Got a story of a car you "loved & lost" or sold? And found...years later? Share it

Old 12-15-2013, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got a story of a car you "loved & lost" or sold? And found...years later? Share it

I thought I'd share in case anyone out there has a story worth telling...

#96 on my bucket list is to write a book. But, when I first put it on there, I had no idea where the content would come from. But I am moving forward with it now.

I grew up in WV when coal mining was taking a dive. So, needless to say, we saw some tough economic times.

My dad was a car guy and he was always hauling home some rusty worn out car to build. As I grew up I learned a lot about car restoration and I saw many beautiful transformations in our driveway. However, it never failed, every couple of years, my dads company would close, or lay off. And the dreaded "For Sale" sign would come out in an effort to pay for a trip to the Beach, or Christmas toys.

Unfortunately for my dad, we have no clue as to the fate of his old cars. They have disappeared into our memories and the only remaining artifact is a few Polaroid photos.

So... tell me some of your stories. I have an ISBN with a publisher to author a book titled "The Ones That Got Away". The project draft is already registered and my first draft is due very soon (I've already got an extension.

The book will be a compilation of stories from folks who had classic cars trucks, or motorcycles that "got away" and they were able to locate them years later. I am looking for unique twists. So, even if it isn't a Mopar... go ahead and let me know about it.

OR... if you are searching, I may be able to help. So far, I've helped 2 people locate their cars, and I even helped a current owner find the original owner (kind of ...my plan, in reverse) Since I started this project 2 years ago, I have processed hundreds of leads, so I have read through some unique ideas in finding a car that could help others who are looking. Just let me know what info you have, and I may be able to lend some advice.

Share them with me here on the forum on our websiteor at jeffg1010@yahoo.com. Please send me a description of the story and give as much detail as possible. I will be especially interested in stories with unique twists, or searches to uncover the mystery of "where it is now"

And if you know someone with a good story, feel free to refer this to them to follow up.
Thanks
Jeff
info@theygotaway.com
http://www.theygotaway.com
Like us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-O...69402729757456
Old 12-20-2013, 06:37 AM

There has to be a story of an uncovered Mopar somewhere on here, right?!?!
Old 12-20-2013, 09:27 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 869 Likes on 848 Posts
Old 08-24-2014, 06:46 AM

Just checking in... did anyone locate their "One That Got Away?"
Old 09-01-2014, 05:29 PM
Mopar Fan

My 2 that got away, would be the 72 Plymouth Satellite 2 door I drove for a very short time in high school. My uncle had bought it new, then my aunt had it for a short time, it eventually was my moms car, the it trickled to me.My next would be the 68 firebird 400 I bought right after high school. It was rough and needed a ton of work. This was back in the early 90s when you could find 1st gen camaro parts at any quick convenience store. The firebird stuff I had a hard time finding. Later when I went back to school I sold it to get something I didn't have to work on.