Mopar expert? ...whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 01:41 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 72RDRNR
That is soo true for about 90+% of those guys. The next worse I think are (no offense BuckNeccid) are the Vette guys - uppity, I am better than you because I drive a vette and wear a satin jacket...

But...but... I don't have a satin jacket Sides, the vette guys wouldn't have anything to do with me. Mine was cut apart, narrowed up, tilt front, blown 383... as far as they were concerned, I was the anti-christ. I promise you, no offense taken

(Psst 72, remember what was parked beside it?)

Old 06-12-2009, 06:56 PM
MoparMania-no cure for it

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
WOW! Gotta love that beautiful GTX!!!

Here's a joke you can tell the satin-jacket corvette a-holes -

One day in the jungle, a little rabbit heard cries for help..
it was an elephant, stuck in quicksand.
The little rabbit said "I'll get you out! I'll be right back!" and ran off.
A few minutes later, the little rabbit returned driving his corvette.
He threw a rope to the elephant, tied the other end to the corvette,
and pulled the elephant free of the quicksand.
The elephant said "Thank you little rabbit for pulling me out with your corvette!
I am indebted to you, and if i can ever help you in any way, you need only ask!"

About a week later, the elephant heard cries for help..
he found the little rabbit, stuck in quicksand!
The rabbit cried "Mr Elephant! Please help me! Go get your Mighty Mopar and pull me free!"
Mr Elephant replied "No need for that, my friend - I'll get you out right now.."
The big elephant then proceeded to straddle the quicksand, and extended his large *****..
The mighty elephant then said "grab on little rabbit, and I'll pull you free!"
The little rabbit grabbed on to the elephant's massive member,
and Mr Elephant simply stepped backwards and easily pulled the rabbit free of the quicksand..

The moral of the story..?

"When you have a large enough *****, you don't need a corvette.."

Last edited by Polara_68; 06-12-2009 at 07:06 PM.
Old 06-13-2009, 02:29 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Polara_68
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
WOW! Gotta love that beautiful GTX!!!

Here's a joke you can tell the satin-jacket corvette a-holes -

One day in the jungle, a little rabbit heard cries for help..
it was an elephant, stuck in quicksand.
The little rabbit said "I'll get you out! I'll be right back!" and ran off.
A few minutes later, the little rabbit returned driving his corvette.
He threw a rope to the elephant, tied the other end to the corvette,
and pulled the elephant free of the quicksand.
The elephant said "Thank you little rabbit for pulling me out with your corvette!
I am indebted to you, and if i can ever help you in any way, you need only ask!"

About a week later, the elephant heard cries for help..
he found the little rabbit, stuck in quicksand!
The rabbit cried "Mr Elephant! Please help me! Go get your Mighty Mopar and pull me free!"
Mr Elephant replied "No need for that, my friend - I'll get you out right now.."
The big elephant then proceeded to straddle the quicksand, and extended his large *****..
The mighty elephant then said "grab on little rabbit, and I'll pull you free!"
The little rabbit grabbed on to the elephant's massive member,
and Mr Elephant simply stepped backwards and easily pulled the rabbit free of the quicksand..

The moral of the story..?

"When you have a large enough *****, you don't need a corvette.."

haha
Old 02-19-2018, 07:53 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
mopar problems please help

I have a 1973 challenger it came out with a 318 i decided to up grade a little and i bought an 360 from a 1991 dodge van from what i have read this motor is an la roller motor the motor was fuel injected with a throttle body i pulled the intake off my intentions are to make it carburated i bought an aftermarket 340 torker intake and installed it it started and ran smooth but i found the oil pan loaded up with coolent water so i pulled the torker off and tried my original cast iron intake from my 318 and i had the same results i pulled all spark plugs and turned the motor over watching to see if water was in the cylinders there was no water in any cylinders . i have always thought any small block mopar 318 340 360 were the same as far as fit question do i need a special intake to do this swap please help im stumped thank you in advance also i need to say when i bought the 360 i pulled the oilpan and it was all black no water

Last edited by rcknrolfender79; 02-19-2018 at 07:56 AM.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:07 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 870 Likes on 849 Posts
Sounds like maybe a cracked head?
Old 02-20-2018, 07:58 AM
Mopar Fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All these stories are 100% fact obviously... why doubt someone's story, I mean why would anyone lie...ever...?
Old 02-20-2018, 01:24 PM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by homebrood
All these stories are 100% fact obviously... why doubt someone's story, I mean why would anyone lie...ever...?
OK... I'm Lost????????
Old 05-24-2018, 05:09 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I tend not to believe anything anyone tells me, but I'm anti-social!!!!
Old 05-24-2018, 08:56 AM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by ZEN357
I tend not to believe anything anyone tells me, but I'm anti-social!!!!
You Shosh.... HAhahahaahahahaha
Old 09-24-2018, 10:25 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
I had a buddy when we were in the Navy. He picked up a '75 vette stingray. It had some issues with idle and seemed to struggle past about 4k RPM.
Looking for answers and hoping to get it running smooth, we met a TON of "Chevy guys" or "Carb guys". One such "Carb guy" obviously used to own a 440 'Cuda that he couldn't describe how he got his hands on clearly. Well, he was a buddy from work (we were all wrench-turners), so we invited him to the auto hobby shop on base to help troubleshoot.
Dude definitely realized all of his BS stories were unraveling as soon as the hood opened.

On the flipside,
My Grandpa came to visit me and I mentioned the old stingray and asked if he wanted to see it / drive. He got really excited, stating he used to work on cars in the 70's. Long story short, he fixed the idle, fixed the powerloss (timing and advance... Forehead smack) and also pointed out '75 vettes had crap master cylinders, grabbed a screwdriver and before I knew what exactly he was doing, the brakes felt sharper too.
I spent my whole life only knowing him as a soft-spoken old fart. When he got his hands on that struggling V8, I suddenly saw the young, daredevil drag racer my grandmother told me he had been.

Moral of the story (I guess), real experience and know-how doesn't bash you over the head with their wild tales. The true engine whisperers do just that... Stand back and let you make your own mistakes, only offering advice if you ask for it.
Old 10-02-2018, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 78D200
It is more common than you think. just go out to the country side where people think they are rednecks and hillbillys.
I know this an old thread but never mind. If you want to see wannabe rednecks and hillbillys go to an American car show in England!.
On Classicoldsmobile.com there are plenty of threads about car show know-it-alls who know a 4-4-2 has a 442ci engine under the hood, Oldsmobile are made by Buick and plenty of other BS.
I've seen 6 cylinder engines called "big blocks", been told my Lincoln is a Cadillac, been told my fwd H body Buick must have had its engine replaced because "they always put V8s in American cars" to name a few.

Roger.