First Project.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
still looking into U.S tag replacement - quick test is with the battery charged up disconect the neg side and clip a test light on that post, touch to probe end on the cable and if there is a draw it will light up, very bright large draw dim small draw, now you will get what they call parasitic draw from a clock or stero that will make it glow dim so dont be fooled - jam the probe in the cable and start opening the doors, glove box, push the little plunger in and out to see if that makes the light go out pull the lighter out check the trunk for a light mine has one ..... then start pulling the fuses out when the light goes out ya found it ..... hope this hels ya
Old 05-10-2010, 04:15 PM
Mopar Fanatic

....and take a volt / amp metre and make sure the alt is charging ..... regulator might be bad even if its new ....... at least 14 v at the battery and min 40 amp at the alt
Old 05-10-2010, 04:16 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Haha funny story 'bout the trunk... it doesn't open, it's half open/half closed, the lock is busted so I need to go in the back and fix it, maybe that's the problem? The circuit is always on since it's half/half? Until I get around to it I could go through the hassle of disconnecting the battery every time I shut the car off to go somewhere, atleast that'll make sure it doesn't get boosted XD
Old 05-10-2010, 04:20 PM
Mopar Fanatic

trunk might be it .... look for a fuse and pull it then see what happens
Old 05-10-2010, 04:25 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Hopefully I find it while the brakes are being done, should take a day for completion lol, then it's on the road, really don't want to carry a battery in the back... that would be such a time-waster. I definitely need to fix the cracks in the dash at some point, I'd like to customize a tach dash but that's far from now
Old 05-10-2010, 09:20 PM
Mopar Fanatic

It all takes time when your on a budget so the more you can do yourself the more you can sink into power & handling and of coarse a nice interior, paint is always the last thing I think about, yes fix the body where it needs it but man really I have lost count of how many primer red, grey & flat black cars I have had over the years, my brand new 87 Monte, only because it was new, my 70 Torino GT because it was mint so I broke down and painted it (Traded it to a solid Bro who I knew would take care of it for the 540 Hemi) and a couple of motorcycles all the rest were whever my money went into going fast and doing it like your on rails - making yours safe and road worthy is top of the list like the brakes your going to do, tune up the motor with really good parts and get a timing light so you can play with finding the sweet spot ( 2 deg. + / - max at a time) just keep in mind all factory settings except for a few choice motors are set up for max economy not performance so there is room for improvement even in a 100% stock engine .... can't wait to see your ride when it's done so get to her dude lol
Old 05-11-2010, 10:23 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Yeah, I plan to have Mopars all my life so fixing it up is a big priority, I can't wait to finish it and such but the interior/paint will be last, it's mainly about performance for me, I don't care much about a brand new paint job, because it's what's on the inside that matters most not the outside, unless you're trying to win an exterior show lmao
Old 05-11-2010, 10:23 AM
Mopar Fanatic

For the drum brakes should I go with steel? and what company should I go to for 'em? Price?