Flowmaster series 50

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 06:47 PM
Rollin' on dubs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flowmaster series 50

http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts...A2514A0A0.aspx

Does anyone run these mufflers? I have a 78 magnum 318 and I want a little more V8 tone but don't want a super loud car.

Most likely just going to be a single pipe, but if I had the money I wouldn't rule out duals.

What do you guys think?
Old 07-13-2009, 01:53 AM
Admin

Received 200 Likes on 195 Posts
A friend of mine installed a Delta 50 series muffler on his chevy truck and it sounds great. its not loud inside at all and it has a nice low rumble to it when he pushes on the gas.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:32 AM
Hell kitten

What's on it now? Stock or already been replaced at some point?

Did that commercial I posted for you have the car running? I can't remember because after that post I watched old commericials for quite awhile... If that one had the car running, and you liked the sound...I'd go back to what came on it in the beginning then.

You could go with the stock brand and style but maybe change up your diameters.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:38 PM
Rollin' on dubs

Originally Posted by 78D200
A friend of mine installed a Delta 50 series muffler on his chevy truck and it sounds great. its not loud inside at all and it has a nice low rumble to it when he pushes on the gas.
That's awesome. Just what I'm looking for. It's going on a 318 so I'm sure it'll have a nice sound. I know flowmasters sound great I was just concerned with it being too loud.

Originally Posted by Morrigan_Aria
What's on it now? Stock or already been replaced at some point?

Did that commercial I posted for you have the car running? I can't remember because after that post I watched old commericials for quite awhile... If that one had the car running, and you liked the sound...I'd go back to what came on it in the beginning then.

You could go with the stock brand and style but maybe change up your diameters.
It's been replaced at some point. It's just a standard, universal muffler. The car is basically silent which is kinda nice in a way, but what's the point of driving a V8 if it sounds like a hybrid? That's why the series 50 looked so great, because it's not really loud (so they say ) and would make her sound really sexy.

Those are options. I don't really have the to drop on dual flowmasters at the moment, so another option is to run duals with standard mufflers, or split the exaust coming out of the muffler (dual outlets) and have "dual exausts" for a nicer look.

But for the moment the best option is to pick up the series 50 and slap it on. Down the road I can always run a second pipe.

Thanks for all the help guys. I was always an oldsmobile, chevy, buick kinda guy but I'm loving my first mopar!
Old 07-16-2009, 09:19 PM
Mopar Fan

Hey MagnumBlue!!! Welcome....

Don't rule out the Flowmaster 44 series if you go dual.
I put them on my dual exhaust 360 magnum with headers and they sound really nice.
To my surprise, they are quiet at crusing speeds and have that signature flowmaster sound from idle up to cruising.
I have a Chevy K5 Blazer with a single 50 and it's OK but, it sounds like evey other Chevy V8 out there.
My opinon is, being different is what makes us MOPAR lovers.

And by the way, I'd do what I wanted the 1st time around rather than having to go back and spend more money. Just a thought....

Let us know what you decide.

Mopar_71