Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Think this will get me half a mile?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 08:24 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 66 Likes on 62 Posts
WHERE ARE YOUR PRIORITIES?
If your homeless, jobless and about to have a son to be responsible for, the last thing you should be paying for is storage on a car. I don't care what kind of car it is. A car is just an object. A child is a committment that will last at least 18 years. I am not a doctor but your head needs to about three foot higher than what it is. Sell the car and invest the money in something to improve your life and your childs. That baby will need a responsible father starting now.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:10 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by MReeves
Steve, you say you can crawl under and feel tht the crack is dry??? Then use the JB weld i mentioned in the first reply to you. Just make sure all the tranny fluid is off the surface. If you have some spray brake clean this will do ... Mix the JB Weld and place it on the crack and let it dry overnight. Fill the tranny and drive it to your neighbors.. End of story... Put your new pan on and its done..... Nuff Said.... Quit your whinning about how rough you have it!!!!!! We ALL are tired of hearing that... Just fit it......
It was 10pm last night, I'm getting ready for bed and I came to the conclusion that, Yes! This is the fix!!

The point that I'm trying to make, after all the drama yesterday, is that
I was tripping on fixing a car in Washington and I'm probably not the only one here that did the same thing!

So RR, be nice to the people that are trying to help. You'll be surprised at how far it will go! Rick
Old 09-24-2010, 11:14 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by fivepoint
WHERE ARE YOUR PRIORITIES?
If your homeless, jobless and about to have a son to be responsible for, the last thing you should be paying for is storage on a car. I don't care what kind of car it is. A car is just an object. A child is a committment that will last at least 18 years. I am not a doctor but your head needs to about three foot higher than what it is. Sell the car and invest the money in something to improve your life and your childs. That baby will need a responsible father starting now.
RR, this is probably the best help/advice in this thread! Get it together and then worry about a car!
Old 09-25-2010, 02:39 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LMAO, this reminds me of that Monty Python sketch about how rough they all had it....lmfao
"You think you had it rough ? There was 23 of us and we lived in a shoebox in the bottom of a lake and we had to walk uphill to school each day both ways....

Here's the facts kiddo... " WELCOME TO REALITY "
Old 09-25-2010, 03:08 AM
A.K.A Bob Dodge

Originally Posted by MReeves
Steve, in your first post you said you wanted a fast, quick fix. When you are dealing with a leaking fluid there are non.. I do not know of any glue, tape, cement, ace bandage or anything that will stick in a wet fluid surface. .

i know of of 1, and its only 3 bucks
it will seal as the fluid leaks, worked on my gas tank when my floor jack slipped and made a hole and it was leaking.

seal-all
still on the tank and its been 8 yrs,
but thats the problem with a temp fix, it works (sometimes) and when it does we tend to forget about it and never fix it right,

Last edited by 1966sportfury; 09-25-2010 at 03:14 AM.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:54 PM

Ok. LISTEN CAREFULLY. This works great on gas tanks, should work ok on a trans pan. Go get a cheap bar of soap or two, (note, liquid soap that a lot of men use now wont work) then rub the crack with the soap, fill it with fluid, drive it like you stole it to friends house. Problem solved. No more whining about who said what on this thread. Thank you, come again.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:49 PM

Nicely done Mr. power... sometimes you just have to do what you can with what you have..

so what happened? did you make it?
Old 10-11-2010, 07:55 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Well after having to jump the car from it sitting there, I just drove it, and yes I did make it, and put my new performance pan on.

Currently in the process of trading the Roadrunner for a 1970 Charger.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:18 AM
Administrator with a large ban hammer !

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Performance pan? Does it really work? Whats next, a turbonator?
Old 10-13-2010, 12:58 AM
thinkin with me dipstick

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
just a thought - with a kid coming very soon, the absolute need to keep a job - how about trading it for something reliable and safe to get to work on time as well as haul the new family around in? cars are a great hobby, but supporting the family is a priority.

and before the attitude - i know what i'm talking about, there is a eating, sleeping, growing little reason my mopar collects dust...
Old 10-13-2010, 06:01 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 117 Likes on 115 Posts
Originally Posted by johnthegoalie
just a thought - with a kid coming very soon, the absolute need to keep a job - how about trading it for something reliable and safe to get to work on time as well as haul the new family around in? cars are a great hobby, but supporting the family is a priority.

and before the attitude - i know what i'm talking about, there is a eating, sleeping, growing little reason my mopar collects dust...

Steve, glad to hear you got it repaired... johnthe goalie has some mighty good advise for you.... Might aught to read it VERY carefully and pay attention...... He's already walked in your shoes as many of us have.... Mack
Old 10-13-2010, 07:20 AM
Admin

Received 200 Likes on 195 Posts
Thumbs up

Great advise!
Old 10-13-2010, 03:00 PM

Glad to hear it made it.., good luck with the trade.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:10 AM
Administrator with a large ban hammer !

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

I have 2 of those and just as much dust...
Old 10-15-2010, 05:19 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 117 Likes on 115 Posts
I know the situation very well... I started racing in the late 60's and my son was born in '75... Yep, I'm telling you I'm an old fart.... But, had to quit for the normal reasons... Saw the "light at the end of the tunnel in 2000 and got back into racing in a very small way then... Youngest got married last November... Picked up the Challenger the Monday after her wedding... Now I'm doing what I saw on a bumper sticker on a HUGE motorhome... "I'm spending my kids inheritance!!!!" And that's all I've got to say on that.....
Old 01-03-2012, 03:20 PM
Mopar Fan

After reading a few of RR's posts, I looked up his profile, and just KNEW he would get into a mess like this.

Know how i knew? I was him. In a lot of ways, I still am.

I'm the guy who thought his transmission was leaking, cause the more I poured in, the more it leaked. (overfilled)

I'm the guy who forgot to install a flexplate, and tore everything up on first startup, and had to startover.

However, I don't feel sympathy for dude. Same as I don't feel sympathy for me as a youngin, when I was too dumb to take good advice when I got it. I'm no old geezer, but I am about twice his age, and I do NOT miss being that eager about stuff. Paying storage on a car that will never get finished, trying to work on a car when I don't have money or even jacks and a jackstand? insane. I look back and wonder how my car EVER ran.

Anyway, just my two cents, but after hours and hours of technical reading on this site, this was very, thoroughly entertaining.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:39 PM
Mopar Fanatic

duct tape ,,it works on everything