,nm
???? lets see how many question marks we can get up to...do you have a question about my last post?
Old 10-31-2010, 11:56 PM
A.K.A Bob Dodge

the ? was for the wall of shame?, nm is for never mind. but to answer your post i got a whole bag of ??
Old 11-01-2010, 12:19 AM
Super Moderator

the ? was for the wall of shame?, nm is for never mind. but to answer your post i got a whole bag of ??
The wall of shame was my tired sense of humour...it is really the wall of fame....?????...Chevy guys would call it the wall of shame..I have a free company vehicle..it just so happens to be a Chevy pickup...I like it but I don't love it like my Mopars..
Old 11-01-2010, 12:29 PM
Mopar Fan

hahahaha well it sorta worked out being how when i shipped the magazine to you, the postman ripped the covor back off. saved you some trouble there haha i got your mags about a week ago, thanks man. that is a very special issue, being how your car was in it and my uncle built the first gen baracuda on the cover
Old 11-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
hahahaha well it sorta worked out being how when i shipped the magazine to you, the postman ripped the covor back off. saved you some trouble there haha i got your mags about a week ago, thanks man. that is a very special issue, being how your car was in it and my uncle built the first gen baracuda on the cover
Cool knowing that his is on the cover makes it more valuable to me..
Old 11-01-2010, 09:03 PM
Super Moderator

Got a little more done today..

Got the grill brackets painted this morning and mounted tonight..I cleaned the junk off of the grill bolt and then cleaned the rust off with a wire wheel..I will spray them with flat black VHT paint tomorrow and bake them on the grill on the back porch to cure the paint..

I also got the latch support bracket/frame primed with rustoleum white primer today...48 hours to a full cure..rain here tomorrow through
Thursday...will shoot it on Saturday if the wheather permits..

Old 11-02-2010, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator

Got a new horn today...order some new leaf spring shackles

Today I picked up a new horn...the old one was rusty and had that undercoating all over it...I picked up my can of VHT Flat Black flameproof..and ordered some new leaf spring shackles from RockAuto...got home sprayed the bolts with two light coats of VHT and let them dry...I drilled out some rivets from the bracket and horn..I stripped the bracket and sanded it down to remove some rust..took it inside the house and will paint it tomorrow if the humidity is low enough..started my first 30 minute bake on the bolts...will finish them tonight....

new horn...shiney side won't be seen it will face the motor..a little blue lock tite in the nut and it will be done

bracket stripped and bolts ready for baking...

Quick Reply: I never would think I would own one of these